Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

ginge2804

VIP Member
She doesn’t do breakfast, I’m pretty sure they eat that at childminders too, and they have school dinners cuz she’s mentioned paying for them before, so she doesn’t do pack up either.

I’m not saying she doesn’t have it hard and it’s not still full on, but when she does her talky stories about ‘can you imagine being a single parent’ well yes I can, I do it 7 days a week, provide 3 meals a day for my child, do school runs twice a day, keep a house clean and tidy because I can’t afford a cleaner, do homework, plan days out all while working 6 days a week. She gets every other weekend to herself and I’m sure one night a week? Some of us don’t get anything near as much time to ourselves. And her stories are always her lying on the bed talking mumbo jumbo. She seems to think she has it so much harder than everyone else when in reality, for a single mum she has it quite cushty.

Reactions: 8

Basicbasic

VIP Member
Yes she earned £750 extra last week to put towards her debt. £750!! Extra. A week. This goes back to my point that What were witnessing is a very wealthy, very lazy, very entitled, high earning privileged woman manipulate and exploit hard up (mainly) women.

Her debt was accrued SOLELY due to laziness. Can't parent, can't clean, can't cook, can't go for a walk, can't homesick..... bang £38k spent on all the stuff she CBA doing. Klarna have had some hideous press recently so they're trying hard to get good pr. But this will backfire.

Imagine if this was a mum living in a council estate, or a single woman of colour, or a refugee.... there would be zero sympathy. It's actually a sickening experiment in priviledge and entitlement. Disgraceful.

ell73949032838

I followed her because I felt sorry for her but have unfollowed. As she explains what she spent the money on, I am just absolutely baffled. Why on earth would you double your cleaner’s pay when she isn’t even cleaning your house, regardless of her situation being a single parent you have put yourself in debt for someone else who wasn’t even providing a service ? People are applauding her in comments for doubling her pay and still paying her. More fool her she is now in huge debt and for what !! Disgusted to hear that Klarna are in talks about her peloton debt as if they’re going to write it off, after she’s admittedly spent 5k on Deliveroo and Uber eats when she could’ve gotten a delivery slot from a supermarket. Does she think she’s the only single parent that had to work throughout lockdown ? How does she think everyone else coped ? It was the whole country / world going through it too ?? Paying for childcare because her children were bored ?? I have absolutely no sympathy for her, she’s just an idiot

Nixen

Chatty Member
She wants a lifestyle she can’t afford, simple as. She needs therapy, not another navel gazing social media platform. She’s too busy to cook / shop / look after her kids / clean her own 2 bedroom house but has loads of time for making TikToks of course

• Haha
Reactions: 7

Idntknow

Cash stuffing did nothing for her 😂😂😂 she didnt stop buying stuff. She gave up the 30 day minimalism challenge because she was only getting rid of stuff to replace it and people called her out on that being the opposite of what the challenge was meant to be

The way she got out of debt isnt an option for many people, think of all her followers who rent. Yes you need to budget and cash stuffing could help with that but dont be lying saying thats how you got debt free in a year

maliceinwanderlust

Yes, I think she has ethical aspirations but like many of us there's a gap between her wish to shop better and her actual consumption habits. Which is fine but don't make judgemental comments about people shopping in Primark. I wouldn't say next or sports brands are any more ethical than Primark. And yes, you can so surveys for a few quid but really she made £5k ish from free trade links.

She wouldn't link to the cash folder she bought until she set up an Amazon referral scheme, so for months she didn't answer questions about where it came from on either TikTok or YouTube as she wouldn't make a few pence from those sales. How mean is that, withholding information from your followers because you won't personally profit from it.

Paperstars2022

VIP Member
Didn't realise this thread existed until the other week where I'd been silently reading (I've followed her journey from the start) I was very interested and it made me feel better as I've been in debt for years. Granted, not as much as her but still, I felt awful about it so followed her on her journey. But debt free in six months? I'm astonished. During lockdown I sadly got into tons of Klarna debt, it was so easy and with depression and boredom, it was an easy quick fix of happiness. I can't tell you how many times I contacted them saying I was struggling with no support. I appreciate this was my fault but I just needed help. I even got my GP to help me with a debt and mental health evidence form and yet she got her Klarna debt wiped entirely (I know this as some time ago but it always bugged me and felt so unfair)
Sigh.

