What is the weirdest pregnancy craving you have heard?

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
🤣🤣 I craved soil with both pregnancies! Any earthy sort of smells as well, like when it’s just rained outside or damp flannels 🤤 So weird thinking back 😅

Reactions: 1
Is it common to have no cravings at all? I never craved anything throughout pregnancy despite being anaemic. Had a few intense cravings post partum while breastfeeding though but nothing weird

I’ve heard of some women craving toilet paper 😖
I was just about to write this! I craved toilet paper with both my pregnancies! Had a favourite brand and everything, the moment I had the baby the craving went. So strange

I craved sponges with both pregnancies. Particularly baby sponges, I use to bite one and inhale it 🤣😩

Then with my twins it was nail varnish remover (It was so bad I had to get rid of it out the house as I was scared I’d end up drinking it)

I had very low iron both times!

I didn’t crave anything and I was gutted as I’m such a fussy eater and I really wanted to crave a food that I wouldn’t normally like. My mum however when she was pregnant with me wanted those little stones you get on like a damaged road and rub them on her face (she didn’t actually do it though 😅)

I’m not totally averse to this movement.. 😕
When I was a kid I went to this weird after school club and we had to fish gherkins out of tubs of melted chocolate with out mouths. Never tried it since but still think about it! 😄

My sister used to lather up sponges and then suck the bubbles out the sponge. Never ate the sponge just needed it to make the bubbles “right” 😂

The only cravings I had was for BLT sandwiches despite never liking them before And millions (sweets). I was gutted I didn’t get a weird craving I could tell people about 😅

This thread really took off 🤣

I have another one. My cousin used to like sucking on coins and keys - basically any metal surface because of the feeling of it?!

I used to sit watching films with trays of ice cubes, crunching my way through the cubes like you would eat popcorn 🥴

I craved eating the cement in between bricks it was the texture I think
When I was a kid I went to this weird after school club and we had to fish gherkins out of tubs of melted chocolate with out mouths. Never tried it since but still think about it! 😄
bloody he’ll was Jimmy saville at this club 😳 sorry do not mean to offend anyone x

Not a craving but my Mum used to rub the dirty potatoes in the supermarket when she was pregnant with me. Weird.

• Haha
Reactions: 4
I ate paper during my daughters pregnancy, just loved the feel of it on my teeth. Also, freshly plastered walls - had to leave my friends new kitchen after wanting to lick the walls.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 5
A girl I worked with craved bread drenched in vinegar which I know isn't weird but she would pour pretty much a whole bottle over a slice to the point where it was mush! She bloody stunk!!

• Sick
I've heard of someone craving bleach :confused: thankfully they didn't give in to it!

I was very disappointed to have no cravings other than for 1 week where I wanted lime on everything and ate like 8 limes but other than that, nada!

All 4 of my pregnancies I went off food totally in the 2nd trimesters and had an intense craving for specific types of paper. It had to be recycled paper, corrugated card, old books and brown envelopes (I became a bit of a conisour and DWP ones were best). I was more excited about my Amazon parcels so I could eat the card. I also had to have my maternity notes replaced several times because I ate those too. My midwife with my youngest was fascinated by it and asked me all sorts, she said she hadn't looked after a lady with pica before. I ate a 20 year old copy of Colin Wilson's mammoth book of crime which in hindsight I was gutted about, it was my favourite book since I was a kid.

I also develop a craving so intense with my first it frustrated me and that was to eat work men. Gas engineers, plasterers, scaffholders... I could literally pour gravy on them and eat them. They smelt so appealing while I was pregnant, my ex father in law was a workman with a work van and he would let me sit in the work van after he finished work so I could relish the smell - that sweaty, leathery, plastery, dust smell with a hint of rolling tobacco really satisfied me in ways I couldnt explain. I am pretty sure my ex father in law thought I had some sort of fetish. But I promise it wasn't.

Waterloo underground station had an aroma that created the same intense feeling and like a mad woman went back a few times specifically just to sit there and relish the smell. I could of ate the station if I could.

• Haha
Reactions: 7
All 4 of my pregnancies I went off food totally in the 2nd trimesters and had an intense craving for specific types of paper. It had to be recycled paper, corrugated card, old books and brown envelopes (I became a bit of a conisour and DWP ones were best). I was more excited about my Amazon parcels so I could eat the card. I also had to have my maternity notes replaced several times because I ate those too. My midwife with my youngest was fascinated by it and asked me all sorts, she said she hadn't looked after a lady with pica before. I ate a 20 year old copy of Colin Wilson's mammoth book of crime which in hindsight I was gutted about, it was my favourite book since I was a kid.

I also develop a craving so intense with my first it frustrated me and that was to eat work men. Gas engineers, plasterers, scaffholders... I could literally pour gravy on them and eat them. They smelt so appealing while I was pregnant, my ex father in law was a workman with a work van and he would let me sit in the work van after he finished work so I could relish the smell - that sweaty, leathery, plastery, dust smell with a hint of rolling tobacco really satisfied me in ways I couldnt explain. I am pretty sure my ex father in law thought I had some sort of fetish. But I promise it wasn't.

Waterloo underground station had an aroma that created the same intense feeling and like a mad woman went back a few times specifically just to sit there and relish the smell. I could of ate the station if I could.
I know what you mean about the paper. It couldn’t be run of the mill paper, I liked the sugar paper type stuff. It was SO good 😊

With all 3 of my pregnancies I was addicted to chewing brand new toothbrushes, like I went through at least 2 a week 😳
I think it was the texture of the bristles, just used to make my mouth water thinking about it 🤤

I know what you mean about the paper. It couldn’t be run of the mill paper, I liked the sugar paper type stuff. It was SO good 😊
For me it seemed to be compressed, recycled fayre 🤣 where you could tear it and see strands. At the time it was absolute heaven.

I suffered with pica real bad as a kid, I used to chisel away at the plaster in my bedroom of my parents new build. Their flat we lived in before I removed the wallpaper and ate it. And as disgusting as it was I used to remove all the skin on the bottom of my feet with toenail clippers, collect it all on a specific china side plate and eat it. I'm pretty sure my parents thought I was a potential Hannibal Lector.

• Haha
Reactions: 4
I didn't have a particular craving as I had nausea on and off but went off coffee and chocolate. Was so relieved that wasn't permanent!

My mum on the other hand would have multipacks of Walkers roast chicken crisps while pregnant with me. And would walk round the corner everyday to McDonald's for large strawberry milkshakes while pregnant with my sister. She would order a few and keep them in the fridge for later 😂