Why makes you feel healthy?

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Just wondered if anyone has any tips on little things that you do to help you feel healthier?

Not big lifestyle changes, but just one small thing that you do, or have stopped going, to help improve your physical health or your mental/emotional health.

Just wondered if anyone has any tips on little things that you do to help you feel healthier?

Not big lifestyle changes, but just one small thing that you do, or have stopped going, to help improve your physical health or your mental/emotional health.
Drinking 2l of water a day. I do it in phases and it’s so simple, it’s literally drinking water but I feel full so I don’t snack and my skin is so much better that I can get away with no concealer at all. I bought a 2l water bottle and just have it on my desk next to a glass and sip on it throughout the day. I would definitely recommend it as it’s not much of a lifestyle change, just a small alteration.

Reactions: 7
Getting out in the fresh air

Going for a walk

Drinking water

(and for me, a bit of chocolate)

Reactions: 3
Drinking water - I really need to get a 2L bottle as I drink more out of a bottle.

Exercise - even if it’s a 10 min power walk around the block

Importantly for me is having boundaries with social media/my phone for my mental health. I’ve been really bad at it because of lockdown boredom but I feel so much healthier mentally when I take phone breaks.

Reactions: 6
Drinking plenty of water, as opposed to coffee/tea (some days I'm better at it than others 😂)
Getting out for a walk every day in the woods
Taking 10 mins every morning to journal and write down how I'm feeling and things I'm grateful for (definitely helped during covid)
Double cleansing and putting on my skincare at night.

Reactions: 4
Exercise for me definitely. Taking good care of my skin. Getting decent, uninterrupted sleep.

Reactions: 7
Exercising - for me it's running, but I used to love a good gym class.
Drinking water instead of pepsi max.
A bowl of porridge with seeds and bananas instead of rice crispies.
Eating a large bowl of fruit instead of another bag of buttons.

The little things :LOL:

Make vegetable casserole & have a big bowl daily (5p/w).
High intensity exercise.
Early morning walks.
Oats for brekkie.
Quality sleep.

Green smoothie every morning

One banana
Handful of frozen mango
3 handfuls of spinach
Mix with water

It makes a big difference to me. I suffer with depression/anxiety and improving my diet has really helped along with taking long walks alone with a podcast 3-5 times a week

Oh and sleeping with ear plugs in for a more restful sleep!!

Reactions: 5
Keeping an evening routine (phone off, take meds, shower, skin care, brush teeth, read or journal, breathing exercises) and sticking to a sleep schedule helps with both my mental and physical so much.

The sea air always makes me feel good.

Having a dental checkup and a scale and polish . I'm a believer that someone's
health is reflected in their mouth.

Reactions: 1
🌳 Going for walks and being surrounded by nature.
🏋🏻‍♀️ Working out and doing some form of exercise.
🥗 Eating a balanced diet.
💧 Drinking lots of water.
🎶 Listening to music and singing to my heart’s content.
📚 Reading books or academic articles.
💅🏻 Having a self-care or pamper day.
🗣 Talking to close family and friends.
🌞 Being out in the sun lifts my mood and makes me feel happy.
💤 Trying to get quality sleep.

• Heart
Reactions: 11
Taking my vitamins daily if I remember 💊
Porridge or a smoothie for breakfast 🍓
Getting washed and dressed and not just putting new Pjs on!
Getting out the house for some fresh air
Reading books and listening to podcasts rather than sitting on my phone

Reactions: 1
Drinking hot water and lemon instead of coffee.
Porridge for breakfast with chopped apple and blueberries.
Going for a daily walk and taking in nature.
Skincare each evening including using my facial roller, my face feels plumper and healthier for it the next morning.

Reactions: 2
Drinking hot water and lemon instead of coffee.
Porridge for breakfast with chopped apple and blueberries.
Going for a daily walk and taking in nature.
Skincare each evening including using my facial roller, my face feels plumper and healthier for it the next morning.
What facial roller do you recommend?

I bought one of those breville blenders and some protein powder so every morning i add some water, and ice cube, a small handful of frozen raspberries or strawberries and a scoop of protein powder. Blend for 40-60seconds and take it to work with me. It halts my hunger until mid afternoon.
Drink lots of green tea, diluted juice or sparkling water especially whilst in work - need to try cut out the pepsi max in the evenings. Doesnt help tesco have an offer on of 24 cans for £7 with clubcard :ROFLMAO:
Keep track on fitness pal or nutricheck of what I have ate and try to stay within my calories - when I can remember.
Skincare routine every night before bed, cleanse, tone and moisturise then some night time cream.
Read before bed instead of mindlessly scrolling through my twitter/facebook - It really does help.

Deactivated my Facebook to help my mental health
A long bath with a nice bath bomb
Cooking a nice meal
Skincare and jade roller 👌🏻
Fresh air and a long walk

Reactions: 6
I cut out meat last year - not completely maybe have it every few months like if I’m getting an Indian takeaway or something. But i feel so much better, I feel it naturally makes me eat healthier as I’m using more veg in my meals! Also drink loads of water and go 2 walks a day, one of my lunch hour and one after dinner!

-Less screen time. My eyes and head feel so much better.

-Daily fresh air, whatever the weather. No matter how much crap I've eaten, how hungover I'm feeling or if I'm feeling unwell, I ensure I get out of the house everyday, even if it's just for ten minutes. Makes me feel sooo much better.