Clementine Ford #2 Capitalist prank, hypocrite crank, pulling her rank for some white saviour wank

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I’ve said this before on the last thread but I will say it again here. If governments, world leaders, the United Nations, whoever else with world power cannot end this centuries-old war, then seriously what can a woman in suburban Australia achieve by resharing videos on Instagram. I agree that change happens when society is mad about something, and spreading the message gets more people involved. But when you have world governments funding billions of dollars into this war it’s hardly going to be resolved by the power of social media. So please Clem, I do feel sadness and desperation the civilians. But please don’t try to guilt me for “not doing enough.” Because how can I personally end this war?
Exactly, 100%. Sharing on Social Media can bring awareness to an issue but what more than that? Clem is a hypocrite sitting in her cushy country demanding people do better but if she really thought that then shouldn't she be off volunteering in Gaza? Shouldn't she be running for government? To then go on and on about women in Australia caring about things in our country such as Domestic and Family Violence is ridiculous. The amount of First Nations women who experience this is outrageous, so we can't care about disadvantaged people in our own country anymore because it's not as bad as being in Gaza? But then Clem can do what she wants to make a quick buck such as traumatise women through a 'prank', run her Swiftie shows.. She is the most confusing woman!

• Heart
Reactions: 11
Have to disagree on that- although no Clem fan, awareness through these platforms is so important. When the time comes that there is something that can be done, someone voted in or out, policy that can be campaigned against that can affect these issues, then the awareness is there, people know what is happening and what it’s all about and are more likely to take action.

I don’t like the guilt tripping and the all consuming rage she has, and think she needs to find a better balance as her message is getting a bit lost which is the opposite of what she’s intending I’m sure.

• Heart
Reactions: 6
Have to disagree on that- although no Clem fan, awareness through these platforms is so important. When the time comes that there is something that can be done, someone voted in or out, policy that can be campaigned against that can affect these issues, then the awareness is there, people know what is happening and what it’s all about and are more likely to take action.

I don’t like the guilt tripping and the all consuming rage she has, and think she needs to find a better balance as her message is getting a bit lost which is the opposite of what she’s intending I’m sure.
Me with 100 followers can save this war?

She’s definitely lost credibility of late. Calling out “white feminists” (call is coming from inside the house) and that stupid prank for a TV show. Dissing Taylor Swift while earning money for her “tribute show” of Taylor’s songs. Makes my head spin tbh!

Reactions: 14
Calling the women dying in Australia “ a drop in the Ocean”. Isn’t any death a tragedy? Why is it a competition?

Me with 100 followers can save this war?
No not you, but her posting about it with her reach (and others with large followings) increases awareness. When there is something tangible to be done makes it easier for the followers to act. So definitely not a waste of time or useless or inappropriate imo, but she needs a bit more balance and less aggression.

• Heart
Reactions: 6
I mentioned in last thread that one of the reasons clem may have avoided the rally was cos of WWYW being problematic - the Newcastle Herald has just published this… it’s behind a pay wall but you can read it all on @jas_rawlinson IG stories (it’s about 15 stories).

Kaleidoscope news and cheeky media have been such fan girls of Sarah Williams.. it’ll be interesting to see how they respond..

Attachments

Reactions: 5
I mentioned in last thread that one of the reasons clem may have avoided the rally was cos of WWYW being problematic - the Newcastle Herald has just published this… it’s behind a pay wall but you can read it all on @jas_rawlinson IG stories (it’s about 15 stories).

Kaleidoscope news and cheeky media have been such fan girls of Sarah Williams.. it’ll be interesting to see how they respond..
I operate a NFP and I can attest to.. founders with passion.. not always being the best people to operate an organisation. What starts out with good intentions quickly becomes fraught with danger when an org isnt structured or governed correctly, and the impact is that poor practices derail and detract from the original good intent. So, so much is needed to set up and maintain a for purpose organisation in order to maximise its functionality (and impact). And the success of this largely rests upon the skills of the founder, their self awareness of their limitations, and their willingness to call in others who have the expertise.
Hard to say whether in this case it’s ill intent, or incompetence. Either way I hope they get their tit sorted, it’s a blight in the charity space every time someone comes along half cocked, raises funds, and doesn’t operate in accordance with regulations.
Also, get the vollys some support and structure. It sounds unsafe, particularly considering it draws in women who have experienced trauma.

Reactions: 8

Yikes. It’s not a registered charity and they have raised over $15k. Fake emails and names.

• Wow
Reactions: 4

Yikes.

Can also get past the pay wall to read it using printfriendly.com in case anyone misses the stories and wants to read it.

