Would you take drugs with your work colleagues?

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I wouldn’t take drugs full stop.

We also have regular drug testing at our workplace and I would lose my job if I was found to have drugs in my system. (I just work in admin).

Reactions: 8
Depends what kind of relationship you have with them. Generally no, unless you're mainly friends outside of work rather than colleagues first

Reactions: 2
If this is a peer pressure thing, ditch them, no one should feel pressured to do something like this.

Drugs aren’t worth the risk, especially if you don’t know the source they are coming from.

Reactions: 4
it entirely depends on the workplace, your colleagues and management.
I would not personally but I know many people who would and do
work colleagues are not necessarily your friends and could backfire massively for you
be careful

Reactions: 4
When I worked in retail during uni I would go out with colleagues and anything would go really.

Now I am a tax adviser, definitely not.

We need more context.

But no, I wouldn't be doing it to try and fit in.

Reactions: 1
If you are in a registered profession then absolutely not, not only could you lose your registration but your job and career.
Not a fan of mixing business with pleasure personally, having been offered a cheeky line by a senior manager (politely declined I may add) I can’t take her seriously now and she is a total flake at work so I wonder if this is impacting her work now I’m aware of her extra curricular activities.

Reactions: 9
If you are in a registered profession then absolutely not, not only could you lose your registration but your job and career.
Not a fan of mixing business with pleasure personally, having been offered a cheeky line by a senior manager (politely declined I may add) I can’t take her seriously now and she is a total flake at work so I wonder if this is impacting her work now I’m aware of her extra curricular activities.
I know plenty people who do take drugs and can be professional at work, it doesn't affect their performance. But i think there is something unhinged about offering it to your employees or colleagues, especially without knowing if they're into it, so I'd probably also struggle to take them seriously

Reactions: 5
When I was about 19 (working in a call centre - I got sacked in the end because I was crap at it) and going out every weekend with colleagues/friends we would do speed, ecstasy and coke all the time.
I clearly didn’t give a tit and my boundaries were rather off 😅
Now I’m nearly 40, have a career I want to keep and my friends/colleagues don’t do drugs nor do I then it wouldn’t happen. However to some it’s normal.
besides loads of us get drunk at the Christmas party and alcohol is one of the most lethal drugs.

I have known lawyers and city folk ie bankers who get rewarded with bags of coke by their bosses. It’s fine though because they have a degree and money 🙄

I wouldn’t but I have never taken drugs, plenty do and I have been on nights out where people have obviously been using cocaine in the toilets etc.

However to some it’s normal.
Absolutely this! I think if you don’t do drugs it’s easy to miss how normal it is to some people.

In my circle it’s completely normal to pick up half a gram of cocaine on a casual Friday evening. In fact it’s considered ‘not that much’.

I’ve distanced myself from it because I can see the toll it was taking on my mental health, and I’m now the weird one for not wanting any.

I could pinpoint exactly which of my colleagues either have a habit or would dabble.

I work in marketing and at my old workplace in London drugs with colleagues was as much a thing as drinking with certain groups of them. I didn’t quite realise until I went sober for an event and looking round there were people who looked like they’d face planted in a bag of flour. It was like some kind of open secret.

I did coke with a colleague once and will never ever do it again because of how it made me feel. I chose to do it because I was stupid and wanted to try it, I trusted the colleague and since it was really common in the workplace I didn’t see it as a risk to my job.

When I was younger and worked in bars, yes I did take drugs with work colleagues but not when I worked in office jobs.

I don't even drink now so drugs are a definite no no but in my current role if I was a drug user, I wouldn't dream of doing them with my colleagues.

I think it depends on circumstances such as age, industry and opportunity. It would be really strange if I said to my colleagues, who are all women in their peri or post menopausal years, shall we get some coke after brunch at the weekend 😂😂

• Haha
Reactions: 3
I haven’t done drugs in years but used to be very into the house music / MD, coke etc scene. I would never ever do drugs at work, at a work ‘event’ I,e a Christmas party or around a group of work people. However I did have 2 or 3 colleagues who I considered friends (would meet up with outside of work, two I went on holiday with) and I would have no problem doing drugs with them. Same really as booze imo, I would never drink to excess with work people but would enjoy alcohol outside of work.