What’s up with me? Health issue.

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Hi all.

this past week I’ve just not felt 100%. I keep getting a bit of heavy stomach to the point I feel sick but never sick, I’ve got back pain more so middle to upper back and at times it feels a bit of a struggle to breath like my chest is tight. It comes and goes maybe 3-4 times a day for about 20-30 mins each time.

last weekend we went away to london and there was a lot of drinks consumed so at the start of the week when I felt like this I just put it down to a hangover, the drink dying in me, overtired etc.

I have a hen party next week abroad which I’m dreading just because I’m a bit of an introvert and as the time gets closers I’m anxious about it. I can be a very anxious person in general so I’m wondering if it’s even down to that.

obviously you should ever google what’s up with you but I have done so now I’m even more anxious. I can give my doctor a call on Monday but also don’t want to waste their time if it’s

basically just wondering has anyone ever experienced similar?

thanks in advance xo

Your first paragraph makes me think anxiety. If you've had a busy time recently, you still might not have caught up on sleep , so that can have an impact on how you feel .

Do you get hay-fever? People ate suffering with that at the minute and that won't help your breathing issues .

Reactions: 2
Your first paragraph makes me think anxiety. If you've had a busy time recently, you still might not have caught up on sleep , so that can have an impact on how you feel .

Do you get hay-fever? People ate suffering with that at the minute and that won't help your breathing issues .
I also second the anxiety... I myself suffer very similar when u have anxiety especially if I'm fatigued

It may be anxietys, it's pretty common to feel a lot of that with it, sometimes people think anxiety is only panicking or you only feel symptoms the day before or on the day of somthing but its surprising how much you can feel symptoms with what your worried about when it isn't even at the forefront of your mind, there's been times I've been relaxed an felt sick

Although it is worth thinking about seeing a doctor, I can only assume it's anxiety but am obviously not qualified, they can check blood pressures an do bloods etc if they feel they need to, not saying anything would be badly wrong but it is better to even have a chat with them, I found I had a tiny iron deficiency in my blood work which was easily fixed with stuff in the shops as I would get short of breath somtimes an had a tight chest

Your symptoms could literally be absolutely anything from a simple case of anxiety all the way up to a chest infection etc.

take a pregnancy test to rule that out.

are you feeling cold/flu like symptoms? Any fever?

Thanks all.

i took a pregnancy test and it was negative but could be too early so il take another in a week as that’s when my period is due.

I don’t have any flu symptoms, literally just back pain and tummy pain that comes and goes.

I was reading all sorts on google about liver cancer and acute pancreatitis etc! I know, never read google but that’s obviously made me super anxious.
I’ve had anxiety for a number of years now and it comes and goes but I definitely feel anxious about the week ahead and I am a bit worn out as it’s all go go go lately.
I also have very low iron and I’m anaemic so that’s probably not helping things.

i appreciate all your replies. Have eased my mind a little as I know I’m doing my boyfriends head in!

• Heart
Reactions: 1
Thanks all.

i took a pregnancy test and it was negative but could be too early so il take another in a week as that’s when my period is due.

I don’t have any flu symptoms, literally just back pain and tummy pain that comes and goes.

I was reading all sorts on google about liver cancer and acute pancreatitis etc! I know, never read google but that’s obviously made me super anxious.
I’ve had anxiety for a number of years now and it comes and goes but I definitely feel anxious about the week ahead and I am a bit worn out as it’s all go go go lately.
I also have very low iron and I’m anaemic so that’s probably not helping things.

i appreciate all your replies. Have eased my mind a little as I know I’m doing my boyfriends head in!
I think you may be pregnant. Like you say, try another test in a week or so. But your symptoms sound a lot like early pregnancy.

what’s the cause of your anemia?Are you on iron tablets?

I think you may be pregnant. Like you say, try another test in a week or so. But your symptoms sound a lot like early pregnancy.

what’s the cause of your anemia?Are you on iron tablets?
Just low in iron, I take some iron tablets but they’re horrible and honestly I avoid taking them as much as possible which is bad I know.
I don’t know about pregnancy, I went through a stage last year with back pains etc but it went away. Il take a test again in a week if my period doesn’t come.

