Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

pinkmug

VIP Member
Fear is engraved in me and I hate it. Avoiding certain hours of the day, avoiding certain locations if I'm alone, avoiding drinking alone in case my drink gets spiked, avoiding the park at night, avoiding conversing with random strangers because who knows it will be taken as an excuse to push boundaries, avoiding this, avoiding that, constant vigilance. It's like playing Operation with my life, worst part is if a man is determined to hurt me, none of my "sensible" life choices will matter. I know not every woman lives like this but I can't help it, even if I take a chance it's always in the back of my head. I wish I had the peace of mind of a man casually deciding to take a walk after midnight with headphones on.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 16

watermelon sugar

VIP Member
my womanhood rant is i hate how i get pains when i ovulate, then after ovulation im moody, bloated and spotty leading up to my period, then on my period i’m still spotty, angry and emotional. So i just have a week of good skin and a bit of happiness 😭

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 14

shadowcat5

VIP Member
so I'm on my period - could end the rant there really - and I took my break earlier which I hate doing because it means longer in work after my break AND I am hungry on the way/when I first get home. I took it because I was starving (you know, that period hunger that feels like your stomach is about to burst out of your body it's rumbling so much) and it's a pain in the arse.

Then all the men in my office were talking about their football clubs as thursday seems to be match day in my area? and I was thinking about how traditionally male hobbies continue into adulthood but traditionally female stop when they reach 18. I can't find an adult ballet/jazz/gymnastic class anywhere but there are countless male football teams.

So I thought that I cannot be the only one who feels like they need to rant about things that only women really experience.

(not intended as a thread to bash men. Just a rant about womanhood things)

• Heart
Reactions: 12

LittleMy

VIP Member
Being told to smile by random grown-arsed men in public places because I have natural RBF.
Fuck off.

Reactions: 11

DanaScully

Chatty Member
My rant would definitely be Endometriosis related! It takes women eight years on average to be diagnosed because we're told that excruciating and disabling pain is normal and "Just part of being a woman!".

• Heart
  • Sad

nicalibres

VIP Member
Does anyone else feel literally insane for about a day just before their period? I feel so irritable like someone will breathe in my direction and I want to go feral lol then I start to feel overwhelmingly sad and convince myself everyone hates me. Next day my period comes and it all makes sense but I’m never able to recognise it at the time cos it’s so all consuming 😥

• Heart

!noseyparker!

I hesitated putting this in another thread I am in, and I want to be clear I don't judge any woman for her choices regarding this/ I don't think I'm better than someone who doesn't, but since I stopped shaving my body have felt SO MUCH BETTER.

I haven't shaved anywhere below my neck in nearly six years (stopped in my mid-twenties/ now in my early thirties) and it's so nice not thinking about it. I save so much time, money, I like how my body looks, I feel sexier and more comfortable existing with body hair than I ever did as a stressed out teenager/ student shaving and hating it.

Shortly after I stopped, I moved to a beach town and was worried I'd get more anxious there, but I went to the beach in a bikini with hairy armpits and legs and no one cared, or if they did, they did not mention it to me at all. The fear of someone saying something was higher than the actual risk, in my situation/ geographical location at any rate.

At work, when I worked in person, I wore just below knee-length skirts/ dresses sometimes and no one ever mentioned it (including when working as a receptionist in private healthcare in the UK)/ In my current, admittedly pretty liberal, industry I have attended national conferences with leg hair and it was fine! If I look at my twenties, it's without doubt the best decision I made about my body and I get that it's not possible for many women depending on their work/ industries/ friendship groups/ families/ partners and in some circumstances you might get a lot more pushback than I did/ it might be genuinely unsafe. But not shaving is, in some circumstances, definitely an option.

I'm going to get off my soap box about this but I hope this doesn't come across as judgemental - I just felt so sure age 14-24ish that the world would end if I had a body hair out of place/ that people would hate me/ shun me/ shout at me in the street and that's...never happened (it probably would have as a teenager but not as an adult).