Reactions: 4
IMG_1441.jpeg

But how can she consider trekking Mount Everest at a time when Palestinians are suffering.
mate, the hypocrisy of this woman. Will shill anything for a dollar as it suits her, but shame on us all for enjoying our lives and not campaigning for Palestine every minute of the day

Reactions: 21
View attachment 2914037
But how can she consider trekking Mount Everest at a time when Palestinians are suffering.
mate, the hypocrisy of this woman. Will shill anything for a dollar as it suits her, but shame on us all for enjoying our lives and not campaigning for Palestine every minute of the day
So that's where all her substack money is going, I guess. Into her face, her tours, her own personal crystal and woo collection and now a performative woo filled trek to Nepal.

Reactions: 8
View attachment 2914037
Sorry, Clem says $500 from each booking will go to support the Himalayan children’s charity.
Which is run by the take on Nepal people. but ok, that’s good and fine.
I went and looked at the take on Nepal website and for the same dates, a 15 day tour is $2490-$3490 (not sure of the difference in variables in price) so let’s just be optimistic and say it’s a $1k additional cost to trek with Clem. Of which $500 per person goes to the charity, and $500… goes to Clem? So she profits $6k (I guess that means her costs for the trip are neutral? And Covers her airfares?) to go on a 15 day spiritual, reiki filled, content creating Himalayan trek.

Reactions: 13
View attachment 2914037
I cannot believe this. She shames people for enjoying even a simple coffee or for being able to get out of bed while people in Gaza are suffering but it’s totally cool for her to charge a ton of money for a trek in Nepal? Still no mention of that horrible prank either. The hypocrisy of this woman, I used to really admire her but now I think she’s completely lost it.

Reactions: 19
She still hasn't sent out the "founding members" of her substack their hats and crystals. I only know this because my poor friend is holding a candle that she'll get her Clem things sent to her, even though it's nearly been a year and she paid around $250 😬
Tried to warn her she was a scammy witch chasing a quick buck, but my sweet naive angel of a friend really let the parasocial relationship she has with this woman get the best of her.
Well if your friend is a white woman it’s because Clem hates her and she’s responsible for what’s happening in Gaza.

• Haha
Reactions: 12
View attachment 2914037
so they are taking twelve women them and if you look at the women's trek on wayback machine you can see they have increased the packages by up to $1000 just because clementine is going. i wonder how much of a cut cut clementine is getting. Sketchy as.

• Wow
Reactions: 7
so they are taking twelve women them and if you look at the women's trek on wayback machine you can see they have increased the packages by up to $1000 just because clementine is going. i wonder how much of a cut cut clementine is getting. Sketchy as.

Yah I did the approximate math in the above post. Conservatively, Clem is getting a cost neutral trek with content to mine 😍 I’ll take a punt now that she’s going to plant a Palestinian flag somewhere on the trek.

• Haha
Reactions: 11
It's gross that she's using her mother's death to spruik her newest money-making venture.

Things that Clementine thinks are okay during the Gaza conflict: expensive facials, reiki, selling trips to Mt Everest base camp, Taylor Swift karaoke nights, upsetting her own audience by inviting men to play pranks on them and then pretending it never happened, and posting women's banking information when they mildly disagree with her.

Things that are not okay, according to Clementine: thinking it's bad that women are being murdered by their partners in Australia, feeling upset about women being stabbed to death in Bondi, going to Taylor Swift concerts, not manically posting pictures of dead babies 24/7 and not buying into her simplistic, black-and-white, good guys vs bad guys world view.

• Heart
Reactions: 21
View attachment 2914037
1st Nov 2024? It’s May. That doesn’t really give much time for the ladies to save and work out leave. At least give 12 months. I guess she’s only interested in the cashed up (fit) feminists who can take 14 days off kid free on a whim to travel to Mt Everest base camp 🤪

Personally I’d do the trip myself first before I would take a group. It’s giving EmmyLou NYC & Bali trips that were cancelled 😬

• Haha
Reactions: 10
Clem doesn’t seem the required amount of chill to be a reiki master? Aren’t you meant to wish peace and love to people even the people you hate. I thought that was one of the main principles.

• Haha
Joe Biden went to the U.S Holocaust Memorial Centre for their Remembrance Day, met with survivors and posted the usual sentiments about it.

Of course that meant Clementine lost it and hopes he has a catastrophic stroke and falls into a vegetative coma for ten years. Because she definitely doesn’t hate Jews, just Zionists, and she definitely isn’t in the middle of a full-blown narcissistic meltdown.

Attachments

• Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: 17