What happens when you die? Ouija Boards - Can we contact the dead?

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I believe there is something after this life, not in a heaven and hell or religious sense but death can't be the end because that life force has to go somewhere. I don't believe we should contact the dead, that could stir up trouble but the dead can contact us and leave signs for us. When my father passed away, my mum and sister went to a clairvoyant evening and my dad visited them that evening, the clairvoyant felt pain in his calf, said the spirit was using bad language, knew my brother's name, knew my niece wasn't in the country when my dad was dying, said my dad was complaining that we had thrown away an expensive carpet. He also said that the pain in his calf was excruciating and that my dad was giving him the pain in his leg. My dad had a hole in his fibula that wouldn't heal due to an historic spinal injury. The clairvoyant knew too many things about our family to be grasping or faking. This has cemented my view that we don't just die

Reactions: 8
The thing I always wonder about heaven is, if I can’t wait to be reunited with my grandparents, then when my grandparents were young and their grandparents died, they couldn’t wait to be reunited with grandparents etc etc, then I wonder how much room their is in heaven for extensive family trees going back thousands of years.

Reactions: 3
I don't have the imagination or science to even try to guess what happens after death. What I know with certainty is that I'm consciously experiencing life at this moment, so this is the moment I live for.

Reactions: 3
I’d imagine it’s lights out like falling asleep.

Although if you agree with noted mathematical physicist Sir Roger Penrose’s theory of Conformal Cyclic Cosmology, over the space of countless years, our atoms will coalesce to start ripping the tit out of the next universe’s Jack Monroe equivalent.

It’s a more comforting model than religious (oh, to be a Bride of Christ loafing around having no sex for eternity) or nihilism.
wait can you simplify this? I don't get it

My grandmother died and we had agreed she would let me know she was ok, when she passed. It's been two years and there's been nothing explicit.. perhaps she's the one saving me when I'm an inch away from getting hit by a car but I don't fully believe that. Thing is in my teens I've had a few incidents of seeing the outline of a figure in the dark and feeling intensely watched, also had sleep paralysis once and felt something crawling up my body and a male voice whispering sinisterly in my ear (I'm not joking I was so freaked out). I tend to believe in a form of reincarnation, as in it's lights out when you die, then you may wake up in another body with no previous recollection of having lived before so it feels like one life.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1
wait can you simplify this? I don't get it
Simply put, it is a theory that the big bang happens over and over again, and that the current increased acceleration in the expansion of the universe at this moment is another big bang. It’s a big cycle of renewal, growth, death then renewal etc.

At this stage of theoretical physics research there is just enough mathematical evidence to nudge it up into a higher tier of what might happen to the universe but below ”inevitable heat death” and “big rip” theories.

Unlike religious models, at least science and maths can be revised in light of new evidence and understanding.

Here’s a link that could explain it better than me.

ETA I am a massive neeeerrrrdddd

Simply put, it is a theory that the big bang happens over and over again, and that the current increased acceleration in the expansion of the universe at this moment is another big bang. It’s a big cycle of renewal, growth, death then renewal etc.

At this stage of theoretical physics research there is just enough mathematical evidence to nudge it up into a higher tier of what might happen to the universe but below ”inevitable heat death” and “big rip” theories.

Unlike religious models, at least science and maths can be revised in light of new evidence and understanding.

Here’s a link that could explain it better than me.

ETA I am a massive neeeerrrrdddd
thank you that actually makes sense!

I want to believe there is something else after this. I do. But since my Mum passed away and I've had no "signs" as it were it made me doubt it. She wouldn't have just left me. I told her if there was something after to appear as a robin when I needed her and a couple of times that has happened but otherwise I see nada. No clear cut signs or something that makes me think ah there she is. I hope that there is something
So have you seen robins or not?

So have you seen robins or not?
Twice a few years ago but could have just been a coincidental robin as was winter time. Would have believed it more if I'd seen one recently when my Nan died or when I've been having borderline breakdowns during this BS that is 2020 tbh

My Dad played a Ouija board when he was young. Whenever it’s been brought up he goes really weird and won’t talk about it. I was scared that it had told my dad he was gonna die or his family were lol so my mum told me a very vague story about it. Basically the day after they’d used the ouija board the brother of one of the guys who was there was killed in a motorbike accident. Obviously could be a coincidence but with how my dad acts about it years later makes me think something bad was said on the board relating to the accident. I know that doesn’t really relate to what happens after we die but it does make you wonder who the spirits are that come through on these things. I’d be way too scared to use one.

I think after we die there is something else. I imagine meeting back up with our loved ones but it’s probably a way of not freaking out about death because it is such a final thing and hard to imagine it will happen to us all at some point.

I 'd never use one but I love all things supernatural .I remember when my youngest son was about 3 he used to go on about the olden days ,he was able to read at a very young age so I thought maybe he'd seen something in a book or something ,but this went on for a long time and was starting to freak me out we could've been walking in the park and he's just come out with random stuff about in the olden days this or that happened .I was thinking jeez has he been reincarnated from an earlier time was really worrying me ....until I found the culprit,, one Peppa Pig 🐷! he used to love it and that's one of the phrases she uses and as it's an educational programme used to give examples of things that happened .I was never as relieved about something in my life ...But I'd love to know if the bright light calling you towards it is true (no time soon mind)but it's always fascinated me..

Reactions: 2
When my nanna was alive she liked robins, she had ornaments of them in her house and when a robin was in her garden she would say that the robin was my grandad, he had passed when I was a baby.
Not long after she passed I was working Nightshift, it was about 2am in the morning and I went out for a cigarette.
I was sitting on the step having the coverage and then a robin came right up to me and was hopping around my feet. I ran back in the hospital all the way back to my ward terrified 😂
I do like to think that was my nanna visiting me, it was just strange to see a robin at that time of the night, it was just weird!

One Part of me thinks that when u die u r reborn again as someone else, and that we have no control over this so u could be born in a different country to what we live in now, different sex etc.
The other part of me thinks that it’s the end, we slip away into a dream state like what previous people have said.
I’m a nurse and have saw people die, nearly all of my patients have been very peaceful at the end and that brings me some comfort.
Other times I have looked after them before they have died and again afterwards before they go to the undertakers.
When they die they just slip in to a dream state and don’t realise they have gone, I think anyway.
We always speak to them as though they were still alive, I know most of them wanted their mum (a lot of elderly patients ask for their mums, male and female patients. I’ve realised as my experience of a nurse that everything comes back to ur mum or significant person who loved u as a child. One male patient used to always shout for his granny as it was her that cared for him.)
and I really like to think their mum or significant other came for them.

• Heart
Reactions: 4