Where to shop in your mid-thirties

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Ebay. Thousands of brands, selling at 'Buy new with tags' condition, 30 day returns. No different from online shopping anywhere else and you're not limited by the prevailing fashion. Takes a bit more work, I suppose.

A bit pricey but for basics I love Hanro. The quality is superb.

Reactions: 3
Oh thank god I found this thread - I thought I was having a mid thirties crisis with clothes.

I closed my asos account and deleted the app this week - big step for me! I can’t wear cropped neon yellow wetsuit tops, thanks though 🙄

mango, next, joules, Barbour, John Lewis are my go-to shops now. Most have eBay outlet shops.

• Heart
Reactions: 7
Any recs for tall women in their mid thirties? I know New Look have a tall range but I find the quality iffy, ASOS is ok for hoodies and t shirts but everything else is just a bit bizarre and/or mega cropped!

Any recs for tall women in their mid thirties? I know New Look have a tall range but I find the quality iffy, ASOS is ok for hoodies and t shirts but everything else is just a bit bizarre and/or mega cropped!
Long tall sally and next Are good. Topshop’s tall range is bizarre. It’s realllllllly tall.

Reactions: 2
I really like Cos, & Other Stories, Ghost London, Monki, Next, Fat Face or Tu at Sainsburys for something more affordable

Does anyone have any recommendations for office wear on a very tight budget?

I am trying to lose weight I've piled on over the last year. I have loads of nice bits in my original size so don't want to spend a fortune on bigger things and then be stuck with them, but I start my new job next month and also want to look well put together when I go in

I am trying to lose weight I've piled on over the last year. I have loads of nice bits in my original size so don't want to spend a fortune on bigger things and then be stuck with them, but I start my new job next month and also want to look well put together when I go in
Matalan, new look and Dorothy Perkins were my go to for office wear. Blazers are everywhere still - I’d pair them with trousers and a blouse to look more formal. I’d also wear a blazer with dresses and tights too so they looked smarter.

Alternatively I’m really enjoying Vinted for all sorts, you could look there for some bargains to tide you over.

Good luck with your new job and the weight loss 🥰

• Heart
Matalan, new look and Dorothy Perkins were my go to for office wear. Blazers are everywhere still - I’d pair them with trousers and a blouse to look more formal. I’d also wear a blazer with dresses and tights too so they looked smarter.

Alternatively I’m really enjoying Vinted for all sorts, you could look there for some bargains to tide you over.

Good luck with your new job and the weight loss 🥰
Aah thank you didn't think Dorothy Perkins still existed! I love Vinted but I hate when you buy something and it fits weird then you're stuck with it.

I would buy from somewhere like eBay or Depop, you often get stuff with tags still on.

Another vote for Dorothy Perkins. I tend to buy in the sale and keep for the following year, the quality is really good.

I think I mentioned WE Fashion on here before, but in case I haven't, I'll repeat myself :p
Reasonably priced, no bum-showing trousers or shirts where half your tits would be showing and wearable. I've gotten two lovely basic cardigans from them that, despite them just being black and petrol, have gotten me some compliments, they have a nice knitted pattern and just sit very well.

I know that money is tight for a lot of people at the moment but seeing cheaper clothes recommend so much is really disheartening. Fast fashion is terrible for the environment. Please look into buying second hand (often new rather than worn) before going for something cheap. "Buy cheap, buy twice" I always say!

I know that money is tight for a lot of people at the moment but seeing cheaper clothes recommend so much is really disheartening. Fast fashion is terrible for the environment. Please look into buying second hand (often new rather than worn) before going for something cheap. "Buy cheap, buy twice" I always say!
I completely agree for the record- every time I see SHEIN or Boohoo recommended my heart sinks.

Problem (to me at least) is that if you're not proportioned a certain way (e.g. not overly endowed in the chest, not very tall, etc), your shopping options are really restricted. I do end up buying "fast fashion" basics because either I'm terrible at second hand shopping or nobody ever seems to sell clothes catering to those sectors in decent nick. I know what I do have I wear until I can no longer!!

Reactions: 5
Arket, occasionally & other stories, jigsaw, whistles, me & em, M&S autograph range, H&M, Anthropologie, sweaty Betty, NAP. I only really buy new clothes when they send me a discount code or i will hunt one down if I really want something.

Reactions: 1