What is the weirdest pregnancy craving you have heard?

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I was just having this conversation with my friend who is 7 months pregnant and she confessed to me, she was eating SOIL.

Like. FROM THE GROUND and her doctor said it was fine but not to give in "too much". I'm gobsmacked. I googled it and apparently its normal?

I'm very curious. If you have kids, what were your weirdest pregnancy cravings? Or did anyone you know have any weird cravings?

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 4
Ew.... and I thought mango chutney on toast was weird! I know of someone who ate chalk, not that unusual though apparently. But soil 🤢

Ew.... and I thought mango chutney on toast was weird! I know of someone who ate chalk, not that unusual though apparently. But soil 🤢
I've heard people eat chalk if they're extremely iron deficient and the same applies for soil apparently :oops:

Mango Chutney on toast - I've not heard that one before but I wouldn't mind trying it lol

Reactions: 1
What did you say to your friend when she told you? I’d have been like 😯🥴🤢😷
Luckily it was over text so I went straight to Google to check if this was normal! She knew it was gross, she said she's so embarrassed about it. Not even her partner knows so I'm trying to be supportive 🤣 She cant explain why her mind went to soil and thought it would taste good but she said her mum used to eat paper

I liked to lick coal, sniff the inside of my oak drawers and eat cheese dipped in mint sauce ....oh and pickles jars of the buggers and drinking the vinegar!! I was a burping delight for all five pregnancies !!

• Haha
  • Wow
My friend used to want to eat the contents of the hoover, dust, smoke, building rubble!

• Sick
  • Haha
Reactions: 9
I was just having this conversation with my friend who is 7 months pregnant and she confessed to me, she was eating SOIL.

Like. FROM THE GROUND and her doctor said it was fine but not to give in "too much". I'm gobsmacked. I googled it and apparently its normal?

I'm very curious. If you have kids, what were your weirdest pregnancy cravings? Or did anyone you know have any weird cravings?
I grew up in Zimbabwe and it was quite common for pregnant women to crave earth due to low iron levels and some women would crave It just before they came on their period .

My wife doesn’t eat bananas but when she was carrying our daughter she craved mashed bananas with sour cream, she would only eat them if I prepared it for her .

• Heart
Reactions: 3
Pickled onions. I’d eat a jar at a time (and drink the vinegar). It gave me horrendous heartburn but I still had to have them.

Also, ice with my second.

Reactions: 2
I would chew on rubber bands with my 2nd child, the stronger the smell the better, I even cut a chunk of rubber out of a hot water bottle to chew on that!

• Haha
Mine was banana milkshake throughout my pregnancy and then for about 2 months I craved crunchy nut cornflakes 😋

I know of a few people who craved sucking or chewing a wet sponge.

I'm pregnant now and not had any weird cravings just yet!

Is it common to have no cravings at all? I never craved anything throughout pregnancy despite being anaemic. Had a few intense cravings post partum while breastfeeding though but nothing weird

I’ve heard of some women craving toilet paper 😖

Pica is quite common. I had an urge for sponges with my second. Best if they were soaked in warm water

My mum when pregnant with me and then my sister it was bubbles, as in she would run herself a really bubbly bath, get in and eat the bubbles 😭😂😂

I’m currently 33 weeks pregnant with my second, and same with my first I have become obsessed with brushing my teeth 🤤 literally the thought makes my mouth water?! Could stand there for ages brushing them but have to try my hardest not to do it multiple times a day as my gums were getting sore and my tongue was a bit numb from the minty toothpaste 😂😂 Also loveeeee chewing gum at the moment too 😋 Very strange!!

• Haha
Reactions: 6
I once read about a woman who craved petrol. She kept going to fill her car up for the smell, then started soaking a cloth in it to take away with her and smell and then she started sucking it. I think she went to the dr who had a firm word with her and she had to try to resist from then on 😲

• Wow
Reactions: 3
Pickled onions. I’d eat a jar at a time (and drink the vinegar). It gave me horrendous heartburn but I still had to have them.

Also, ice with my second.
Literally me.
Literally.......not pregnant 😂

pickles and gherkins are a gift from the gods.

• Haha
  • Heart