Who wants to go to the office? #2 No-one

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Not about wfh as such but my workplace are almost certainly about to implement a 4 day week at the same pay, keep everything crossed for me!

• Heart
Reactions: 14
People who refused to turn up 3 days a week got their bonuses docked last year....!
We have to attend two days per week. I picked Friday as one of my days..nobody else did. Took me a few weeks of sitting alone to realise nobody knows if I went in or not.

• Haha
Reactions: 9
We have to attend two days per week. I picked Friday as one of my days..nobody else did. Took me a few weeks of sitting alone to realise nobody knows if I went in or not.

Ha ha - we have to go in 3 days a week but we had some choice about the days. Initially Friday was one of my office days but like you, barely anyone was in. It was almost excrutiatingly quiet, except for guy on the bank of desks over from me who would munch food/ rustle packaging etc all day, him getting up to make a coffee every half hour and snacking loudly, drumming fingers on desk when “thinking” etc, humming whilst listening to whatever on his earphones, etc. He’s a nice guy but it’s much better when there’s more of of us making sound so it’s not JUST him fidgeting and snacking all day. So yes, I swapped Friday to be a home day.

• Haha
Reactions: 4
I’m so glad our team are all WFH. It started during Covid and since then we’ve been recruiting people from all over the country. We couldn’t go back to the office even if we wanted to now without losing half the department.

And I’ve never been busier so when I read bullshit articles about lazy workers at home, it gets my back up. Especially coming from politicians who’ve never done a proper day’s work in their life.

Reactions: 15
I’m so glad our team are all WFH. It started during Covid and since then we’ve been recruiting people from all over the country. We couldn’t go back to the office even if we wanted to now without losing half the department.

And I’ve never been busier so when I read bullshit articles about lazy workers at home, it gets my back up. Especially coming from politicians who’ve never done a proper day’s work in their life.
Not a politician but did you see Martha Stewart’s comments

Martha Stewart slams US businesses for allowing staff to work from home and warns America will 'go down the drain'

Stewart, 81, shared her candid thoughts on remote work in an interview with Footwear News, published Monday, arguing that people cannot 'possibly get everything done working three days a week in the office and two days remotely'

Not a politician but did you see Martha Stewart’s comments

Martha Stewart slams US businesses for allowing staff to work from home and warns America will 'go down the drain'

Stewart, 81, shared her candid thoughts on remote work in an interview with Footwear News, published Monday, arguing that people cannot 'possibly get everything done working three days a week in the office and two days remotely'
I get way more done at home. In the office I just gab to my colleagues!!

Reactions: 8
... people cannot 'possibly get everything done working three days a week in the office and two days remotely'
Well she's right in that I need all 5 of my work days at home to get all my work done. Let's assume she's another one with a financial interest in office buildings or shops near them

Reactions: 5
We are still doing 3 days in. I am still more productive in my 2 days at home. My husband pn the other hand is the opposite and craves the social aspect of it. Its almost like people are different and react to situations differently 🤔

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 13
OK OK I'll go in 😂

Ohhh right I get it. That's because people need to have the duty of going to the office, otherwise they will never leave the house to go for a walk or get a setup at home that won't mess up their back? As if they're kids that need to be told how to live?

Reactions: 8
I am disgusted by some of the scaremongering, emotionally manipulative headlines that get printed in an effort to try to push people back into offices. In the last couple of days alone I've seen "the hiring market now favours employers and they'll lay off workers that don't go to the office" and "remote working is a plot to get women back into the home and keep them away from public life"

• Wow
Reactions: 11
OK OK I'll go in 😂

Yeah, as if I don't do the exact same amount of staring at a screen WFH or in the office :cautious:

My place have really gone all in on the WFH culture. It's allowed them to recruit from all over the country. In my experience, the dossers who do sweet FA all day at home also did the same in the office, so I see no difference. We're now expected to be 'virtual first' unless there's a genuine need to be in the office. The only people from my company who i've heard complain are the old farts who think that the old way is the only way, and that young people will suddenly not be able to talk to people because of emails?!

In my experience, the dossers who do sweet FA all day at home also did the same in the office, so I see no difference.
Omg this ^ and the managers start to think they are billy big bollocks who's going to stick it to them. Then the reality hits and its just 1 really passive agressive line in their appraisal 🙄

The scaremongering is laughable at this stage though... that mock up of a wfh person... hilarious. Who's seeing that and running out for the bus to the office? It was like when they said pret will go under if we dont go back and I'm like duck pret!

Reactions: 9
Since WFH started, my fitness has improved significantly as I now have time to walk and exercise more and eat better food. Because I'm not bloody spending 2h a day commuting 🙄

• Heart
Reactions: 11
New joiner in my team “loves the office”, so while the rest of us are doing the most with the post covid flexibility and coming in on mandatory days only he is now sat in there 5 days wondering which days we are all coming in? Already had enough of him asking about my movements so I told him in a “jokey” way to come in 7 days if he enjoys it so much. Sweeping generalisation I know but the demographic is almost always the same: married in suburbs boomer with teenage kids who just wants a day out and to play dress up. Our office has the atmosphere of a morgue so I dread to think what home life must be like

• Haha
New joiner in my team “loves the office”, so while the rest of us are doing the most with the post covid flexibility and coming in on mandatory days only he is now sat in there 5 days wondering which days we are all coming in? Already had enough of him asking about my movements so I told him in a “jokey” way to come in 7 days if he enjoys it so much. Sweeping generalisation I know but the demographic is almost always the same: married in suburbs boomer with teenage kids who just wants a day out and to play dress up. Our office has the atmosphere of a morgue so I dread to think what home life must be like
Haha at my work the demographic is not as clear cut, it's more of 'people who can't be arsed doing work so they pretend moaning to others about work is work'. If that can be considered a demographic 😅

• Haha
Reactions: 2
We work a hybrid system. One week in the office and one week at home. It's a call centre. I use the same laptop in the office as we so at home. We aren't able to spend time chatting unless it's the person near you and we're answering the phones all day. Call centres are tit btw.

• Sad
Reactions: 4
I'm so glad I found this thread. I much prefer working at home. I don't suffer from isolation at all. On the contrary, I'm far more productive in all aspects of my life. No commute = extra time in bed or a morning walk. I can catch up on light housework during quiet periods. No pointless chit chat. Better lunch options and I eat healthier for dinner as I can put something on during the day as I've no commute. The kids get picked up earlier and my mood is overall better when I'm not rushing around like an ant.

• Heart
Reactions: 14