Baby Reindeer Netflix

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I wonder if there was a slight role change in the older writer ie. Were they a comedian and panelist or a producer but writer was to hid their identity?

Also the viral video from the club? I can’t find it.

Reactions: 8
It would be brill if they did her side of the story too, as she mentions a lot of trauma etc. I know it’s a true story so it’s not possible, but you never know-the real Martha might seek revenge

• Heart
Reactions: 9
I think she was trying to make out she was better than she was because she’s a fantasist. She was meant to be some top lawyer but couldn’t afford a cup of tea much less an iPhone, so she put that at the end of her texts to make it look like she had one. She was completely delusional. The spelling errors were probably just to reflect her mental state. At least that’s my take on it.
Thank you! That makes sense now ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 2
…….binged this in 2 nights. Just no words. Enjoyed it is not the right word but absolutely riveted. This will stay with me a long time.

Reactions: 14
Okay, finished this and agree with you all that the content is very dark and extreme. I skipped forward several scenes due to low tolerance including most of episode 4. If I had known what it was about I wouldn't have chosen to watch, because it's not to my taste at all.

This is the type of show that in the olden days would air at 11pm on Channel 4, so you know what's up. Now it's next to Kung Fu Panda on Netflix. Not very responsible that this type of stuff is just out there for anyone to happen across, but it's Netflix we're talking about and they're now releasing True Crime content where they bring in convicted murderers to "tell their side".

It's good, but I would not recommend it or ever watch it again.

The closest show I can think of to this is
I May Destroy You by Michaela Coel.
It had an 18 rating, warning of sexual violence, didn't it?

Reactions: 36
Okay, finished this and agree with you all that the content is very dark and extreme. I skipped forward several scenes due to low tolerance including most of episode 4. If I had known what it was about I wouldn't have chosen to watch, because it's not to my taste at all.

This is the type of show that in the olden days would air at 11pm on Channel 4, so you know what's up. Now it's next to Kung Fu Panda on Netflix. Not very responsible that this type of stuff is just out there for anyone to happen across, but it's Netflix we're talking about and they're now releasing True Crime content where they bring in convicted murderers to "tell their side".

It's good, but I would not recommend it or ever watch it again.

The closest show I can think of to this is
I May Destroy You by Michaela Coel.

This is a really odd take. There are loads of things on streaming with difficult subject matters. Child locks exist, and there are ratings and trigger warnings. Don't see the issue.

Reactions: 95
This is a really odd take. There are loads of things on streaming with difficult subject matters. Child locks exist, and there are ratings and trigger warnings. Don't see the issue.
This. Streaming actually makes it easier to ensure that you or your kids are only watching stuff that’s ok for you. It’s not like it just starts and you’re forced to watch it until you figure out what it’s about.
It’s absolutely on me that I ignored the trigger warning (as I wrote in the other thread). I think I still want to finish the show at some point because I read spoilers about the ending (using a thing called google 😉) and now I think I can. But it’s definitely heavy stuff.

Reactions: 12
Just finished watching this and feel as though I still have questions… why did he go back and have tea with his rapist? I just didn’t get it!

Reactions: 15
Just finished watching this and feel as though I still have questions… why did he go back and have tea with his rapist? I just didn’t get it!
I guess something that he really showed was that people who are victims of SA do questionable things that don’t seem to make sense. Often as a way to try and control the narrative and take control of a situation where their control was taken away from them. I think Baby Reindeer really demonstrated well how self loathing after SA can lead you into lots of strange risky behaviour. It was really tough viewing but I commend Richard Gadd for putting all his complex vulnerabilities into this and showing warts and all what trauma can do to a person.

• Heart
Reactions: 93
It would be brill if they did her side of the story too, as she mentions a lot of trauma etc. I know it’s a true story so it’s not possible, but you never know-the real Martha might seek revenge
Go pitch this idea somewhere because I need it to happen!

• Haha
Reactions: 10
What do we think has happened to Martha for him to be able to say his dealings with her are over?

Reactions: 7
What do we think has happened to Martha for him to be able to say his dealings with her are over?
He’s said in new articles she’s prohibited from contacting him or his family members so I guess a restraining order? I’d still always be paranoid though

Reactions: 11
Binge watched over two evenings. Enjoyed isn't the word, I was very intrigued by it. Thought the acting and writing was pretty flawless. Loved that empathy between him and his mum and dad when he went and told them what had happened to him, very understated but powerful

• Heart
Reactions: 48
So, my husband has said everyone was talking about the show at work. His colleague claims he spent hours looking up the real Martha online and said she lives and works in a certain area of London near us.

I’ve said that’s probably bullshit because every town claims they’ve had Maxine Carr working in Sainsbury’s (they haven’t) and people talk crap.

I’ve told him to go back tomorrow and find the source of this info from his colleague.

Got me thinking tho, imagine if the real Martha was found. If you knew who it was would you say or keep it quiet? I honestly think I’d keep it to myself, probs more out of respect for the victim (Richard Gadd) as he’s said he doesn’t want her real identity known. That being said, if I stumbled on the info I’d deffo have a nosey.

• Wow
Reactions: 11
So, my husband has said everyone was talking about the show at work. His colleague claims he spent hours looking up the real Martha online and said she lives and works in a certain area of London near us.

I’ve said that’s probably bullshit because every town claims they’ve had Maxine Carr working in Sainsbury’s (they haven’t) and people talk crap.

I’ve told him to go back tomorrow and find the source of this info from his colleague.

Got me thinking tho, imagine if the real Martha was found. If you knew who it was would you say or keep it quiet? I honestly think I’d keep it to myself, probs more out of respect for the victim (Richard Gadd) as he’s said he doesn’t want her real identity known. That being said, if I stumbled on the info I’d deffo have a nosey.
Theres been a few accounts on tiktok try and name her but when you look at the details of the case its clearly not due to the identity and occupation of the person they stalked.

Reactions: 5
Theres been a few accounts on tiktok try and name her but when you look at the details of the case its clearly not due to the identity and occupation of the person they stalked.
Glad I’m on a TikTok break or I’d definitely be watching all those videos.

Reactions: 1
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.