Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

BigQueenEnergy

The photography on Zara is so dreadful, I end up closing my laptop out of frustration.

I just want to see the clothes! I don’t want to see the model contorting herself into random positions so I can’t even see what she’s wearing. So annoying!

Exhibit A:
6364F59F-600C-473B-AEB2-E5D6BB8AFB7A.jpeg

• Haha
  • Angry
Reactions: 20

Casperron

VIP Member
I used to buy a lot from Boohoo (things you'd wear once or twice for a night out and knits) but the mediocre quality has gone downhill to absolutely dire. Like I wouldn't want to stand within 5 feet of a naked flame.

H&M and New Look I like because their websites are easy to navigate and free delivery deals. Primark i will get a haul of basics in every so often.
I do like Zara but the website is a no-no so very rarely shop there (I prefer to shop online)

My 'secret weapons' are Amazon wardrobe for Vera Moda basics, Levis, sports and foot wear and everythingfivepounds.com
There's a lot of crap on there but lots of good stuff - mostly ex New look, Mango, H&M, Primark, Zara etc - For instance on their 'New arrivals' page today they are showing 'High rise skinny jeans' - They are H&M (you can actually see if you zoom the waist button but also, I have them)
Yes you pay delivery but it works out to about £1 and item and it goes up in weights so you can buy say, 13 items for the same delivery price as 8.
I can also return about 4-6 items for the small parcel Royal Mail about £3. If you go over the weight and it can be expensive so better to do 2 small parcels. My boyfriend thinks its too much hassle for a bargain, just pay full price but I don't mind when I buy some things I'm not sure I'll have the balls to wear or an outrageous NYE sequin dress.
I've spent years paying £40-50 for clothes and shoes I don't end up wearing so I'd rather pay £5 - It's not good environmentally to over consume maybe, but if I don't find myself wearing something, it goes to charity - rather than hanging on to it because 'I spent loads on that, I can't throw it out',
I personally think boohoo is awful worse than primark quality now, everything see through

Reactions: 12

Scorpihoe

VIP Member
My favourite is Zara, they do so many nice blouses and tops. But I HATE their sizing and sometimes it can get quite expensive. They’re great in the sale

I like PLT too, but would only buy something I wanted to wear for a night out/a few times. I wouldn’t buy something I wanted to last (like a winter coat)

ASOS is fab, but the variety overwhelms me 😂

Reactions: 6

bubbadabut

VIP Member
I love Zara in store but can't deal with their online site because none of the models make anything look nice!

H&M is my go-to for online clothes shopping. Used to get a few bits from La Redoute but seems to have got a lot more expensive. Used to use ASOS but seeing some of the stuff on there makes me feel so old nowadays :ROFLMAO:

Reactions: 5

Rocknrolla

I use ASOS mostly but love River Island - sometimes their nice stuff is few and far between and then all of a sudden I want to buy everything they have.

Ive got a few tops from Zara but their website gives me anxiety😂

Used to shop at New Look & H&M a lot when I was younger but it’s very rare I find something there now.

I do use Missguided/PLT occasionally but sometimes it is quite expensive what it is.

I often use local boutiques to me aswell that have Instagram pages

Couldn’t agreed about the Zara website more 🤯

Reactions: 5

Casperron

VIP Member
What are your favourite clothes sites? I usually shop at ASOS (mostly because I have premier delivery) missguided, PLT. I also like Tesco f&f clothing (which is available on next website if you didn’t know)

also does anyone shop at I SAW IT FIRST.. I reported them to ASA and they got back to me saying my complaint has been approved and they are contacting the retailer. Can’t wait to see the outcome on the website.

• Wow
Reactions: 4

Readread

VIP Member
ASOS, Zara, H&M, Massimo Dutti, Mango, Reiss. I do buy quite a bit from eBay.

I tend to avoid the likes of Missguided, PLT, Boohoo etc as I just don’t agree with their ethos and think they’re managed by total plums.

BigQueenEnergy

I like Bows Bouqitue for Inspiration, I’ve bought a few of the coats from DH gate Or AliExpress. For example the fur denim jacket which is usually 70 is 23 on dhgate. Which is the place they buy it from.
So many of these stores dropship from AliExpress. I know because I used to work one! All these popular Instagram clothing shops with 1mil followers just get their clothes from AliExpress, where you can buy the same thing for a quarter of the price.

You can even buy designer clothes at places like TaoBao for cheap with the tags still on them. They are the same thing and manufactured in the same Chinese factories. We pay way too much for clothes when these companies just get them made in China!

Last edited:

Sw4

VIP Member
I agree about the Zara website, I absolutely love Zara but can only shop in store because the website and app are so awful! The clothes look ridiculous on the models and it's really not user friendly. I end up giving up after a few minutes. Surely a few tweaks would massively increase sales online, they need to take a leaf out of Asos app which is so user friendly that I can spend hundreds far too easily 😅

• Heart
New Look
ASOS
River Island

I mostly buy clothes second hand from ebay (I just type in "River Island size 12" or something)

I used to really like Topshop but it seems to have gone downhill in quality, and up in prices.