Just low in iron, I take some iron tablets but they’re horrible and honestly I avoid taking them as much as possible which is bad I know.
I don’t know about pregnancy, I went through a stage last year with back pains etc but it went away. Il take a test again in a week if my period doesn’t come.
If you’ve been prescribed iron tablets you really need to take them. Just down the hatch and it’s done. If you start taking them properly as prescribed you’ll be surprised at how good you’ll start to feel.

Thanks all.

Am also anaemic an had low iron, I used to take somthing called floradix liquid, most places sell it like grocery stores like asda an tesco or places like Holland an Barrett, wasn't the greatest tasting thing but I find taking tablets incredible hard, so for me the liquid was easier

Am also anaemic an had low iron, I used to take somthing called floradix liquid, most places sell it like grocery stores like asda an tesco or places like Holland an Barrett, wasn't the greatest tasting thing but I find taking tablets incredible hard, so for me the liquid was easier
Floradix hasn’t got anywhere near the amount of iron in it to help when you have anemia that you’ve been prescribed iron supplements for. If your iron levels are low enough to be classified as you being anemic then you need a supplement far higher in iron than that, which is why there are prescribed iron supplements for that very purpose.

Floradix hasn’t got anywhere near the amount of iron in it to help when you have anemia that you’ve been prescribed iron supplements for. If your iron levels are low enough to be classified as you being anemic then you need a supplement far higher in iron than that, which is why there are prescribed iron supplements for that very purpose.
I don't think the OP mentioned they had been prescribed iron tablets unless I've missed it, just said they take them

For me it was enough, I had enough blood work done in which my doctor was happy to let me take floriadex, so long as doctors are happy after they have done blood work then I don't think there's anything wrong with it

Like I said earlier it's always better talking with a doctor first about anything, only they can say what's better for you, if tablets are a struggle then perhaps they can prescribe somthing else in liquid form that will give enough iron, usually a little change in diet as well can help with iron so long as it's not at the point that doctors are requesting you take things

I don't think the OP mentioned they had been prescribed iron tablets unless I've missed it, just said they take them

For me it was enough, I had enough blood work done in which my doctor was happy to let me take floriadex, so long as doctors are happy after they have done blood work then I don't think there's anything wrong with it

Like I said earlier it's always better talking with a doctor first about anything, only they can say what's better for you, if tablets are a struggle then perhaps they can prescribe somthing else in liquid form that will give enough iron, usually a little change in diet as well can help with iron so long as it's not at the point that doctors are requesting you take things
Yes Doctors can prescribe iron supplements as a liquid so if swallowing tablets is an issue there is an alternative. No fair enough, it worked for you - but I know from personal experience that if someone needs iron supplements to offset anemia then usually things like OTC stuff like Floradix just l isn’t usually enough.

Is your pain in your stomach on your left or your right?

I had something very similar and I had to have my acid checked and I got diagnosed with diverticular disease via CT scan. I also had low iron and when you have anything wrong with your stomach usually the advice to take iron orally is a no. I ended up having an infusion.

You really need to know where you iron levels currently sit.

Have you tried liquid gaviscon when you get symptoms? This tends to usually help me better than the tablet form and I was advised by my gastro document initially diagnosed that liquid is better than tablet.

Is your pain in your stomach on your left or your right?

I had something very similar and I had to have my acid checked and I got diagnosed with diverticular disease via CT scan. I also had low iron and when you have anything wrong with your stomach usually the advice to take iron orally is a no. I ended up having an infusion.

You really need to know where you iron levels currently sit.

Have you tried liquid gaviscon when you get symptoms? This tends to usually help me better than the tablet form and I was advised by my gastro document initially diagnosed that liquid is better than tablet.
It’s more just tummy pain in the centre of my belly as if I was actually sick but it’s not been too bad the past few days. I’ve called my doctor and I’ve got an appointment on Friday afternoon. Thank you, really appreciate your response. I hope that you’re doing ok. I must get some gaviscone.

It’s more just tummy pain in the centre of my belly as if I was actually sick but it’s not been too bad the past few days. I’ve called my doctor and I’ve got an appointment on Friday afternoon. Thank you, really appreciate your response. I hope that you’re doing ok. I must get some gaviscone.
I would think acid more so than anything else. Hope you get sorted out. I’m doing okay now, sorting my iron out has made me feel like a new woman. Best of luck💖

• Heart