What happens when you die? Ouija Boards - Can we contact the dead?

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
It’s in the title.
what do you believe happens when you die.

have you ever done a ouija board and do you believe they work? Are they evil?

I’m fascinated by this, but I’d NEVER do one 😂

Reactions: 2
I want to believe there is something else after this. I do. But since my Mum passed away and I've had no "signs" as it were it made me doubt it. She wouldn't have just left me. I told her if there was something after to appear as a robin when I needed her and a couple of times that has happened but otherwise I see nada. No clear cut signs or something that makes me think ah there she is. I hope that there is something

• Sad
Reactions: 10
I am not religious so I suspect it will be a enjoy life while you can before its lights out for good scenario.

Reactions: 9
Sorry to be morbid but I think it’s just all over! I think people like to think there is something more and something meaningful after because they can’t cope with the thought that this is it but this is all we have.

Reactions: 14
I’d imagine it’s lights out like falling asleep.

Although if you agree with noted mathematical physicist Sir Roger Penrose’s theory of Conformal Cyclic Cosmology, over the space of countless years, our atoms will coalesce to start ripping the tit out of the next universe’s Jack Monroe equivalent.

It’s a more comforting model than religious (oh, to be a Bride of Christ loafing around having no sex for eternity) or nihilism.

Reactions: 3
I’d like to believe there’s something after this, and a medium did once say something to me that she said my dad had overheard me say and honestly there’s just no way on earth she could have known that...however as Allthevest said, since my mum died I haven’t experienced anything and I just can’t believe my mum wouldn’t give me a sign if she could. I think death is the same as before birth, nothingness.

Reactions: 6
Energy cant be created or destroyed so I just like to think that the person's energy is all around, helping flowers grow and things like that.

I experienced a big loss as a child so I've had years of overthinking this. First of all, she absolutely would have found a way to contact me if she could, I did tell her not to scare me but I've been to plenty of psychic evenings, had personal readings, and nothing. I've got a great aunt who I've had a conversation with and she said she'll let me know if she can, if there's anything on the other side when she dies. But forever is an awful long time to just be around, watching family, waiting for them etc. I really just think its all completely gone. Remember the year before you were born? No. Exactly like that.

Reactions: 10
I like to think there is something beyond this life. It's a comfort thing and I don't dwell too much on it though, what will be will be.
At Uni we did a ouija board one summer evening and it was kind of interesting but then a bird slammed into the window during it leaving a trail of blood and guts on the glass so we took the hint and said bye bye to whoever/whatever we'd possibly been chatting to.
Another time(Uni again) we were reading a scary book about an actual local haunting. Just 3 of us girls in the room. So we just had the light from an electric fire and some smelly candles for atmosphere and so the reader could see. Anyroad, in the middle of an exciting bit where the 'thing' threw the householder down the stairs (I remember that clearly to this day:eek:) the bulb flew out of the ceiling light and smashed on the floor at our feet. Much screaming ensued and we never did finish that book.

• Wow
  • Heart
My son (9) said to me yesterday "when you die...do you think you are then in darkness for all eternity in the pain you experienced at the moment you died?"

😳😳😳😳😳

• Wow
Reactions: 14
Whether people believe in it or not, I did see supernatural things as a child and a young teen. Things that could not be explained otherwise, doors opening on their own, things flying off shelves and landing on the other side of the room, curtains closing by themselves. Do I think these things were caused by the spirits of dead people? I’m not too sure.

Although I do totally believe these weird things happen with no explanation, I don’t believe anything happens when we die. I think we just end and that’s it, we just cease to exist mentally and physically, like going into a sleep we never awake from and that we don’t dream in.

Reactions: 5
I’d like to believe there’s something after this, and a medium did once say something to me that she said my dad had overheard me say and honestly there’s just no way on earth she could have known that...however as Allthevest said, since my mum died I haven’t experienced anything and I just can’t believe my mum wouldn’t give me a sign if she could. I think death is the same as before birth, nothingness.
I had a reading aswell and she got my Mums name as someone coming through, which was very odd and she didn't have a standard name so that did make me think ooo er but that's all I've had. No "visitation" dreams. No signs to let me know my Nan got to her safely. It is so sad but I guess nobody will ever know as by time you're dead.... too late! (Come on Mother prove me wrong now!)

Whether people believe in it or not, I did see supernatural things as a child and a young teen. Things that could not be explained otherwise, doors opening on their own, things flying off shelves and landing on the other side of the room, curtains closing by themselves. Do I think these things were caused by the spirits of dead people? I’m not too sure.

Although I do totally believe these weird things happen with no explanation, I don’t believe anything happens when we die. I think we just end and that’s it, we just cease to exist mentally and physically, like going into a sleep we never awake from and that we don’t dream in.
A former girlfriend of mine once said when we die we won't know we're dead. Instead we will just go to sleep as per usual, and we might possibly continue dreaming in our unconscious/spiritual state. But the difference is that we can never wake up from that dream, and we may not even be able to decide what happens in that dream. But it will last for eternity.

She added that for those who are deeply religious perhaps that eternal dream will decide their fate - Heaven or Hell. But perhaps for agnostics and atheists the eternal dream might be a never ending journey of adventure far beyond what we had in life.

Reactions: 8
A former girlfriend of mine once said when we die we won't know we're dead. Instead we will just go to sleep as per usual, and we might possibly continue dreaming in our unconscious/spiritual state. But the difference is that we can never wake up from that dream, and we may not even be able to decide what happens in that dream. But it will last for eternity.

