What things make you feel nostalgic?

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I loved Bliss and J-17 anyone remember the Diary of a Crush story in J-17 I loved it you would get a novel included once a year.
I was embarrassingly into the Diary of a Crush story and so excited by the novel! Haha...I'd completely forgotten about that.

Reactions: 1
Spice Girls
Groovy Chick
Hey Arnold - move it football head!
Diggit on a Saturday morning followed by SMTV life, preferably accompanied by a bowl of coco pops
Spending my pocket money on Mizz, Smash Hits and TV Hits (and covering my walls with posters a first Spice Girls and then S Club / Blue / Steps and BWitched). Then getting far too sassy for my age and upgrading to Bliss, Sugar and J-17.
UFO yoghurts
Sunny Delight and the rumours of the kid that turned orange because he had it every day
10p Ice poles in the summer and evenings that felt warm until 10pm when you finally had to go in.
MSN Messenger every day after school and pretending I was doing homework every time my mum came in to my room to ask if she could use the phone line yet
Changing your screen name on MSN to include your current bestie / crush / philosophical song lyric
Bebo
Limewire and the first ever iPod mini
Jelly shoes - I had silver glitter wedges and they were my favourite thing ever
Shopping in Tammy Girl and my Mum telling me things were “too old” for me
Wishing away the years until I was old enough to shop in River Island. At 29 I now often feel too old!
Playing snake
Flipping a phone shut
An actual bus pass not an Oyster card (and my first ever solo bus journey to secondary school costing 40p!)
Cutting messages down to text speak to save spending 10p on going in to two messages
Buying a book that taught me how to compose ringtones and really really caring.
Buying ringtones / pranks from those ads in magazines - £3 for the latest N Dubz song to play every time your phone rang was a bargain.
Push pops and other cheap sherbet sweets (those coloured sticks of them that were like 2p each)
Talking about the cost of anything in pence
Wishing time away until my next milestone birthday..... 10, then 13, then 15 (no idea why), 16, 17, 18, 20, 21.... now 30 is approaching I’m clawing on to the time left of my 20s!
ALL OF THIS

I am back with more...

- The smell of Cabbage Patch Dolls
- Sun Lolly. We never had them at home but my best friend did. They remind me of summer days at hers.
- Home Farm Twins. I loved both the tv show and books.
- The Worst Witch. I still remember the theme song.
- Come Outside tv show.
- Tracy Beaker. My poor gran having to listen to the kids screaming on the show.
- Jacqueline Wilson books. I met her twice, she was lovely.
- Peter Rabbit cartoon. This was when I was very young but I remember the intro so clearly.
- Betty Spaghetti dolls.
- Sindy party house.
- Animal Hospital tv show and toys.
- Smelly gel pens. My fav one was grape.
- Anyone else remembers the computer game Zoombinis?
- The Sims 2 theme song.
- I played a lot of DK games as a kid, they had world explorer, science, etc. The body one was my favourite. Haha.
- Also, Living Books were another huge part of my childhood.
- Automatic High by S Club Juniors.
- Glitter Babes. It was a kid's beauty range at Boots.
- Matey bubble bath.
- Blockbuster. Gosh, it was so exciting going to pick a film and get some snacks.
- Um Bongo and Capri Sun.
- Recess / The Wild Thornberries.
- Tammy Girl.
- Woolworths. Loved the pick n mix section.
- Rainbow Drops.
- Sabrina The Teenage Witch. Also, the Sabrina cartoon.
- Zoey 101 theme song.
- The Simpsons theme song. A show I never watched at home but reminds me of my best friend's house.
- Eastenders theme.
- Club biscuits and echo bars.
- Mingles chocolates.

Reactions: 4
Matey bubblebath
Funnybones book
Dandelion and burdock

There's probably loads more but can't think

Reactions: 2
Anything from the 90’s gives me all the warm and fuzzy feelings.

sometimes i really want to decorate my house in the 90’s style so i can get that cosey home
Vibe. Basically still want the house from home alone with all the decor.

i feel like i’m stuck in the 90’s in my head, i love heart 90’s station, i constantly watch my 90’s shows, friends, saved by the bell, boy meets world.

Reactions: 3
Going to the library,renting a vhs, visiting cousins as a kid. We’ve all got so busy now.

I watch a lot of old TV shows, I have a collection of DVD's of stuff most of you haven't heard off.

I also watch repeats of old shows being shown on various satellite channels, best of all is watching those shows which are not politically correct, I live for nostalgia.

Groovy chick
Limewire
Mizz/sugar magazine
That purple sabrina the teenage witch jewelery? makeup? box
Dream matte mousse
Instead of curling your hair with a curling wand.. Scrunching your hair with a tit ton of hair mousse 😂
Sony Ericsson phones
The parent trap
Jelly sandals
Jane norman bags
The OC
Trouble the TV channel
Saved by the bell
One on one
L'Oréal kids shampoo
Betty spaghetti
Polly pocket
Those creepy head dolls that you could practice hairstyles on
The sims
MSN
Those diaries that had a lock on them!
Brownies & the brownies uniform
Sooty and sweep
Crossroads the movie with Britney spears

Instead of curling your hair with a curling wand.. Scrunching your hair with a tit ton of hair mousse
That is the only way my hair will go curly. People were surprised how straight it was when I stopped doing it.
Then when ghd/ ceramic straighteners came out early 2000s and everyone had the super straightened look.

Sometimes I just get a feeling of nostalgia and I can't explain it, it's usually come from a smell or a sound . Smells bring back the most memories

I have been extremely nostalgic the past couple of years. And I always get a nostalgia hit when I watch the scene in Love Actually where you see Mia's bedroom with the lilac and silver - my bedroom at home was very similar!

I loved Sugar magazine, Bliss, Smash Hits. The free gifts from Sugar were the best!
Polly Pocket
Tamagotchi
Heinz baked bean pizzas
Good Saturday night TV
Noels House Party
Strike it Rich/Lucky
The Chart Show on a Saturday lunchtime
Chesney Hawkes
5ive
Tammy Girl
Au Naturale homeware shop
Kickers shoes for school
When Friends was first on TV
Eurotrash on a Friday night, watching it with the sound turned right down so my parents wouldn't hear 😂
Shopping for new stationery before going back to school
Babysitters Club and Sweet Valley High books
California Dreams, Saved By The Bell, Sister Sister
Impulse 02 body spray
Tommy Girl perfume
JLo Glow perfume
Kappa tracksuits

Reactions: 3
Ah I was scrolling through Netflix children the other day and there was a Polly Pocket TV show! I used to love Polly Pocket

Rugrats - my favourite thing when I was a kid! One of the movies will just randomly be on on a weekend on either e4 or Film 4 and I always watch them 😂

Impulse body spray, CK one, Tommy girl
Backstreet Boys :love:
MTV - back when they still played music
AOL chatroom
The NeverEnding Story
The Last Unicorn

I love this thread 🥰

Cool waters perfume
Lacoste pink perfume
Joop aftershave - every guy in high school wore this
Boyzone/Westlife/B*witched/Aqua