Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

_kate_

I’ve been following Jennie for a while, I understand that she can come across as quite gobby and forward but I admire her campaigning for basic rights and better accessibility for disabled people

• Heart
Reactions: 9

Nellyellie

VIP Member
What does she experience (whinge about) that isn't genuine discrimination?

I am an able bodied young woman myself and I follow her as I find she educates me about the discrimination disabled people face. Since following her I have entered a good few disabled toilets which I have barely been able to turn around in never mind a wheelchair user. The red cord is always tied up too! If I see these things as an able bodied person who doesn't need to rely on them I can only imagine what a disabled person sees and how it must make them feel.

I suppose I don't really understand why people complain about her when the reason she 'whinges' is to advocate for the disabled community since she has such a large social media presence. If it makes more able bodied people think twice (i.e. me) surely that's a positive thing?
She doesn’t just advocate for disabled people. She is entitle and and a whinge! The hotel was a perfect example the other day. She called the receptionist thick… because all the other disabled rooms were occupied- she assumed rightly or wrongly by non disabled guests.
you don’t have to agree with me.
she can’t take any form of criticism, she is overly emotional and can’t control her anger

Reactions: 6

_kate_

Shock horror… other disabled people might want to stay in the same hotel at the same time, she is SO passive-aggressive and entitled
I agree but this is where she loses people, because she whinges about everything the genuine discrimination is lost amongst the complaints
Exactly, she has a genuine point sometimes but then uses her privilege just to complain because she can and she can gain free stuff from it.

Reactions: 5

Amyx1518

VIP Member

I am an able bodied young woman myself and I follow her as I find she educates me about the discrimination disabled people face. Since following her I have entered a good few disabled toilets which I have barely been able to turn around in never mind a wheelchair user. The red cord is always tied up too! If I see these things as an able bodied person who doesn't need to rely on them I can only imagine what a disabled person sees and how it must make them feel.

I suppose I don't really understand why people complain about her when the reason she 'whinges' is to advocate for the disabled community since she has such a large social media presence. If it makes more able bodied people think twice (i.e. me) surely that's a positive thing?
for me, she is borderline rude, and able bodied or disabled, there is no excuse for behaving like a twat

I agree but this is where she loses people, because she whinges about everything the genuine discrimination is lost amongst the complaints

heathersmart86

her latest video - whilst it is unacceptable what happened to her, and the fact that the lift has been broken for a month, could the person she was with not have went up to the top of the stairs where the staff clearly were and enquired about any help? She would then have maybe seen that the lift could have been used?
She sees everything as a content opportunity though, if they'd used their common sense then she wouldn't have the chance to get a viral video again 🙄.

Reactions: 4

Amyx1518

VIP Member
I cannot fathom for one minute how difficult some aspects of wheelchair life must be, but I do find that whenever she is on stories, its negative and entitled. I'd be terrified to have a dealing with her in real life as she's so angry and her standards are impossible! I hope that for her sake she is just ranting for Instagram and she doesn't actually have such a torrid time feeling so negative and angry all the time, cuz that's not healthy for anyone.

Nellyellie

VIP Member
How can you make a public life on insta about your disability and not expect to be asked? I just find her awful , disability or not. I remember seeing her page through shares a few years ago when she dragged herself up the plane aisle which was awful. Now I can see why people really dislike her. People can be disliked with a disability and be shitty people as much as the next able bodied one. And as a fellow north easterner I really don’t like her moany ways! What’s even her job? Picking on hotels and buses, trains??
I agree, she doesn’t have to be liked just because she’s disabled.
mice actually messaged her a few times in a work capacity, just genuine interest in something she was talking about at the time and she ignored me. So she can double get fucked 😂😂

• Haha

HoGi

VIP Member
It was. I do wonder if it was exaggerated though I find it hard to believe she was told to wear a nappy.

