Wolf - BBC

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I was hoping there was a thread for this. I read really good reviews this morning, we are going to watch it very soon.

Reactions: 1
Didn't watch it as I read the book, which is part of an extremely violent and gory series by Mo Hayder. Interesting to see what others thought though.

Reactions: 3
Binged three episodes last night, despite the shocking rating on IMDB 🀣 I like it, gives me Funny Games vibes, and the two guys bickering is darkly hilarious!

Reactions: 6
We watched 3 episodes last night. The first one was quite tense. I literally let out a little squeal at one point watching the second. Everything was much calmer by the third episode. One bit in particular made me laugh because it was brilliantly absurd πŸ˜‚
I like it and the 2 guys are brilliant together. Great casting.

I'm currently on episode 3 and I'm so confused but want to watch more... its weirdly addictive.

Reactions: 5
I'm around halfway through episode 4 and had a literal WTF moment. I think it's great. Dark and funny.

Waiting for it to roll out on tv.

Programmes that are ( bonkers) really good, I prefer to wait to watch.

I binged watched it, I won't spoil it for anyone but i really enjoyed it. Think they have made the way for a season 2 too.

Reactions: 8
I am enjoying it. I had no preconceptions as I selected it on I-player randomly.
It has been a great surprise - very strange and weird - but watchable all the same. Juliet Stevenson is always interesting to watch. Some great expressions. The two guys together are a peculiar mix but compelling all the same.
I've only watched three episodes but I'm watching them slowly to get the full enjoyment :cool:

Reactions: 6
I've just finished episode 2...the jury is still out but I'll watch another πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

The dance at the end of episode 2 was something else πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

Im really confused by the timeline. Episode 1 all seems to happen in 1 day.

Reactions: 2
Have watched 3 episodes, pretty good so far.
The hostage/home invasion is a bit tedious though & obviously the duo are not as clever as they think they are.
I think that there's 1 or 2 red herrings swimming around the plot too.

5 episodes in, strangely addictive series, I will say though that I think Ep 5 was just a bit ludicrous at times.

I was googling Mo Hayder, who's book Wolf, the series is based on, she sadly died 2 years ago from Motor Neuron Disease aged 59.
Before becoming an author she was Candy Davis glamour model, appeared on TV in Minder & Are You Being Served?, became an English teacher in Tokyo, was in ABC's 'Poison Arrow' pop video, and was also married to actor Gary Olsen at one time.
Quite a life.

I absolutely loved all the Mo Hayder books. They are really dark and very harrowing in places. I haven't watched the show yet but from what I've read here I think I will now.

Got to the end of episode 4.

Bones
Think it may be a girl.

Reactions: 1