Would you/wouldn’t you? - benefit fraud

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Yea I would! If they’re stupid enough to tell their friends, whether in confidence or not, they’re stupid enough to get caught.

I work full time, have no kids, can claim no benefits and get around £1500 a month while working with ADHD/anxiety/depression. Why should I work 37 hrs for less money than those who morally choose not too?

the system is too lenient and easy to swindle like your friend. I wouldn’t tell her your doing, but don’t be there for her either when she comes crying.

Reactions: 12
Yep, I would indeed! The welfare system is there to support those most in need and every fraudulent claim takes money from those who genuinely need it.

Reactions: 7
Sounds like the more they realise they can take the piss without getting caught, the more they are? I think you should report them. Not right at all.

Reactions: 3
Report them. I can’t say more than that. What they’re doing is so so wrong, it upsets me

Reactions: 1
Report them. You can do it anonymously.
Honest people are paying taxes out of their hard earned money to fund these reprobates’ dishonest lifestyle. Takes the absolute piss.

Reactions: 5
I wouldn't. Focus on yourself and living your life rather than what they are doing. Distance yourself if you need to for your own mental health

Reactions: 5
I don't think you should report them. If they are playing the system, they are idiots and one day will either be caught or they'll grass themselves up.
Think about it like this - does it really have any benefit to you to report them? You won't be any better off. Also, just because they say you can anonymously report doesn't mean they won't work out you reported them, then what?
Concentrate on yourself and live and enjoy your life in the knowledge that you are a good, honest person, don't give them another thought :)

Reactions: 8
I would! It drives me mad that I work hard, have my own family to support and yet an taxed over £1000 a month to support people who cheat the system. I reported my stepdaughter’s mother anonymously and have no regrets.

Reactions: 6
I would hardly describe this person as a “friend” if you’re planning to report them

Reactions: 7
I wouldn’t report anyone for benefit fraud, especially someone that had kids in the house, it would be them that suffered at the end of the day.

Reactions: 8
I was a former benefits assessor, the post thing is a massive red herring for if people are part of a couple (along with the old if he stays less than 3 nights etc). They use lots of ways to check. The DWP can check bank accounts so they'd see wages coming in and out.

I would report them. We all end up paying for people like this.

Reactions: 4
I would report them. Abusing the system like that is one thing I really dislike.

Reactions: 1