Baby Reindeer Netflix #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
With what’s just gone on recently in this country with the disappearance of Nicola Bulley and the whole internet going full on sleuth he knew EXACTLY what was going to happen here! I think this is his way of making sure she gets some punishment for what she did to him plus whilst also gaining worldwide stardom for himself. The distance and gap in time since she stopped contacting him will have given him some clarity and time to think, he maybe even blames her for him getting into drugs and ending up in the position with the abuser. Like many have said, you don’t have to be perfect to be a victim of SA, it can happen to good people, flawed people, bad people. Same with mental illness. Any one of us could have a mental switch flip one day and start rambling like FH. Her comments are text book someone off their anti psychotic meds and/or someone with extreme trauma approaching a bout of psychosis. Think Britney’s Instagram ramblings for example. I’ve got two friends who do it too and I cringe for them. There’s no talking sense into them, once they’re off on one it’s meltdown then inevitably hospital time. Also her dictation machine and taking photos of people in shopping centres, I worked in mental health for a while and two different men had photos of randoms in their phones and showed me this was who was following them (random people, numerous, never photographed twice, innocent people going about their day). The paranoia and delusions can be all consuming for people so ill. She’s got photos like this all over her FB. I do not agree as someone said above she has full mental capacity. Diminished capacity, some grasp of reality then way off with other things. Mental ill health is complex, SA is complex but he isn’t the angel he’s making out to be whilst sitting on Lorraine’s sofa. Might have guessed she’d be all over it with the DUFC knuckles. He has however done a very good job of showing SA and how it can be so surreal, disgusting, degrading, terrifying and just unbelievable all in one. I feel truly truly sorry for him regarding that but think there’s more to the story with FH. I think he’s maybe led her on for a laugh with ‘the lads’ and she has maybe taken it seriously and thought he really was interested and instead of shuffling off broken hearted she’s went fully mental. Sad state of affairs all round.

• Heart
Reactions: 30
Just finished it all. I'm of the opinion that she is completely unhinged and some of the fb posts I put on earlier adds to that.

I may have missed it in last thread but was she actually jailed for this?

I'd also never heard of the writer before this series came out but Mr T told me that the part where he is in a pub with 5 viewers as part of the fringe is true as he is from Edinburgh and hated the fringe with a passion.
---
Also I wondered where fenian had came from in regards to him but his dad said he grew up in the Catholic church. I'm from the west of Scotland so the Catholic/protestant devide is still big even in 2024.
---
Just this line on her latest rambling, but yet her 1st post said she didn't know him.....
1000125564.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: 9
Can someone explain to me how Netflix can make this series without speaking to Martha and getting her consent and giving her some of the ££££ . That is if she exists !!!! . My head’s fell off after reading these threads 😳. I’m so confused ..
In the same way the same way they could make The Crown without having to get permission from the entire royal family or pay them or get into any legal trouble.

Cases of defamation for films/TV/plays have rarely been successful, usually thrown out of court before a verdict is ever reached.

Sometimes a case is settled out of court, but since she is denying that she is real Martha, indeed she has stated that Martha is a fictional character, I doubt she would have any case.

Reactions: 16
He'd have concealed her identity better if he'd chosen a different actress and asked her to speak in a different accent. He wanted her to be found.
Agree! I do feel that ‘Darrien’ is getting away lightly though considering the awful SA. If anyone should be outed it should be him. How many others have sadly fallen victim to him.

• Heart
Reactions: 51
She’s the easy target. Nobody is scared of her because she’s vulnerable, lonely and mad. He threw her to the lions.

The sinister, coldblooded rapist is a man. Nobody is going for him.
---
Agree! I do feel that ‘Darrien’ is getting away lightly though considering the awful SA. If anyone should be outed it should be him. How many others have sadly fallen victim to him.
It will be interesting to see if other victims come forward.

• Heart
Reactions: 48
I don't understand why everyone seems to be turning on RG because he portrayed his harrowing experience that affected him and he portayed her exactly as she is in real life. Reason why show is a success in my opinion ,its because he is being real in his part with dealings with Martha, abuse,his own MH was not great after being abused and that contributed how he dealt with his stalker. He also have empathy for her.But that doesn't mean it is somehow okay to make life miserable and stalk,send 40k email,offensive/threatening emails ,messages,make someone's life hell.And people forget RG is not the first person she has done it too. Everyone somehow thinks it's okay for her to do what she did and minimising the damage of her victims. She got away with it and is not hospitalised or in prison,and still didn't have therapy or had any self reflection.The only MH disease I can see is narcissism and thinking I am above everything,this is why she is posting on SM,because she cannot lose a control. SHE IS the one who contacted papers ,and spoke to several ones,she thrives on attention that she doesn't get ,hence she stalks and make inappropriate statements online etc. Her posts that are not about RG are racist, misogynist, offensive - she is not a nice person and hence why she hasn't got friends.
But very first step is for ger to acknowledge she needs help and with someone so delusional and narcissist it won't happen. SHE HAD ZERO empathy when RG revealed he was rapes, she is even making fun and taunting his about it. RG acknowledge he felt sorry for her and that also made him somehow superior and above her.

None of her posts are true, she lies about everything, police, papers,RG etc.people need to stop believing she is having death threats. TWITTER comments will be what they are,noone can stop what people discuss.

