When was the last time you cried and why? #2

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
New thread to open up

Old thread

Today. I've just been through a failed IVF cycle earlier this week. There's a woman in my office who is pregnant and she just chose to come and chat to the women sat behind me for 10 minutes about the pregnancy. I'm heartbroken but didn't want to say anything to upset her so I just sat silently, and had a cry when she'd left.

• Heart
Reactions: 7
Today.

My partner of 16 years broke up with me yesterday and I’m absolutely broken.
Im 33 and have only ever known him. We were each others first everything. I still live at home due to mental health problems and he still lives with his parents too because he couldn’t afford somewhere for us to live together because he was supporting me.

I have a strained relationship with my family who I live with, and they have actually been really good with me. But I feel so abandoned and alone. He was my everything. I also don’t have any friends because I left work a long time ago and everyone I knew sort of drifted away from me. he is refusing to have a face to face conversation with me and it feels so cold and heartless. I’m completely lost.

• Heart
Reactions: 7
Just now. My Mum is very depressed.
She has always been prone to depression and it’s taken on a toll on me too.
Since my Dad died, she’s been surrounded by good people and has more of a social life than ever, thankfully.
But she’ll show only me her real face and how she’s really feeling and I feel so utterly helpless to help her feel better.
I don’t feel great myself as well as not being able to get over my Dad not being here, over a year on.
Just feel a bit hopeless this morning

• Heart
Reactions: 6
This morning.

I was supposed to fly to go on vacation. I had everything prepared including my morning alarm. I wake up and see it’s super bright for what was supposed to be 3.45am. I look at my phone and it’s 5.41am!! My flight was at 6.

I started crying because it would have been my first proper vacation since before COVID. I’m so heartbroken because I’m trying to find a new destination - anywhere! But everything is so expensive.

• Heart
Reactions: 3
Yesterday when I was pegging my washing out - I lost my dear friend of 42 years (who was also my next door neighbour) 3 weeks ago. It just hit me like a bolt out of the blue that I’ll never chat to her over the fence again 💔

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 5
This evening. I was getting out of the shower and I slipped and one of my legs was still in the shower tray and it twisted right round.

I have a huge bruise now and pretty sure I sprained my knee. But what got me is life never looks good sitting wet on the bathroom floor with no clothes on 😅

Today.

I have the flu and an awful migraine that hasn’t stopped for 3 days straight to the point where the pain woke me up this morning. I have a high tolerance for pain but this migraine has been so bad, I started crying.

• Sad
Reactions: 1
Tonight. We finished watching the Crown and the last episode finishes with heavy heavy hinting about the queen dying. Her and Prince Philip reminded me of my grandparents and when it went off it hit me how I miss them terribly.

When my mum died a long time ago.
I was brought up to view crying as something you didn't do unless you were on your own and no one knew you were doing it. Kind of like masturbation.
It's absolutely ludicrous but many blokes I know of a certain age were drilled to view it in exactly the same way.
On occassion I feel like a cry could be useful/cathartic but I'm hung up about it tbh.
I reckon I've probs managed a few stifled, strangled sobs or weird emotional noises though at some juncture.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1
Right now.

I feel like I’m losing the tentative hold I had on my mental health.

I’ve been supporting my husband through severe mental health issues as well as juggling home and a new business. It’s only the 11th of January and so far this year I’ve had my car damaged twice, my Aunt has been diagnosed with a terminal neurological condition, one of my beloved cats has developed a kidney issue, my husband isn’t getting any better and I got a text this evening to say there is an issue with the lease on my cafe bar. I just feel I’ve given so much of me to everyone else lately that when it comes to me and my needs there is nothing left … I’ve gone back to self medicating with pain meds and alcohol which I know is a slippery slope for me but I’m going to crack if I don’t get some sort of release, even if it is just a temporary chemical fix. I feel so invisible 😢

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Now.
Feeling really rough with COVID. OH made what he says was an off the cuff, thoughtless comment that he said he didn’t mean, criticising something I’ve done.
I tried to explain that he’d upset me. He claimed first that he didn’t say what I heard him say, then that it wasn’t meant.
I’ve ended up losing it. I hate myself when I get so upset and I feel bloody Ill anyway, so I’ve ended up crying my eyes out.
He feels bad, but honestly, when he’s ill I can’t do enough for him.
When it’s me, he sods off to golf and comes in and makes a snippy comment that I’ve apparently made too much of 😡
Think I’ll just go to bed where I should have stayed today anyway 😔