Wicked The Movie Part 1 (2024) & Part 2 (2025)

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:

Not inspired by the trailer. Looks like AI is doing a lot of heavy lifting. Although it's probably more visual effects artists not given the time or budget to get good results for too many scenes.

The original wizard of Oz is 80 years old and still looks good. This looks kinda dated and marginally passable today, I bet it will age dreadfully.

So depressing how they spend so much money on movies these days just to turn out something that just about does the job, rather than make a timeless classic.

Reactions: 5
I love Wicked, but I’m also not feeling this from the trailer. It looks cheap. Ariana sticks out to me too. Every time I saw her I was thinking ‘oh that’s Ariana grande’.

Reactions: 6
Ariana’s casting has felt wrong from the beginning for me and no matter how much the director and her cast big her up, I’m still not convinced. Glinda is a bubbly character and I see none of that in her performance - and the shade of blonde they chose is awful. Also I love Cynthia but that riff in the trailer didn’t sound good 😬

However, I am in love with the casting of Jonathan Bailey as Fiyero so I absolutely will watch both (unnecessary) parts for him alone and I look forward to having his version of Dancing Through Life on repeat when the soundtrack is released.

Reactions: 13
I think the trailer looks good, I agree Ariana sticks out for being Ariana. I’ve also never thought much of her acting abilities. They all look way too old to be college students, that threw me 😂 That’s the case in the show though too, Idina and Kristen also looked much older than they were. It just didn’t register so much.

Reactions: 3
I’m really excited to see this having wanted a movie adaptation since seeing the musical in 2007 and then reading the book but I just cannot get on board with the two leads. Ariana doesn’t look like she’s playing a character, I just see her. The hair and makeup they’ve given her look awful and she just looks ill! Cynthia looks way too old to play a university student and every time I see her it makes me disbelieve it all. The war cry at the end of Defying Gravity has me very worried that the whole thing will turn into an Ariana/Mariah style warble fest and I hate that style of singing. Just pick a note and stick to it!

I am however excited to see Jeff Goldblum as I love him, his voice is just so smooth! And Dorothy’s shoes are incredible - I want them.

Reactions: 7
Why are they doing that weird thing in the trailer where they try and hide the fact it's a musical?

Reactions: 6
I am really looking forward to it and thought the trailer looked amazing. Am I excited that Ariana is playing Glinda? Hell no. Wrong casting.

Reactions: 2
Ariana’s casting has felt wrong from the beginning for me and no matter how much the director and her cast big her up, I’m still not convinced. Glinda is a bubbly character and I see none of that in her performance - and the shade of blonde they chose is awful. Also I love Cynthia but that riff in the trailer didn’t sound good 😬
Have to totally agree with you on both comments. Wicked became my go to musical after my absolute favourite left the West End (Miss Saigon). Cynthia’s Defying Gravity is no where near as good as “Air Fryer’s” from UK Masked Singer!!

Edit to add : can’t believe this isn’t out until Thanksgiving. And there are two parts!!!

Why are they doing that weird thing in the trailer where they try and hide the fact it's a musical?
And trying to hide that it's in two parts.

I heard someone say it looks like an M&Ms advert and can't stop seeing it :LOL:. There's that shiny plastic look of everything. Looks flat and lifeless. Rip cinema.

Reactions: 5
The hair and makeup they’ve given her look awful and she just looks ill!
It seems Ariana is actually ill, I am sorry I hate being this internet person speculating about somebody's health but this is Tattle and for the sake of common sense, Ariana looks like she's in trouble and no amount of CGI, make up or expensive costumes is going to hide so.

Reactions: 4
It seems Ariana is actually ill, I am sorry I hate being this internet person speculating about somebody's health but this is Tattle and for the sake of common sense, Ariana looks like she's in trouble and no amount of CGI, make up or expensive costumes is going to hide so.
I’ve thought this for a while. She disappeared for a while and reappeared looking so poorly. But the makeup and hair colour don’t help at all.

Reactions: 1