• Heart
Reactions: 59
Just gone there and no comments,did she turn it off?
Damn it's a fake account, sorry!!! It looks just like the other one but isn't. 😞

Eta this new account claims it's for people to say what they want. It talks just like her. It uses the same flowers profile pic but no background pic. It's not real, is it?

Reactions: 2
but think there’s more to the story with FH. I think he’s maybe led her on for a laugh with ‘the lads’ and she has maybe taken it seriously and thought he really was interested and instead of shuffling off broken hearted she’s went fully mental. Sad state of affairs all round.
Insulting take to be honest. She has previous history of stalking a woman and her family prior to RG. But yes I’m sure he must have led her on. Perhaps the MPs wife did too?
Also, RG does not blame Martha for getting him into drugs and the later happenings because that happened before meeting her.

Reactions: 24
To be fair, literally every character in the show including his own says he encouraged her behaviour.

Reactions: 10
He’s the one insisting she’s as much a victim as he is and deserves people’s pity and support. 🤷🏻‍♀️

Reactions: 11
I don't understand why everyone seems to be turning on RG because he portrayed his harrowing experience that affected him and he portayed her exactly as she is in real life. Reason why show is a success in my opinion ,its because he is being real in his part with dealings with Martha, abuse,his own MH was not great after being abused and that contributed how he dealt with his stalker. He also have empathy for her.But that doesn't mean it is somehow okay to make life miserable and stalk,send 40k email,offensive/threatening emails ,messages,make someone's life hell.And people forget RG is not the first person she has done it too. Everyone somehow thinks it's okay for her to do what she did and minimising the damage of her victims. She got away with it and is not hospitalised or in prison,and still didn't have therapy or had any self reflection.The only MH disease I can see is narcissism and thinking I am above everything,this is why she is posting on SM,because she cannot lose a control. SHE IS the one who contacted papers ,and spoke to several ones,she thrives on attention that she doesn't get ,hence she stalks and make inappropriate statements online etc. Her posts that are not about RG are racist, misogynist, offensive - she is not a nice person and hence why she hasn't got friends.
But very first step is for ger to acknowledge she needs help and with someone so delusional and narcissist it won't happen. SHE HAD ZERO empathy when RG revealed he was rapes, she is even making fun and taunting his about it. RG acknowledge he felt sorry for her and that also made him somehow superior and above her.

None of her posts are true, she lies about everything, police, papers,RG etc.people need to stop believing she is having death threats. TWITTER comments will be what they are,noone can stop what people discuss.
Excuse me but none of us know her really so whilst you say you don’t see any MH issues with her others will disagree. I don’t sympathise with Martha because I think she’s a horrible person with disgusting views that don’t align with mine in the slightest. I just don’t like a pile-on in any situation and think that the general public need to rein it in and leave her to her ranting. The X comments are vile in themselves making the people posting them as bad as Martha imo. It’s a tv series, I don’t know why people can’t watch it, discuss it and then move on instead of creating a witch hunt.

• Heart
Reactions: 21
This is the account. It's not her, is it?
I’m pretty sure that’s a fake account created by someone with too much time on their hands.

People shouldn’t be interacting with her in real life, especially not liking and sharing her posts. It’s just adding fuel to the fire.

Reactions: 7
The victim blaming of Gadd here is outrageous. No one gets to tell anyone else how they should be dealing with what he went through, “it’s too soon,” or “it was so long ago,” “shouldn’t have played himself,” etc. this man should do whatever he feels is best. This show may have been the most therapeutic thing for him.
At no point has he claimed to be this innocent victim. That is literally what the show is about. People should go back and rewatch if they don’t understand the message.

Also to add, if I was him I wouldn’t give a duck about the after math of this. Why should he protect Martha or Damien?

• Heart
Reactions: 86
The victim blaming of Gadd here is outrageous. No one gets to tell anyone else how they should be dealing with what he went through, “it’s too soon,” or “it was so long ago,” “shouldn’t have played himself,” etc. this man should do whatever he feels is best. This show may have been the most therapeutic thing for him.
At no point has he claimed to be this innocent victim. That is literally what the show is about. People should go back and rewatch if they don’t understand the message.

Also to add, if I was him I wouldn’t give a duck about the after math of this. Why should he protect Martha or Damien?
Who is victim blaming? People are pointing out that he himself said Martha is as much a victim as anyone and that’s a big part of his message and if Martha is also a victim like he said - then why all the ‘victim blaming’ here of her.??
Nobody said he shouldn’t tell his story. There is a ton of empathy for him as well as concern for her as a vulnerable mentally ill woman with no support network. The two aren’t mutually exclusive.

Last edited:
Reactions: 14

I agree, he has every right to tell his part of the story and I think he’s been very honest for the most part. I don’t understand him claiming to have disguised the real Martha when it has been so easy for people to find her, but maybe he has his reasons be it naivety or a need for revenge. Who knows? If she’s as mentally ill as he says she is then I do think they could have done more on that part when making the show because now she’s all fired up again and it’s turned into a big mess.

I agree with @BessieNessie in that you don’t have to like her to agree that she is a vulnerable adult who perhaps shouldn’t have been dragged into it. People are really enjoying winding her up but they’ll soon be complaining when she starts targeting one of them.

Last edited:
Reactions: 18
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.