I was watching her highlights about the man on the train who put his suitcase in the disabled area she was in then stormed off when she asked him to move. Her story then changed to he didn’t storm off he was stood next to hear verbally abusing her until she buzzed for help. 🤔
Yeh she loves a dramatic retelling of events.

I think I said up thread that I don't believe they all occurred as she said they did.

In pretty sure she embellishes and exaggerates like a lot of people do when they are angry about a situation. However most people are telling their mum, friend, partner etc. Not tens of thousands of followers.

Nellyellie

VIP Member
Honestly Jenny being in a wheelchair is not a free pass to being a cunt! Her attitude tonight is so bad, ‘does no one I’m here have a brain’ so rude. God forbid the hotel didn’t keep the accessible rooms empty just incase yours has an issue! I don’t think the boiler has targeted you because you’re a wheelchair user

She doesn’t just advocate for disabled people. She is entitle and and a whinge! The hotel was a perfect example the other day. She called the receptionist thick… because all the other disabled rooms were occupied- she assumed rightly or wrongly by non disabled guests.
you don’t have to agree with me.
she can’t take any form of criticism, she is overly emotional and can’t control her anger
Yeah I agree calling anyone thick is not on. And I did think she shouldn't assume the other disabled rooms have able bodied guests in them. I wasn't disagreeing with you as such was genuinely asking why she gets called a whinger as I don't see it.

I think she probably is angry with the unfairness of the obstacles she seems to come across daily. The way she puts that across may not be to everyone's tastes but I think she is fair to call out these things and hopefully make change for the better

_kate_

Her entitlement is disgusting. Poor hard done by Jennie has to slum it with us peasants in standard class instead of being in first class, or is she fishing for more freebies 🙄

Blahblah93

VIP Member
I get why she would become frustrated but don't take it out on the poor sod who's being paid minium wage and has no control over any of this. Ask to speak to management.

notanothergrammer

Chatty Member
Anyone else follow Jenny?

I really liked her at first and I do like the work she does for raising awareness for accessibility. But she moans and whinges sooooo much. Also complains about being shadow banned or "posts not appearing" aka begging for engagement
Used to like her and get why she's campaigning but she's constantly moaning as if the world owe disabled wheelchair users a living literally. Be humble about your wheels luv it's not a pass to be a twat 24/7 or self righteous.

~vix~83~

VIP Member
I’ve met Jennie a few times and she is lovely. And has a voice for disabled people, and wants to change peoples attitude. My husband is paralysed, so know exactly where she is comin from.
what happened to her on her flight was degrading. It’s bad enough gettin on the plane and every one lookin at you. I know of people who have had to wait for over a hour to get off the plane to find that their wheelchair has been damaged! Flying is the most stressful thing to experience.

Reactions: 3

Nellyellie

VIP Member
Yeah I agree calling anyone thick is not on. And I did think she shouldn't assume the other disabled rooms have able bodied guests in them. I wasn't disagreeing with you as such was genuinely asking why she gets called a whinger as I don't see it.

I think she probably is angry with the unfairness of the obstacles she seems to come across daily. The way she puts that across may not be to everyone's tastes but I think she is fair to call out these things and hopefully make change for the better
I totally believe in her fight and what she’s standing for and do understand that she’s angry, and why. I think she would benefit from therapy if she isn’t already getting it

HoGi

VIP Member
her latest video - whilst it is unacceptable what happened to her, and the fact that the lift has been broken for a month, could the person she was with not have went up to the top of the stairs where the staff clearly were and enquired about any help? She would then have maybe seen that the lift could have been used?
That wouldn't give her a reason to get angry on camera for likes again though

Choco88

VIP Member
I'm not her biggest fan but the airline toilet issue was pretty bad.
It was. I do wonder if it was exaggerated though I find it hard to believe she was told to wear a nappy.

I was watching her highlights about the man on the train who put his suitcase in the disabled area she was in then stormed off when she asked him to move. Her story then changed to he didn’t storm off he was stood next to hear verbally abusing her until she buzzed for help. 🤔