Would you go to a school reunion?

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I'd rather drink battery acid than be in a room with those people again.

Although I'm only 43, I know a couple are now dead (not much of a loss to humanity), a couple are or were in prison, and several have broken marriages, and it's known that I'm single and finanically sound (touchwood), so I can see some of the women coming onto me (YUK!).

Reactions: 2
Nope. I loved school and I’m still friends with 6 people from school (2 of which are my closest friends). But I wouldn’t be interested in spending time with anyone else from school and spending an evening making small talk with people I haven’t seen for 13 years sounds like hell.

Reactions: 1
Nope, some of my year group actually tried to do one a few years ago and I think most of the people who showed were the ones everyone would be avoiding seeing again 😂

I'm still great friends with 2 of my school friends and would chat to a few others if we saw each other, but there's no way I'd give any time of day to the ones who were nasty to me and others for 5+ years of my life

Absolutely hated school. was bullied mercilessly but looking at the absolute state of most of my peers on FB now I'd love to turn up looking fabulous, lord it over them all for 5 minutes, then leave. I feel it would be most cathartic :LOL:

• Heart
Reactions: 4
I left school in 95 and there was a reunion organised a few years ago, I didn't go!

I'm still good friends with a few people I went to school with and have a few others on Facebook who I'd have a quick chat to in the street but the rest of them, no thanks.

I didn't hate school and I had a good group of friends but we were very much not a popular group and the ones who were considered popular still think they're something special. I live about an hour away now and haven't lived in the local area for over 20 years now (although my parents still do) so it's rare I'd bump into anyone which suits me fine.

I left school in 1995. I didn't enjoy school, I was never popular and was picked on a bit. A girl from school did a reunion in 2004. I attended that out of pure nosiness. Also, I still liked partying and drinking back then so it was a night out. It was OK but I got really drunk (not unusual for me 😂). Then the same girl decided to do another reunion the year before we all turned 40, I didn't go to that because Facebook meant I didn't have any curiosity at all and I had stopped drinking in 2008 so I would have felt too awkward. The girl who organised it sent me a message asking me if I was going but thankfully, I had other plans. I saw all the pictures on fb on the night and the day after and hardly had anybody turned up, it must have cost the girl who put it on a fortune because she hired a room and put a buffet on, she was planning to charge £5 per head but there was 20 people there, max.

I don't really remember school that fondly. I just sort of blended into the background occasionally tried to date the odd girl. Got generally friend zoned, or even worse creep zoned. I guess the swot never got the girl back then. So I eventually gave up and took on a defensive smartass persona which eventually got me twit zone.

Could never dance either so I remember school discos as being a ritual humiliation of sort of wobbling from side to side waving my arms around in a vague time to the song. And doing the same thing for every song.

No. I was quiet and shy and didn’t really fit in. Can think of nothing worse!

Reactions: 4
I'm only going if I lose the two stone I've been saying I'm going to lose for the last 3 years and I look hot 😂

No, three of my closest friends are from school and one of those I think I see once every 6 months.
That's lovely though because we were friends from nursery age onwards, so no matter how much time passes between visits, it's like we saw each other the day before.
The other two are in contact every few days.
I'm not interested at all in any other school related encounters.
I've bumped into a couple of people from school, in a work capacity. That's been pleasant enough but again, not interested in swapping details.
There was a reunion a few years ago, I would have gone then as my close friends wanted to go, luckily I finished work late so couldn't & the social media pics determined that had been a lucky swerve. 😄
I like my life, I don't have vacancies for people who wore the same uniform as me for four years and used that as a good enough reason to annihilate my confidence.

Nooo. They did a 10 year reunion a few years back and I didn’t go. I’m only in touch with one friend from school and she said if I went she would, still wasn’t enough to convince me! It was being hyped up on Facebook as this huge event and I think only about 10 people turned up in the end. It was mostly the ‘popular and bitchy’ crowd who I never really mixed or got on with anyway so it would have been horrendous and I’d have spent the whole time feeling awkward and judged. No thanks. I didn’t hate school, but I’ve moved on from that part of my life and have no interest in reunions. I think they worked better and had more meaning before social media when it was genuinely harder to keep in touch and see what people are up to.

No. I wouldn’t like to see how people have aged better or been more successful or become wealthier!

Definitely not. Hated every minute of it and didn’t care for them then let alone now 15 years later 😂

No .

I can imagine it being like Romy and Michelle's high school reunion with bull shitting about how good their lives are.

Although with social media, I think school reunions are less of a thing now.

• Heart
I've been invited to numerous school reunions and have yet to answer the call.

No .

I can imagine it being like Romy and Michelle's high school reunion with bull shitting about how good their lives are.

Although with social media, I think school reunions are less of a thing now.
I love that movie. 😂

God no, you couldn’t pay me to go back!

I was never bullied or anything, I was just quiet and didn’t really have many friends. I lost contact with the couple of people I did stay in touch with maybe 10 years ago now.

My year have “reunions” every few years... except it’s just the one friend group who organise it and they’re all still good friends now so it’s not exactly a reunion

Last edited:
I’d rather stick pins in my eyes than be in the same room as the people who made my life hell during my teenage years.

Absolutely not. If I see someone from school in the street I cross over and avoid them now 🤷‍♀️