• Heart

queencarmen

VIP Member
i cant imagine anything more sad than checking my own tattle thread whilst on holiday with my kids and feeling the need to make passive agressive responses

Coconutclub

Chatty Member
So shes been posting all her money saving, budget stuff, how shes succeeding etc etc, encouraging people to buy her planner and courses, while getting into debt herself.
The absolute audacity
Anyone that follows this woman for any sort of financial advice or inspiration is seriously misguided. She very clearly has no discipline- she overspends - has no intention of not going on holidays or trips, she seems chaotic tbh. She is also extremely naive about working freelance- that 10k credit card should have been 10k in savings, but of course she wouldn’t have that as she’s impulsive and not actually capable of saving that amount of money. Clients not paying /going into administration etc is one of the worst parts of working for yourself and very common and why you need to be good at saving the cash. Because as she found out with her UC application there is no real safety net for the self employed. The credit card also completely contradicts her stupid performative nonsense around cash stuffing - the whole point of that is that it’s a psychological aid when trying not to spend too much to use cash only. But she is not interested in just using cash - it’s just for clicks because it’s one of those weird niches on TikTok and YouTube that people like to watch.

ginge2804

VIP Member
It does seem very strange, will await the video about them she's threatening to do with interest. I mean how many jars did she buy. I see she is back shopping at Ocado.
She's looking for sympathy with her energy bill that she believes she has underpaid by £1K based on her calculations. She will have underpaid no way near that I'm convinced esp if she switched a year ago as she would have had to give a confirmed reading then. Yes I know that standard tariffs have gone up but she switched to Bulb and even advertised them with their green credentials and I know Bulb have gone into administration but they have not gone under. She should still be on the fixed tariff she signed up to!
sorry but someone who has paid off 40k debt in 6 months isn’t getting any sympathy from me about her energy bill underpayment 😅

maliceinwanderlust

No wonder she's overwhelmed. She works 4 days a week, has two kids and creates content for clients and herself, on subjects including home, finance and lifestyle, on three platforms (IG, YouTube and TikTok), plus us trying to establish herself as a project manager coach. And she has ongoing health issues, anxiety, unresolved trauma and ADHD.

Yasmin, please pick one thing and focus on that. You'll get more of a sense of satisfaction. If money is not an issue and you want to prioritize your health you need to sack off several of these things. Stop trying to monetize everything.

Bluetowel

I feel awful for doubting her but I have never come across someone with so many issues who is able to maintain a job and a normal life, let alone such an active social media presence.

I genuinely feel as if she wants attention/validation and will get it by any means necessary even if that means lying or embellishing the truth.

As the child of an alcholic and seeing the damage firsthand that has caused my entire family, I just can’t understand why she would say she had an issue with alcohol only to then casually drink when it suits her? That hasn’t been possible in my experience. It’s been all or nothing.

fruitfriends

How long has she been doing this? Around 3 months? And she’s cleared 24k in debt. she Is blind to her privilege. I feel so bad for people who will see these videos and they’re in debt too, and it just makes them feel terrible about themselves.
24k is more than the average person makes in a year!
Fumin

Squirrelfriend

Chatty Member
The cheek of someone advising people on finances and talking about cash stuffing when they have been spending merrily on a credit card .

Idntknow

She didnt get “debt free” she just took a big mortgage…which isnt an option for a lot of people…and now instead of paying lots of different companies she pays one.
Shes still 300k in debt

ginge2804

VIP Member
if you needed to take out a 10k loan as a security blanket that should have been your sign NOT to leave your actual job.
The fact she said ‘I wasn’t classing it as debt as I thought I’d have the money to pay it back’ just shows she is really no better with money now that she was at the start of this ‘journey’