Reactions: 9

ElChanguito

VIP Member
I mentioned in passing to a good friend of my dad that I wanted to learn to drive one day. Then, after my dad died, this man turned up and gave me a cheque for £500! To learn to drive with. It's so good of him but I don't actually know him. When I said I want to do automatic lessons he goes, "NO! Don't do automatic whatever you do!! You must do manual. Do you have coordination problems or something?" I ended up agreeing not to do automatic just to be civil but that is still absolutely my intention because I think it will be so much easier for me. He phoned me up the other day continuing to pressure me to do the lessons (I haven't managed it yet as we are having major problems with our house). He sounded very put out when I said I hadn't and then kept saying he couldn't afford to put any heating on and was still working etc. Should I just send him his money back now or what? The whole situation is making me feel uncomfortable in the sense of him being a strange man I don't actually know and the way he shouted me down. It just feels really icky. I can afford the lessons by myself and didn;t want his involvement in any of this.

• Sad
  • Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 8

ToxicPony

Chatty Member
Oh my god, yesterday I was in the most foul mood. I hated everyone and everything and was angry with things for existing. I was imagining arguments in my head and getting furious at stuff people had only said in my imagination. I hope my periods on the way and I'm not just a sociopath.

Reactions: 7

freaknasty

Chatty Member
Other women taking the piss out of people for having pubic hair and not being bald down there. We all have it!

Edited to add I mean women taking the piss out of other women

Last edited:

Rippedjeanmaybe

VIP Member
One thing I hate about being a woman is how we can get more harassment than most men.

I’ve lost count of how many times I’ve had things shouted at me, young men stop me outside shops to wind me up, teenage lads hounding me in shops etc

I just always feel like I can’t go anywhere for fear of being harassed. My husband has never experienced anything like this. I have awful anxiety now if I need to go to the shop alone.

• Sad

chocolatepanda6

What pisses me off is the amount of friends I have who still quote their other half’s opinions on things like because he is a man he is the oracle . Also the fact I mostly wfh and everyone in my family acts like my other half is so hard done by because he’s in a manual jog where he starts early he COULD apply for any other job ?
i also feel the rage start pretty much as soon as I’m about 17 days into my cycle and hate everyone and everything my hair is full of grey roots my skins spotty and gross the Botox I shelled out for is utter shit and I have major house repairs getting done tomorrow . Just want to lie in my bed and read tattle and look at vinted and Shein home and get peace .

Reactions: 6

malibu skies

VIP Member
my womanhood rant is i hate how i get pains when i ovulate, then after ovulation im moody, bloated and spotty leading up to my period, then on my period i’m still spotty, angry and emotional. So i just have a week of good skin and a bit of happiness 😭
THIS!! I legit only have about 2 good days a month, the rest of the time I am a slave to my hormones.

• Heart
Reactions: 5

Saddlesoap

VIP Member
Being told to smile by random grown-arsed men in public places because I have natural RBF.
Fuck off.
I was going to write this!

i can relate to this (i think all women can tbh). I struggle to walk in cycle track behind me house cause the fear is too much. It’s not really a relaxing walk when I’m constantly turning around to see who’s behind me, seeing someone in the distance and getting the fear
I recently had a conversation with my brother in law would couldn't understand why I couldn't go for a run on the cycle path before work. In the dark. My mum, sister and I were looking at him like he had two heads, he didn't get it at all..

Last edited:
Reactions: 5

watermelon sugar

VIP Member
I mentioned in passing to a good friend of my dad that I wanted to learn to drive one day. Then, after my dad died, this man turned up and gave me a cheque for £500! To learn to drive with. It's so good of him but I don't actually know him. When I said I want to do automatic lessons he goes, "NO! Don't do automatic whatever you do!! You must do manual. Do you have coordination problems or something?" I ended up agreeing not to do automatic just to be civil but that is still absolutely my intention because I think it will be so much easier for me. He phoned me up the other day continuing to pressure me to do the lessons (I haven't managed it yet as we are having major problems with our house). He sounded very put out when I said I hadn't and then kept saying he couldn't afford to put any heating on and was still working etc. Should I just send him his money back now or what? The whole situation is making me feel uncomfortable in the sense of him being a strange man I don't actually know and the way he shouted me down. It just feels really icky. I can afford the lessons by myself and didn;t want his involvement in any of this.
I’d honestly give him the money back but that’s me. He shouldn’t give you money then guilt trip you into feeling bad for him by saying he can’t afford to put his heating on. what a strange man! Hope you are ok that’s not a nice situation to be in x

Reactions: 4