What is the average house price in your area?

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Out of curiosity. House prices where I am have rocketed for no apparent reason, I wonder how any young people will get on the property ladder when prices are nearly £400k for a 3 bed terraced with one allocated parking space (not a proper driveway)

• Sad
Reactions: 3
I live in the Midlands and the average house price in my nearest town (the county town) is £182,000. We live in a village, though, and we’ve just bought a 4 bed / 3ba detached for £375,000. I suspect house prices here will increase if wfh continues as we’re only around an hour from Euston on the train.

Surrey here. Depends what but a 3 bed is £400-500k depending where you are. 1 bed flat £250k.

• Sick
Reactions: 3
A 2 bed flat is about 180k. For a nice 2 bed terraced in a good area, it's about 220k minimum. 3 beds semi detached in a decent area are anywhere between 240 and 300k. We've seen some okay houses for around 200k but they need lots of modernising or aren't in a good area. We could probably afford to buy something decent here if we committed ourselves to not having kids for a very long time and both focusing on moving up in our careers.

However we want kids sooner rather than later so we'll be relocating this year to a small town about 10 miles out of our city, it's about 180k for a semi detached or end of terrace house with 2 to 3 bedrooms and very easily commutable for the city we work in.

ETA: We are in Yorkshire

Average house price here is £252k according to google (cardiff). It has definitely gone up in the last few years. When I first started looking to buy I could have found lots of small 3 bed terraced houses for £170-£200k, now it’s definitely more like £230-250k rising up to nearly £300k for anything in a better area or that has been recently renovated.

Just an example of people paying for a postcode...

£580,000 is the average where I live according to Google 😔

Edit: £530,000 i was wrong but still.

• Wow
  • Sick
Reactions: 2
£200000 in Cumbria.

Lake District will skew the average, I reckon it's less than that where I am.

Just had a look and can get a 3 bed terrace in an ok area for £120k

• Heart
Reactions: 1
London. It’s too ridiculous for words. Round here you can’t get a 3 bed terrace for less than 800k. And even then it’ll need work.

• Wow
Reactions: 4
£220,000 + for 3/4 beds in Nottingham. Our area has good schools so is a sought after area. Often houses come up between £160,000 - £220,000 that are terraced or maybe need a lot of working doing but they go quick

800k in Greater Manchester/Cheshire, sought after area and it’s relatively small so houses don’t always go up often and when they do they are high.

• Sick
Out of curiosity. House prices where I am have rocketed for no apparent reason, I wonder how any young people will get on the property ladder when prices are nearly £400k for a 3 bed terraced with one allocated parking space (not a proper driveway)
Where I live, you’d be looking at 950k for a 3 bed terrace. Crazy prices. Down south obviously 😂

• Sick
£394k in Hertfordshire 😭 even for a 1 bed flat you're looking at 220k+, up to an average 3 bed semi for £370ish.

To the people who live in London with these crazy house prices - what draws you to live there? Is it family, work, money, or something else?

Do you like to live there or would you happily more elsewhere where you’d get more for your money?

To the people who live in London with these crazy house prices - what draws you to live there? Is it family, work, money, or something else?

Do you like to live there or would you happily more elsewhere where you’d get more for your money?
It’s family and friends. I was born and raised here. There’s lots going on and in my corner there is a real community villagey spirit. I wish i didn’t have the family and friends draw to London, as I think it would make the leap easier to make out of London. We can’t afford a house round here. We have a large 3 bed flat. It’s not ideal.

not sure what our average is, just looked on Rightmov, There’s a gorgeous 2 bed terraced cottage on for £195k, there’s also a 7 bed detached for £3,850,000 which might skew the figures 😆
Our neighbour across from us sold in one day its is a two bedroom bungalow with drive, garage and gardens, lovely views and neighbours 😂 £325k.

I also googled it. In Northern Ireland the average price as of Dec 2020 was apparently £147,593. Bargain.

ETA: in my council area it is £195,801

It’s around 171k in the village I live in. The village I live in is mostly made up of Edwardian semis, ex council semis and three bed semi detached.

The average price for the town that my village is in is around 241k.

Work and the bright lights of the big city. Aside from world class restaurants and culture, I love the open-mindedness and diversity of the city. My hometown was Brexit and Tory voting and I have no affinity with that xenophobic insular way of thinking from mostly people who the Tories screw over. It feels different here.