Baby Reindeer Netflix

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Just binged three episodes and will watch Ep 4 tomorrow. It’s really hooked me. Although, part of me is saying ‘Why didn’t you just tell her to f off at the start?’
Episode 4 is distressing so just a warning for you. It takes a retrospective look at a few years prior to where he is now which will give you a deeper understanding of his character and circumstances.

Reactions: 6
Episode 2 - was it really that hard to run away from someone of that size? She wouldn't get 10ft without a coronary & if she does you'd escape anyway.

• Haha
Reactions: 31
I thought it was very good. Disturbing but good.

It took me a while to catch on to the 'sent from my iPhone' bit even though he does say that she didn't have an iPhone.

I didn't understand why her spelling/ typing was so poor in all those messages given she was (previously) a lawyer. Was it meant to imply she was deliberately making spelling mistakes? Or that this was reflective of her mental state?

Reactions: 25
I loved his dad shouting at Martha on the phone 😂

Great show, deeply uncomfortable in parts and not what I was expecting when I started it, but still funny too. Plenty of Martha jump-scares as well 😂 😥

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 47
I really enjoyed this, so different to anything I’ve watched. I don’t know if I’m just mean but I hated Martha 😂 I had no sympathy

Reactions: 27
Okay, finished this and agree with you all that the content is very dark and extreme. I skipped forward several scenes due to low tolerance including most of episode 4. If I had known what it was about I wouldn't have chosen to watch, because it's not to my taste at all.

This is the type of show that in the olden days would air at 11pm on Channel 4, so you know what's up. Now it's next to Kung Fu Panda on Netflix. Not very responsible that this type of stuff is just out there for anyone to happen across, but it's Netflix we're talking about and they're now releasing True Crime content where they bring in convicted murderers to "tell their side".

It's good, but I would not recommend it or ever watch it again.

I really enjoyed this, so different to anything I’ve watched.
The closest show I can think of to this is
I May Destroy You by Michaela Coel.

Reactions: 15
I don’t know if I’m just mean but I hated Martha 😂 I had no sympathy
Nah I get you. I spent a lot of the times thinking about the mean tit I would say to her 😂. The fact he could still show her empathy made me question if I’m a horrible person because I wouldn’t have been able to. I commend him for his ability to though, wish I was more like that.

Reactions: 17
Just finished episode 4. It's very good on the whole, I didn't think episode 4 was as harrowing as i expected but it was very well done.

Don't have sympathy with Martha so far. I am struggling a bit with him and how he doesn't help himself at times with Martha

• Heart
Reactions: 37
Nah I get you. I spent a lot of the times thinking about the mean tit I would say to her 😂. The fact he could still show her empathy made me question if I’m a horrible person because I wouldn’t have been able to. I commend him for his ability to though, wish I was more like that.
I did think this but then he started wanking over her 😂😂😂😂

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 39
Ended up binging it.

I thought the final two episodes had some truly excellent and moving moments.

He still annoyed me sometimes with doing some very illogical stuff when he has been stalked for so long.

Had a tiny amount of sympathy for Martha in the end, living as someone like that must be horrendous . But she shouldn't be out in public either.

• Heart
Reactions: 27
Did I miss why it was sent from iPhone and all the spelling mistakes?

Reactions: 11
Did I miss why it was sent from iPhone and all the spelling mistakes?
I didn’t get that bit either 🫣 and I actually managed to put my phone down and watch the whole thing so don’t think I missed any bits🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 4
I didn’t get that bit either 🫣 and I actually managed to put my phone down and watch the whole thing so don’t think I missed any bits🤣
I think she was trying to make out she was better than she was because she’s a fantasist. She was meant to be some top lawyer but couldn’t afford a cup of tea much less an iPhone, so she put that at the end of her texts to make it look like she had one. She was completely delusional. The spelling errors were probably just to reflect her mental state. At least that’s my take on it.

Reactions: 48
I think she was trying to make out she was better than she was because she’s a fantasist. She was meant to be some top lawyer but couldn’t afford a cup of tea much less an iPhone, so she put that at the end of her texts to make it look like she had one. She was completely delusional. The spelling errors were probably just to reflect her mental state. At least that’s my take on it.

Ah ok, that was my guess too but wasn't sure if there was deeper meaning to it than that or some plot point I'd missed haha

Reactions: 5
I have to say I absolutely loved it and while some parts of it were deeply uncomfortable and dark I was totally hooked until the end and thought those parts were really well portrayed.

I know previous posters have said why didn't he just tell her to duck off but I suppose cos he had so much of his own trauma to deal with he probably saw what he considered his own 'fucked up ' parts reflected in her, IMO

Reactions: 26
The protagonist has said that basically everything that happens, happened. Obviously Martha's name was changed but it's an accurate representation otherwise. On that basis, I wonder will there be any appetite from people within the entertainment industry to establish the identity of the older writer?

Reactions: 12
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.