Reactions: 3

HelloStereo

VIP Member
ASOS, Topshop, New Look and H&M mainly. I also sometimes go to COS when I have a bit of extra money. I can never seem to find anything good in Zara and some clothes in River Island look nice and then have some garish embellishment on it or a cut out somewhere inappropriate.

Pixipoppy

VIP Member
I mainly shop online PLT, Zara, river island would be my number 1s. Only high street shop would be primark for basics underwear etc. Use to love topshop but their sizings/fitting have been really off the last few times I’ve went in I’m usually a size 8/10 in jeans and couldn’t even get into a size 10 last time I went in. Managed to get a 12/14 on which fit over my hips and thighs but then they where massive everywhere else but then went across to river island and fit perfectly into an 8 so always go there for my jeans. I love Zara for tops and bodysuits but trousers and jeans I find are tiny. Use to love misguided but find their sizings have changed as well they always come up too big on me
Weirdly topshop is one of the only shops that’s always been consistent for jeans for me. I’ve been a W26L32 since I bought my first pair at 15, which can only mean they must have gotten bigger over the years as I’m definitely not the same size I was at 15 😂 Maybe I’m delusional and squeezing myself into jeans that are far too small for me!

cosmo girl

VIP Member
I shop in TK Maxx, Next online. I like Quiz, Lipsy and misguided clothes. Only shop Primark for socks/underwear and tights. I do buy work clothing in Primark. The work clothing washes really well and is good value for money. TK Maxx sell a lot of Zara clothing in their mod box section. You do need to know when to shop in TK Maxx. Shop early in the day after deliveries. So store isn't too busy or trashed.

Loulou_23

VIP Member
Love H&M, zara and primark. Get odd bits from new look or the supermarkets too.

Online I do like miss guided I think the quality is better than PLT, although I do have odd bits from PLT too. I love looking on ASOS but usually get lost down a rabbit hole it’s very overwhelming.

Pinkblush

VIP Member
Tk maxx, h&m, asos, mango and uniqlo.
Zara used to be great but its gone down hill the last few years plus you see everyone on the street wearing the same items ftom there. The year before last everyone other woman I passed on the street was wearing that shapeless polka dot dress they did.

Curly Top

VIP Member
The photography on Zara is so dreadful, I end up closing my laptop out of frustration.

I just want to see the clothes! I don’t want to see the model contorting herself into random positions so I can’t even see what she’s wearing. So annoying!

Exhibit A:
View attachment 270351
I totally agree. What kind of soppy pose is this? Yes it's a nice sofa and balcony with impressive backdrop but you can't see the jeans.

Titntat

VIP Member
Sorry to bump this thread. Im so crap and putting outfits together. Do

es anyone know any decent ig accounts. Like affordable, tagged outifts. Im in desperate need of a new wardrobe. Mines been neglected for the past two years due to pregnancy then lockdown. Im in my late 20s, love comfy fashion and trainers 😬❤

Octopies

Chatty Member
Big ASOS fan as think premier delivery is worth its weight in gold considering there’s no minimum spend for next day delivery (and they sell cosmetics... run out of foundation?.. next day delivery!) My SIL and i ‘share’ an ASOS account, don’t think it’s allowed technically but it means we go halves on the premier delivery cost every year - tight I know - and both use it freely all year round. Definitely get our moneys worth!

Also ‘joined’ H&Ms website as I am a member which is free but means I can get points, member deals and free delivery. Worth it and I quite like their stuff.

Fallen out with BooHoo after one too many things being horrible material or looking nothing like the picture.

I’m a bit limited as wear a size 18-20 so feel a bit left out of some shops but I’ve had some fab stuff from Zara - that always surprises people given my clothes size (they’re notorious for only putting out S and M sizes in store!). The trick is to go into store, find something you like and search it on their website when you get home... Sometimes they go up to XXL depending on the range. I even got a Zara coat to fit me when I was a size 22 so it can be done!

As a curveball I really like Joanie clothing... very unique. It’s expensive but they do good sales. I remember one Black Friday everything was 50% off.

Casperron

VIP Member
I think Zara is better in store, I can never find anything decent online. And I rarely do in store shopping

ASOS, Topshop, New Look and H&M mainly. I also sometimes go to COS when I have a bit of extra money. I can never seem to find anything good in Zara and some clothes in River Island look nice and then have some garish embellishment on it or a cut out somewhere inappropriate.
Most of my bags are from River Island, I do like the stuff but most of it is designer replica or way too expensive. Love their shoes

I hate all these copy cat boutiques that all sell the exact same stuff ie rebellious fashion, miss pap, I saw it first, missyempire

wish H&M did petite

under the ivy

VIP Member
Primark, New Look & H&M mainly on the high street. I love ASOS (having the app on my phone is bad for bank balance!) I look at Topshop and Zara websites in the sale.