What do you want to rant about today? #7

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Carry on ranting folks!

I've been a bit quiet on the ranting front recently ... I'm sure that will change and someone will annoy me soon. šŸ˜

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 13
My rant today, I am sick and tired of my ex, he treated me like absolute tit for years and I'm angry at my self for allowing it. We have children together one being a baby (who he hasn't seen since he's left) and he just walked out and left, said he was going to football and didn't come back. I'm doing ok but am just really angry. His mum was talking about taking some of his stuff today as he left everything here, so I said when convenient I'd like to uber all his stuff to hers and she replied that isn't necessary. It absolutely is necessary, I'm sick he has opted out of being a parent, sees our older children one day a week (one at a time not both together. His choice), I'm tired that he isn't being held accountable for being an lousy parent. As soon as I say something I'm the bad one. Sorry for my rant but I just needed to get it out ā¤

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 37
Customers who send an email, get a reply (which they clearly don't read) because they then phone up chasing a reply. Only for them to send another email OFF THE BACK OF THE REPLY asking for a reply.

Don't bleeping chase me if you can't even do the basic courtesy of bleeping reading your emails.

Reactions: 3
A rant about men (don't @ me with all of that #NotAllMen bullshit, if you're not doing it, congrats, this isn't about you).

I stumbled upon this video on insta:

Aside from the video which I enjoyed, just... read the comments. A lot of men being bleeping horrible about what it means to them to be honest. What irked me the most was this one:

fsddsfdsfds.png

I bleeping hate hate hate this attitude, it really can't even say how much I despise this "ohhh she's asking me to take on responsiblities for HER feelings on my shoulders". Yes dude, that is what we do. That is how relationships work, that is how we emphasize, that is how we care for each other. Not being brutally honest right this second doesn't mean we lie. Is it really truly SO HARD to think about anyone else but yourself for a second? How about some situational awareness? Taking the other persons mental state or current situation in life into account?

I'm sure he wouldn't apprechiate someone bluntly ripping his favourite hobbies to shreds, or telling him his beard looks like a f*cking toilet brush. And anyone who ever told a man in bed that their performance was less than brilliant will know that they are NOT apprechiative of honesty all the time everywhere either. There are women MURDERED for being honest with men, for saying what they think, saying no, or daring to even criticise (i. e. being brutally honest) with them.

Their attitude is unbelievable. They have zero empathy, zero consideration, dare I say minus points in the emotional intelligence department. They're behaving like a toddler who was told lying was bad so they blurt out the thruth all the time. Crying about how much work it is to be emotionally cognisant of the other person. I'm so sick of it.

• Heart
Reactions: 10
Matalan - every time I go they introduce a new ā€œruleā€ and itā€™s so tiresome.

here are my irks:
- the awful cash/card pay system: separate tills - BUT, hereā€™s the thing: if you are collecting a delivery from the shop you might (and itā€™s reasonable to suggest this) go round the shop and pick up some other items to buy. But when you go to the desk you can only collect your delivery from the cash only till and if you are paying by card for your items youā€™ve picked up in store you then have to join the queue for the card only tills (I donā€™t carry wads of cash) and the queues are always really long.
- today we were told they now charge 10p a hanger šŸ¤£ wtf?
- we were also told they have a new no receipt no return policy

I asked flippantly if they even wanted customers any more and got an unsolicited lecture from the employee about ā€œPROTECTING THE BUSINESSā€. I just walked off. Itā€™s a soul destroying shop to go to now. Theyve Also removed all the trollies so limits what you can buy in one go from the home section. Run by bleeping morons from what I can tell.

• Sad
Reactions: 8
A follow up on bloke screaming and shouting threats in the street yesterday (who I reported to the police) - today my neighbour tells me he's been hanging round outside my house since and she was concerned by it.

bleeping men honestly. I've had enough.

• Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: 15
Today's rant...

Son is going on holiday today. Flight at 6.30. it was really expensive to park at the airport so I've driven with him. He and his mate insisted we had to leave at 3 (it's an hour journey). We got here at 4.15. Which proved my point we should have left 30 mins later at least.
I can't drive well in the dark so am sitting here til 6 when it should be light enough to drive home.
My car is also making a funny noise.
Oh and despite me telling son to watch his speed about 20 times he didn't, and got flashed by a speed camera šŸ¤¦ā€ā™€ļøšŸ¤¦ā€ā™€ļø

• Sad
  • Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 11
IBS and anxiety. They go hand in hand so I never seem to have one without the other and itā€™s exhausting.

• Sad
Reactions: 14
1- I woke up feeling soooo ill today and I could do without it tbh. Becoming a regular occurs ve waking up with aches and pains and feeling sick :(
2- bus diversions and more specifically changing the bloody bus stops so you have to walk further to get it šŸ˜” only plus side is, it does stop nearer to where I live. But no information or anything about how long it will last.

• Sad
Reactions: 5
Today's rant...

