Your worst haircut stories

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Oh my god today I booked in with a new hairdresser who’s mobile, I’m early 20s and had hair to my belly button I wasn’t sat in front of a mirror so had no idea what she was doing and I asked for two inches to be chopped off and now I’m sat here with hair that’s just below my collarbone. 😩🤷‍♀️ I was devastated but not the type to cry over stuff like that even though I want to. My family and fella say it looks better and more suited to me but Here’s to another three years of growing my hair again

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 14
The time my nan decided to cut mine. It was really long and it kept going uneven on each side. Kept getting shorter and ended up just touching shoulders. I was only about 10

• Sad
Reactions: 2
I had a few fringes that made me look like I have bowlhead in primary school like 🤣

it might be the initial shock for your hair, you might get used to it! Here’s hoping 🤞

Reactions: 2
When I was little I had long hair and I really wanted a bob cos my mate had one. My mum agreed. I had no front teeth at the time. I looked ridiculous. Dunno why my mum said yes 😂

Any time I’ve had a fringe cut in I’ve regretted it!

I have a tendency to cry at the hairdressers. I avoided going for years. Now I have somebody to give my hair a tiny little trim every 6-8 weeks 😅😅

• Haha
Reactions: 4
Mobile "hairdresser" recommended by a friend. She cut the back first so I didn't see she had the shakes. Scissors all ovet the place so badly she cut my ear, only then I realised she was pissed! I refused to pay and threw her out. My hair was a raggedy mess.

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 10
I went to a new hairdresser after feeling let down by the hairdresser I'd been going to for almost three years. I've got a graduated bob & was needing it shaped in the back & a tidy up. I thought she did a good job & booked again for 6 weeks time. However when I got home I noticed bits were different lengths, one side looked layered to hell & the other just one length. I've just cancelled my next appointment & booked with someone else. If both sides looked the same I actually think I really would have liked it!

• Sad
Reactions: 1
One Xmas i couldn't get in my usual salon so went to a tiny little place, stylist did the colour and an apprentice did the rinse..then the stylist was no where to be found! I literally sat for half an hr with my hair dripping down my back. She reappears clutching a pint pot and starts my trim...I distinctly remember her hands stank of salt n vinegar crisps😆....she'd nipped to the pub mid client!. Tbf it wasn't a bad hair do but I never went back!

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 8
Asked for a few layers to take the weight off, left the salon with Rachel Green hair circa 1995.

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 5
Oh my god today I booked in with a new hairdresser who’s mobile, I’m early 20s and had hair to my belly button I wasn’t sat in front of a mirror so had no idea what she was doing and I asked for two inches to be chopped off and now I’m sat here with hair that’s just below my collarbone. 😩🤷‍♀️ I was devastated but not the type to cry over stuff like that even though I want to. My family and fella say it looks better and more suited to me but Here’s to another three years of growing my hair again
I'm sure your hair looks lovely, but you're right to be livid if they didn't do what you asked

Reactions: 4
My hair - just a bob - had felt really heavy in the back, so I called into a hairdresser in a local mall and asked her to pop a few subtle layers in it, just to give it a bit of movement. I couldn't see what she was doing at the back and only discovered when I got home what a mess it was ... the top bit at the back was so short that it stuck up and made me look bald in one part (and I have a lot of hair, even though it's thin - that's how bad it was). Instead of slicing gentle layers into the back, she'd cut really severe step-like layers. It was bloody awful.

It took about three years to grow out. Not surprisingly, that salon didn't last long.

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 6
I had a perm when it was the fashion, and I loved it. Had it redone and they must have left the solution on too long as it came out like an Afro! I had to have it all cut off.

One hairdresser decided to shave a V in to my hairline at the nape of my neck (the rest was short), without even asking me. Offices were much more conservative then and I had a few funny looks.

I cut my own fringe to about half an inch when I was seven, and was also missing two front teeth. I had a lovely school photo that year.

• Haha
I was 16 and the previous harcut had gone short and layered ( it was the 80's). Needed a trim 4 stylists there 3 fecked off to back room and the one left was in a pissy mood. She hacked away at my hair. The bit that freaked me out was the look of panic on her face when she realised what she had done.
I was very blonde and it was now so short I looked like my head had been shaved and just a bit left on top. She couldnt get me out of there quick enough. I should have complained but was too shy. I got bullied terribly in school about it.
I didnt go near a hairdresser for 18 months after that. And by that stage my hair was almost to my shoulders.

• Wow
I’ve had a full fringe on and off for years. The guy I go to now cuts it perfectly but I’ve been to some and they’ve cut it too short! Felt like this…

2DD9EAD9-3647-48FB-BD47-CB9D7F18E1F1.png

• Haha
I had shoulder length hair but loved Carey mulligans hair. Hairdresser failed to mention that a trim on longer hair was about all she was good for. It had really obvious scissor lines all over it, I went home and cried and then booked a different salon for the same day. All they could do to fix it was cut even more off. It was such a witch to grow back too 🤣 I'd love to go short again but I'm scarred for life.

Attachments