Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Piff paff puff

VIP Member
I can happily get into bed at 5.30pm. it is my main chill area though. I might not sleep until 9pm. In the summer I like to be up by 7am and an hour later in winter.

Reactions: 5

Megansnarkle

VIP Member
Total night owl, usually between 12-1am. Wake up under protest (ie five alarms going off every 10 minutes) either 7am on a work from office day or 8am on a wfh day.

Left to my own devices it takes only a few days for my natural circadian rhythm to move to going to bed around 3-4am and waking up somewhere around lunch.

Reactions: 4

aidil

VIP Member
My sleep routine is horrendous! Often won’t get off to sleep till 1-2am and then back up for work at 6am 🫣 Tend to catch up on the weekend but not sure how I function tbh! 🤣

Reactions: 3

Beverley macca

VIP Member
I'm a nightowl. I'm 51 and will not go to bed early. I usually go about 2am but do occasionally fall asleep on sofa and have passed my husband waking up for the day. He's goes to bed 9ish and is awake 5am. I blame my reluctance to go to bed early from refusing to go to bed as a child. 🤣🤣

Reactions: 2

Pinkpenguinx

Chatty Member
I go to bed about 10pm, last night I went to sleep at 9:30pm cos I was exhausted! I took some night nurse and slept for 10.5 hours 😂
😅 Im also a night nurse fan, can't take it on work night but weekends 💤😴💤

Im naturally a night owl but not a morning person and cant handle the excruciating early mornings after staying up late. So I have to force myself to sleep by 10.30 ( unless I have something to worry about), up at 6.30. Can take me a very long time to fall asleep.
If im particularly struggling to get to sleep I will take night nurse Friday or Saturday night which also helps me sleep in otherwise I'd be awake by 7

al255

VIP Member
I go to bed about 10pm, last night I went to sleep at 9:30pm cos I was exhausted! I took some night nurse and slept for 10.5 hours 😂

NowIsGood

Chatty Member
on workdays i try and get to sleep around 10-10:15 and then i’m up at around 6-6:30. it’s a struggle though as i’m not a morning person at all.

like you i’m a night owl by nature (and a late riser!) - also a very heavy and long sleeper 🤣 so friday and saturday nights i’m normally between 11:30-12 and while i might wake up at around 8ish i’ll get a coffee and go back to bed with my book until 10:30 at least.
Same on the weekends! Except it's a cup of tea and then watching Friends till like midday 😅

• Heart
Reactions: 1

Caffeine Fiend

VIP Member
10pm ish every night including weekends. Im in bed by 9pm at the latest. My oldest child is now awake after me usually now 🙈

Im more of a morning person but do struggle a bit in winter. Im up at 5.30/5.45 spring to Autumn.

Nothing good happens after 9pm is what I tell myself. I am much more productive 6am - 8am than I can be 6pm to 8pm. Doesnt make it easy to get up though 😴

littlepup

VIP Member
Total night owl, usually between 12-1am. Wake up under protest (ie five alarms going off every 10 minutes) either 7am on a work from office day or 8am on a wfh day.

Left to my own devices it takes only a few days for my natural circadian rhythm to move to going to bed around 3-4am and waking up somewhere around lunch.
Same.
I’m lucky if I’m asleep by 2 and wake about 9 if my child doesn’t have nursery or me work. They’ve inherited my sleep issues. I’m dreading school starting.
Everyone jokes how I could sleep all day and got the only kid they know who’ll sleep until half 10. But they don’t get that sometimes I can’t sleep at night until 4am and LO 11pm. Been an insomniac since primary school. I’m truly gutted for my child as it’s actually life altering when you’re unable to sleep like everyone else. I’ve had to chose jobs at my worst simply because the hours work for me.

al255

VIP Member
😅 Im also a night nurse fan, can't take it on work night but weekends 💤😴💤

Im naturally a night owl but not a morning person and cant handle the excruciating early mornings after staying up late. So I have to force myself to sleep by 10.30 ( unless I have something to worry about), up at 6.30. Can take me a very long time to fall asleep.
If im particularly struggling to get to sleep I will take night nurse Friday or Saturday night which also helps me sleep in otherwise I'd be awake by 7
I swig a few caps of it during the week in the hope I don't wake up for a wee 😂😂😂 I alternate pharmacies when I buy it so they don't think I'm addicted

• Haha

I’mThankyou_

VIP Member
Chronic insomniac with M.E 🙋🏻‍♀️
I’m in bed by 10.30 most nights however I won’t actually switch off and fall asleep till near 3am & then I’m up between 6.30am&7am to sort the kids, school runs etc.
Sleep is none restorative for me due to the M.E so too much or too little I’m tired regardless

Elle Woods

VIP Member
On a work day I'll get in bed about 9pm and aim to be asleep by 10/10.30 latest. I get up at 5.30 on those days.

Weekends I'll get into bed about 11pm but I do have a habit of falling asleep on the sofa before that :ROFLMAO: Tend to wake up about 6am and might lay in bed for a bit, never get out of bed any later than 8am. I am a morning person though, I like being up and about early.

LittleMy

VIP Member
Night owl here. I’m terrible for staying up later than I should, a habit I picked up after having my sons close in age and wanting to cling onto whatever “me” time I could get in the evenings. I also worked night shift so have been used to late nights. I usually get into bed around 11pm but can take hours to actually fall asleep and then I’m up in the morning at 7am to start the day and get my boys to school.

I’m definitely not a morning person but once the sun is up, usually so am
I. Now my boys are a bit older and able to sort their own breakfast in the morning and like watching cartoons, I get a bit of extra time and can usually lie in until 8.30 on weekends. If I’m feeling poorly or just very tired I’ll usually go to bed same time as the kids. I married a night owl as well which probably doesn’t help as we like to catch up on our tv series’s together 😂

Tinkerbell cat

VIP Member
We usually go to bed about 9pm and watch something until about 11/11.30. I usually read too.
I wake a few times in the night to go to the toilet but usually get back over easily enough.
Normally wake about 8am.

coconochanel

VIP Member
Weekdays- I get up between 6am-6.30am and usually go to bed around 10pm then I will read for about 30 minutes before I go to sleep.
Weekends- If I don't have somewhere to be I get up and go to bed whenever I feel like it.

Lizzie Mintdrop

VIP Member
When I worked in an office, I trained myself to be in bed by 10pm and up at 5.30am but I'm naturally a night owl. Now I work from home full time, it usually 12.30am to bed and 7.30am wake up. If left completely to my own devices, it'd be 1.30/2am bed time, possibly later. My partner is the complete opposite, he's in bed for 9pm every night

TheGlossy

VIP Member
Bed time: Between 11.30pm and 12am.

I need a lot of time to unwind. I finish work around 6pm, so impossible for me to properly disconnect mentally in an hour or two and go to bed. Generally, I log off / come home, take a shower and sit in silence with chill music on & a tea for any least an hour. It’s my way of processing the day / decompressing. I’m done sitting in silence, I cook / talk on the phone / watch a movie etc. and go to bed.

Wake-up time: WFH day: 8.20am Office day: 7.45 or 8am (short commute),