Son is going on holiday today. Flight at 6.30. it was really expensive to park at the airport so I've driven with him. He and his mate insisted we had to leave at 3 (it's an hour journey). We got here at 4.15. Which proved my point we should have left 30 mins later at least.
I can't drive well in the dark so am sitting here til 6 when it should be light enough to drive home.
My car is also making a funny noise.
Oh and despite me telling son to watch his speed about 20 times he didn't, and got flashed by a speed camera šŸ¤¦ā€ā™€ļøšŸ¤¦ā€ā™€ļø
Make sure he gets the fines when he gets home then don't take them for him x
---
Matalan - every time I go they introduce a new ā€œruleā€ and itā€™s so tiresome.

here are my irks:
- the awful cash/card pay system: separate tills - BUT, hereā€™s the thing: if you are collecting a delivery from the shop you might (and itā€™s reasonable to suggest this) go round the shop and pick up some other items to buy. But when you go to the desk you can only collect your delivery from the cash only till and if you are paying by card for your items youā€™ve picked up in store you then have to join the queue for the card only tills (I donā€™t carry wads of cash) and the queues are always really long.
- today we were told they now charge 10p a hanger šŸ¤£ wtf?
- we were also told they have a new no receipt no return policy

I asked flippantly if they even wanted customers any more and got an unsolicited lecture from the employee about ā€œPROTECTING THE BUSINESSā€. I just walked off. Itā€™s a soul destroying shop to go to now. Theyve Also removed all the trollies so limits what you can buy in one go from the home section. Run by bleeping morons from what I can tell.
Thats crap what if people don't like self service tills like my 70plus mother? I haven't been in for ages but its better than it used to be. remember when they wouldn't let you buy anything without a matalan card.

Last edited:
Reactions: 6
E-scooters! We have a lot in my area and they just weave around on pavements or run red lights on the road. I do think they're cool but the handful of irresponsible riders just irritate me šŸ¤£

Reactions: 10
The combination of toddlers and babies is hard work. Squabbling retired parents, one with dementia one without, is hard work. A dog with high energy and a penchant for rolling in fox tit and dead things is hard work. Thinking about going back to work that I at best feel ambivalent about, feels like hard work. My partner telling me how wonderful everything is makes me feel like I'M hard work.

Just fancy a few weeks in a tropical climate but at this point would settle for a rainy cave in the outer Hebrides.

• Heart
Reactions: 13
I am so tired of having low self esteem and hating myself. I just want to wake up and feel ok. How on earth do people go through life believing in themselves and having confidence, being happy? I mean, if you do that is so great but I literally dont understand it. It's like watching someone sprout wings and fly to moon. I literally dont get it.

• Heart
Reactions: 16
Rant its my day off today and someone I don't particularly like at work has messaged me. wants me to swop her I do her Saturday and she does my Sunday. I do every other which is nice because Saturdays aren't pleasant in content I did a full year nearly of only working Saturdays. I haven't opened its on WhatsApp but someone else has messaged saying she's going to get someone else to message me about it too. Feel a hole because she needs to move out but surely you know this more in advance? Should I do it or ignore like she should organise better

Reactions: 2
Rant its my day off today and someone I don't particularly like at work has messaged me. wants me to swop her I do her Saturday and she does my Sunday. I do every other which is nice because Saturdays aren't pleasant in content I did a full year nearly of only working Saturdays. I haven't opened its on WhatsApp but someone else has messaged saying she's going to get someone else to message me about it too. Feel a hole because she needs to move out but surely you know this more in advance? Should I do it or ignore like she should organise better
Just say youā€™ve got plans already, not worth it if itā€™s someone you donā€™t really like and is unlikely to do you a favour back at any point

Reactions: 12
But does it make me look like an ahole if its something as important as moving out? What could my excuse be?
Iā€™m not sure how the rota-ing works in your place, but if itā€™s something as important as moving out then this is something she should have sorted out weeks in advance. If she needed to have Saturday free then itā€™s ridiculous that she has left it until 3 days before the move to try and find cover for her shift. Either way, I donā€™t think it makes you look like an asshole at all. Sheā€™s asking for a favour and if you canā€™t oblige then thatā€™s not your fault at all.

Personally I wouldnā€™t even give her an excuse, Iā€™d simply say ā€˜I canā€™t, sorry.ā€™, but if youā€™re worried about looking like an hole you could make an excuse like ā€˜oh Iā€™ve actually got a friend traveling down to see me who lives far away and I havenā€™t seen in agesā€™ or say youā€™ve agreed to babysit a niece/young cousin. I dunno, something random haha.

Reactions: 6
But does it make me look like an ahole if its something as important as moving out? What could my excuse be?
You don't need an excuse. Just say you've already made plans. They might press, but you can reply with 'I'd rather not say' and they can read what they like into that!

• Haha
Reactions: 9
Make sure he gets the fines when he gets home then don't take them for him x
Oh he'll 100% be taking them. He's convinced he won't get any though as 'cameras often flash but doesn't always mean you'll get a ticket'
We'll see about that...

1- I woke up feeling soooo ill today and I could do without it tbh. Becoming a regular occurs ve waking up with aches and pains and feeling sick :(
2- bus diversions and more specifically changing the bloody bus stops so you have to walk further to get it šŸ˜” only plus side is, it does stop nearer to where I live. But no information or anything about how long it will last.
Ah hope you feel better soon, waking up feeling ill just starts the whole day off on the wrong foot. And I completely know that feeling re bus diversions, before I had my car I travelled by bus every weekday, and sometimes the first I'd know of a diversion was either when I was on it and it sailed past my stop, or when I got to my stop and it had the 'bus stop out of service' sign up. The lack of advance info (or when the diversion will end) is always the most frustrating.

Reactions: 2
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.