Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Cyprus99

Ocado isn’t free unless you are in a free trial period. They are going to be switching from supplying Waitrose products over to M&S products late next year.
I never pay for an Ocardo delivery, 9.30 -10.30 on a Friday night is my free delivery time. Dreading them changing to M & S 😢

Reactions: 1

anything at all

VIP Member
There’s only a tesco and lidl close enough for me to shop at and we’ve always used tesco. The clubcard points add up and are helpful to us.

Like others I would find it hard to do a full shop at lidl so would end up going to tesco anyway and probably spending just as much as I would’ve if I had just done my full shop at there in the first place.

eSsExBiRd

VIP Member
Ocado isn’t free unless you are in a free trial period. They are going to be switching from supplying Waitrose products over to M&S products late next year.
I did one year free and now we’re using my OH’s one year free. Between us we have 6 email address so another 4 years of free 7 days a week shopping 👍🏻 That’s is they continue when we come the M&S offering. Been using for 18 months and never paid For delivery

Mustard

VIP Member
Waitrose does free delivery as long as you spend at least £60.

Iceland also does free delivery if you spend over a £35. I buy some things from there, inc. butter, cheese, hummus, frozen pizzas, inc. vegan ones and they have a good Gino d’Acampo range. You can read reviews of all their products online.

Last edited:

IrishGryffindor

The ACTUAL stress of trying to work out if you keep your place in the first queue (and eat your second queue snack) or chance your arm and try and join the new queue with Brenda and the twins beating each other with the tiger bread 😨

all whilst the fancy new “blue tick verified” mince pies silently judge you.

queue skippers have a special section in hell that looks like the Lidl queue.
Jaysus this is my aunt Brenda and her twin boys 😭😭😭😭😭😂😂😂😂😂😂

Mustard

VIP Member
Ocado online here. Not a snob. They have much better dates on things, less alternatives and Tesco and asda ( Tesco were the worst) were regularly sending food where I’d have to eat half the shopping that night so it didn’t go off.

I don’t find it much more expensive to be honest if you buy the branded things and they often do meal deals like chicken, noodles, sauce and veg for a stir fry for £6 for example.
I use them sporadically, not every week. The sent me some Cathedral City cheddar as a substitute for another cheese I ordered and it was much better than I expected. I like the frozen vegetables they have, like mixed peas and beans, spinach and the soffritto which I use as a base for soups and sauces.

erin182

VIP Member
I think their chocolate is fantastic, and excellent value.

No, because it’s possessive, as in I’m going to Aldi’s store/shop/premises. It’s more irritating when people drop the to, as in going Aldi.
No I mean when they say ‘I’m shopping in Lidl’s.’

erin182

VIP Member
Aldi and Lidl definitely! I’d say they’re the best for meat, fruit & veg and cupboard bits. I’m a bit of a snob tho because I don’t like any of their own branded crisps, chocolate etc so will go to Asda for things like that 😂

eSsExBiRd

VIP Member
Interesting. What about the fact that it is the same address? I did notice that they are only now offering 3 months for free now. I give out my landline number but I do have different email addresses. I managed to get a second year free due to a problem I encountered a year ago. It’s up in February.
No issue with the address, we’ll have to see what the offer in 6 months, even if they cotton on we’ve had 2 great years! Hopefully with the introduction of M&S next September they’re be more new offers to entice and keep customers.

Casperron

VIP Member
I have to order online so I get all mine from Morrison’s. Tried all the other supermarkets. Asda had horrific customer service every time. Tesco food is bland.

Princesspinky

I do like Aldi but as others have said , it can be a false economy as very often you have to go elsewhere for other bits and pieces , I get p***ed off with it and think sod this I'll just go to Asda !
I agree with other posters about Aldi prices going up , thier wines uses to be brilliantly priced but now they're going up. I can go to m&s and buy cheaper bottles of wine than in Aldi 😱 , I love M&S but I'm not that rich so 😐🙈
Aldi meat is reasonably priced I will give them that .
I've never liked Lidl , I don't know why.
Asda are not too bad I think they're the cheaper out of Tesco /Sainsbury's/Morrisons , I love Morrisons (not the cheapest) but thier home delivery service is absolutely rubbish. I have had out of date meat (days out of date) so many times I won't do an online order with them again , yes you can get a refund but it's a pain in the neck having to ring them , explain etc etc , and the last time the guy on the phone laughed at the fact I'd been sent out date sausages 😂 yeah hilarious !
I find online food shopping so much easier to stick to my budget

Last edited:

Mustard

VIP Member
Ocado isn’t much more expensive, in fact if you plan your meals and what you need I end up saving money using them and it’s also free delivery too! I don’t like aldi or Lidl meats but have been there for veg and tinned items... I don’t find them that much cheaper tbh and tescos has gone down In my estimations.

We buy meat from M&S and also do yellow label shops every Thursday at our local after work for a coupla bargs 😜

Mustard

VIP Member
I did one year free and now we’re using my OH’s one year free. Between us we have 6 email address so another 4 years of free 7 days a week shopping 👍🏻 That’s is they continue when we come the M&S offering. Been using for 18 months and never paid For delivery
Interesting. What about the fact that it is the same address? I did notice that they are only now offering 3 months for free now. I give out my landline number but I do have different email addresses. I managed to get a second year free due to a problem I encountered a year ago. It’s up in February.

eSsExBiRd

VIP Member
I never pay for an Ocardo delivery, 9.30 -10.30 on a Friday night is my free delivery time. Dreading them changing to M & S 😢
Me too. I never feel like I can a full shop in there and they never offers like others. I was disappointed when the £10 meal deal rose to £12😡

WatchingandJudging

We’ve done the same 😉

Scvee13

I've shopped in Aldi and Lidl for a few years now, I still find it cheaper than Asda etc but have noticed prices going up. Lidl is definitely more expensive for my weekly shop than Aldi. I like the Aldi cleaning range and all the products I buy from them are crultey free which I prefer. If you're on Facebook join the UK aldi shoppers group

Sooverthat

Chatty Member
Tesco has always worked out cheapest for me, and the fruit and veg lasts much longer.
I’ve only shopped in Aldi about 3 times and each time the meat stunk to high heaven 🤢 I won’t step foot in one now.
I've had the same- it was slightly cheaper BUT the veg was rotting the strawberries were growing fur and the meat stank.... totally off putting and spent more money replacing it all!

We shop Tesco mainly- husband picks bits up from Asda especially reduced bakery and we freeze it (bread, rolls, wraps, pancakes, malt loaf etc)

We are a family of 6 and weekly spend on food alone (breakfast/lunch/Dinners) approx £70-80 per week going into £100 when we top up sundries- toilet rolls/cleaning products/washing powders etc)

We meal plan, make/bake snacks for lunchboxes etc. Utilise our freezer with batch cooking, freezing fruit, chucking ends in a soup etc.... We don't shop branded anything unless it's a good offer of at least half price. We don't buy unnecessary things like squash, chocolate, more than one cleaning product etc. It's taken us a year but we are much more in control of our spending now. And become really good a meal planning and using everything we have!

But that would still mean Lidl’s premise /store, but I do understand what you mean, but it’s one thing that doesn’t really bother me although plenty does! I would never say Waitrose’s though....

Yes, agree.

I always look at the reduced items in Waitrose whenever I’m near one. Got a nice selection on Monday. I buy stuff I can stash in the freezer. Same with Marks and Spencer.
I love treating myself to Waitrose reduced! We filled our freezer once on some really great cuts of meat and a whole lamb joint for £40 on a reduced Monday!