What would you do in this work situation?

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
You applied for a job, which you got.

A month or so later, someone who also applied for the job but didn't get it, is brought into the business in another capacity (job).

But, from day 1, they make it clear that they want your job - quite blatantly in many ways (including being openly critical about the way you do things).

Talking to your boss is not an option as they chose to bring this person on.

What would you do?

Reactions: 1
Just because your boss chose to bring them in doesn’t mean they’re aware of or happy with them openly criticising you and being after your job. My first step would be to speak to my manager

Reactions: 12
You applied for a job, which you got.

A month or so later, someone who also applied for the job but didn't get it, is brought into the business in another capacity (job).

But, from day 1, they make it clear that they want your job - quite blatantly in many ways (including being openly critical about the way you do things).

Talking to your boss is not an option as they chose to bring this person on.

What would you do?
I have been in this situation where I got the job but then another similar position became available so they gave it to the other candidate. She made out she was head hunted and brought in lol.

I think its because they feel inferior. I suppose all you can do is ask them if there's a reason why they keep criticising your work.

Reactions: 3
That would push me to do an amazing and even better job!!! Just to sicken them lol they are just feeling inferior. Keep cool and like it doesn’t bother you, they will soon get sick of it.

if their behaviour gets more out of hand and continues for a while then definitely mention it to your manager or HR department.

Reactions: 4
This happened to me but the other way around the job was given to someone else and i was called a week later with a new role. I got on really well with the other new person and we just worked together and still do .

I don't understand i am better than them mentality at work .

Reactions: 1
Ask your boss if they have any concerns about your work. If not (and presumably they would have told you if they had), respond to any negativity by saying “that’s strange Boss gave me very good feedback on that particular piece of work” They will soon get fed up not getting a reaction, and you will have demonstrated why you got the job over them Win win.

Reactions: 3
I would definitely speak to my manager. Just cos they took this person on doesn’t mean they’d be happy to let them treat you that way.