Would you go to a school reunion?

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
A few years ago a facebook group for our year was created and there was a massive buzz for a reunion. In the end like 8 people showed up and they went to spoons LOL. I never was going to attend myself, a few people asked if I was going but think they were just confirming not to go either.

Left 6th form in 2008 and apart from the long terms friends I kept not seen any of them since then. Some not even seen since 2006. I have loads on facebook but that's pointless these days. I'm not nostalgic for my school years at all and definitely don't see the point in meeting again if there's been no contact.

Reactions: 5
Just last week, I bumped into somebody that I went to school with and she was telling me that there's a 25 year reunion being planned for next year.

The fact that I've only just realised it's that long since I've left school made me feel every one of my 41 years, but to be honest I'd rather stick pins in my eyes than go.

I was really quiet in school and put up with what was seen as others 'having a laugh' at my expense. These days it would be called what it was. Bullying.
I had abuse at home and abuse at school and needless to say, got the hell out of there as fast as I could. Went to uni miles away and never went back.

I might go to a primary school reunion though. I went to a small village primary and am still in contact with some of the others today.

• Heart
Reactions: 16
Hell no šŸ¤£ I went to an all girls school (when I did attend). Theyā€™d probably have to host it at a soft play centre.

• Haha
Reactions: 10
Hmm.. Iā€™m not sure if I would go or not. I never stayed in contact with anyone but Iā€™m meeting up with someone I went to school with next week, I havenā€™t seen him since 2006 but bumped into him on Tinder šŸ˜‚ Quite a few people from school work in the local supermarket and thatā€™s fine but I couldnā€™t face seeing everyone in one go.

There was a reunion a few years ago but I didnā€™t go then.

I left school in 2009 so not that long ago. We had a reunion in 2014 with about 10 people going.

I would love to to a school reunion to see what everyone is getting up to. Although i did see a girl i went to school with in a restaurant she gave me daggers ( no reason i can think of but she was one popular mean girl ) Some people sadly don't change.

Simply put, no. I hated high school, was bullied badly in my early teens and still live in the same area I grew up in which is a close-knit community. If I wanted to know what everyone from high school was up to these days (which I donā€™t) it wouldnā€™t be hard to find out without having to actually be in their presence again.

• Sad
Reactions: 4
I was at my prep and senior school for 14 years in total. I would not go back even if you paid me. Year 9-11 was a really painful time for me. The whole experience left me suicidal and it took a lot out of me.

"The best revenge is massive success".

I honestly could care less about anyone I met 13 years since leaving, or even to rub it in their faces. I met someone at an event who was in my class maybe 5 years ago. My mother spent more time talking to her then I did. I just pretty much said a quick "hi and walked away." If I had a good time then obviously my view now would be different.

Last edited:
  • Sad
Reactions: 2
Nope. I have one friend left from school. I never kept in touch with anyone and didnā€™t particularly care for them neither.

Reactions: 4
Hell no,how they can call it the best days of your life, I hated every minute of it.

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Ugh, no. I still have some close friends from school but have no interest in seeing people I'm not in touch with now...I don't have enough time to see actual friends enough as I'd like as it is.

Reactions: 1
I went to one when we were all 30. I'm still good friends with a girl I went to school with so we went together. It was good, we had a laugh. Some of the Teachers were there too. Sure there were some there that I hated while at school but I just ignored them and talked to others (and flirted with a few lads I had always fancied back at school!) but it was a one off and although they talked about having another one when we were 40, I wasn't interested in seeing any of them again.

I absolutely hate seeing people from school now. I was never a popular kid, amongst the boys or the girls. I had a group of really great friends and that was it. I have zero interest in catching up and making small talk with people from 10+ years ago. I genuinely have no interest or care in what they have been doing the past 10 years and I'd imagine they'd feel the same about me. I also feel like these reunions can be a bit of a bragging match. Not for me!

I would not go. I wasnā€™t bullied or anything, but these kids and I have grown up to be very different people, and I honestly donā€™t care for them.

Reactions: 3
We had one after 5 years. I have one friend from school I see a few times a year as she lives up north now, we were going to go and backed out at the last minute and went out together. I donā€™t think many people went. I was ostracised from my friends group in the last year or so, never understood why. They are all still friends and I had to unfollow/unfriend them recently for my own sanity. Itā€™s sad how people you havenā€™t seen in 12+ years can affect you. So no.

Reactions: 3
Absolutely not. Not even if you paid me. Other than the odd one Iā€™m still friends with Iā€™ve zero desire to speak to any of my classmates from school or sixth form or even university.

School friends pushed me away because ā€œI couldnā€™t be trustedā€ and I was ā€œstuck up and spoiltā€according to what I was told later on. One blamed me for rumours going around about them yet they spread stuff about me multiple times.
Reflecting as an adult I donā€™t think they were ever really proper friends.

A friend wouldnā€™t pick on you because you werenā€™t allowed out on a Friday to get pissed a in field when they know you had ballet classes and rehearsals from 8.30am or you werenā€™t sneaking out kissing boys or that you didnā€™t have the internet at home(it was super expensive at the time because of where I lived)

I eventually made friends with people who were more my type and had more in common with via MySpace. Iā€™m still close friends with some of these or people today.

Thinking about it, I left school in 1983, yes I'm that old, I have never been invited to a school reunion.
I don't even think there ever has been one at my former school.

I wouldn't goto one if I had ever been invited to one, too many bad memories.

Still in touch with three mates from school but would never go to a reunion. bleeping detested almost everyone.

Absolutely not. I loved school, really loved it. I had a few good friends, not a huge amount, but we had fun and I loved the academics.

But I no longer speak to anyone from school and canā€™t imagine anything (socially speaking) worse than having to sit with them all for a night!