She added that for those who are deeply religious perhaps that eternal dream will decide their fate - Heaven or Hell. But perhaps for agnostics and atheists the eternal dream might be a never ending journey of adventure far beyond what we had in life.
That’s a really interesting way to look at it. It’s sort of the theory I lean towards most when people discuss death and what happens. The thought does terrify me though, I’m not afraid to admit, I am scared of death.

I hope there is something nice after death. My mum, gran, grandad, great gran, great grandad are all dead and I’d like to think of them being together as a family again. Because of this, I’m really not scared of dying and I’m probably a bit morbid. When my great grandad died he shouted “I’m off now” so I do think people know when they are about to slip off.

My family have never come through in any psychic readings or as ghosts but I am scared of that kind of thing so maybe there is some kind of block. I go knows?!

I’ve done some organised ghost hunts. Although I have always gone with the view that things could be staged/explained but always with an open mind. On each occasion something has happened that I cannot explain, on one we used a ouija board and experienced some messages, a marble raising and also table tipping (where the table tipped up onto one leg and tried to spin) whilst only people’s finger tips were resting gently on it. Very odd experience! My childhood home is also possibly haunted, my mum has experienced most of the phenomena which has included kettles self boiling, creaky floorboards, voices and the front room which always feels very cold and damp. The last owner died in that room. My little sister also had an experience when she was younger whereby she described a male and female couple whom she described as wearing Victorian style clothing. Only she could see them and she wasn’t old enough to understand what era their clothing was etc. They used to freak her out and she would say they were touching her hair and it would make her cry. My mum was very worried and even took her to the doctors in case something was medically wrong but they put it down to her imagination! One day she just stopped mentioning them.
However, we have also been to a few medium readings and my mum is always hopeful my Nan (her mum) will come through and she never does. But we are always careful and buy tickets from a friends card or cash on the door so the medium has no way of researching our names or Facebook etc beforehand to get information - just in case !

I believe so.

I have tried the ouija board a few times in my life growing up and it has never been successful for me. I am guessing because my company haven't fully "opened" themselves or taken it seriously. My mums family had often engaged (successfully) in the ouija board. I was always told never to do it when I grew a fascination with ghosts and spirits as a child.

My grandparents often used to sit my mum and her other siblings down (as children) and try to contact the dead who were frequenting their creepy Cricklewood home (it was a house divided into two, with another family living upstairs). Lots of strange things happened after they became obsessed with doing the ouija most evenings, any visitors who were so much left in a room alone in their home would leg it and refuse to come back, my uncle reported constantly waking up in the night and seeing two sinister figures with cloven toes stood in his room, they were haunted/terrorised and riddled with bad luck. My mum and siblings all ended up in a children home (which back in the 60s/early 70s was on a farm near the Kent coast) as my grandparents could not look after them, my nan was placed in a mental home labelled insane as she began to hear voices and see bodiless heads floating around her home. My grandad could not care for his 4 children on his own. They were living as a family again a couple of years later when they secured themselves another home. My nan recovering from her "psychotic symptoms".

They have told me many things which have happened whilst doing the ouija board. But one always stuck out to me. While doing the ouija board, the spirit they were in regular contact with instructed one day for the youngest female (my mother, who would have been about 8-9) to go outside in the garden. My grandad opened the back door and literally at that second the entire pane of glass from the window of the family upstairs fell out in one piece and smashed everywhere, lightening had previously struck part of the house and was the more "this worldly" explaination for it. It was after that incident the ouija board went from innocently contacting a dead persons spirit to something alot more demonic.

My maternal family is riddled with very bad luck. In particular my mum was very hard hit. Within days after the window incident, she was struck down by a car outside the family home, her foot had to be reattached. She was plagued by any illness going - often close encounters with death and just had incredibly bad luck. She fought a few unrelated cancers a few times before it eventually killed her. Even the doctor once said the chances of my mum getting many brain tumours (all different types and all unrelated to eachother) was like "lightening striking in the same place several times".

So I personally think that the ouija board is a portal to something alot more terrifying and beyond our comprehension than just a dead person.

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: 4
Ouija boards scare the tit out of me 😯
I don’t think I could ever do one 😂
it just feels like you’re messing around with some dark tit,
but I love reading stories about them, or about mediums when there’s no way they could know the information they’re sharing!

I’m atheist and think once you’re dead, you’re dead. I think people live on in their deeds and in the memories of others but I don’t believe in heaven/hell or angels or anything like that. I think mediums are charlatans who make money from peoples grief. I do like a ghost story but I don’t actually believe in ghosts or the supernatural.

When I went to bad after reading and posting to this thread last night, I had a very dark dream. A dream in which I didn't want to go to sleep because I was scared I wouldn't ever wake up again. And because I currently live alone, there would be no one around to wake me up!

I can't recall how the dream ultimately panned out, but I know I was worried I was actually dead in my dream and not know it unless I, or someone else, could wake me out of it.

• Sad
I don't believe in heaven or hell but when people pass they stay around.
I've seen passed people and had conversations . When I was younger it would happen alot but now it's only every now and then .

It could be relatives or strangers in a supermarket , the passed are attached onto them and come out to speak. Can't discribe it really .

I think it's wrong for anyone to charge people just to tell them a message . It's a gift to have , nobody should make money from it