What do you think is the perfect amount of money to earn per month?

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I would say £130k. It would mean the take home pay would be around £80k, per month about £5-6k, and that's a great salary. What is the ideal salary to you?

Reactions: 1
It's all relative to the kind of life you live. The house you live in, car you drive, how many kids, holidays etc.

Between me and my husband, we have a healthy income and do have savings. However something can come along unexpectedly in anyones life. We live in a big house, dating back to the 1860's and believe me, the things that can go wrong really add up. To be fair, we knew this when we bought it, but we got it for an absolute bargain for it's size and location.

We don't live beyond our means, but I think people assume we are 'richer' than we are.

Reactions: 2
Perfect (and unrealistic lol) for me would be a take home of £3k per month.

Enough for bills, fun and savings, without feeling like I'm losing touch too much.

Reactions: 4
Definitely relative . My husband’s take home pay is £5k per month (I’m a stay at home mum) but because of my children’s expensive hobbies we don’t actually have that much left over each month.
Our house is pretty big, but our mortgage is less than £1k a month, but we like to eat out, and buy nice clothes etc too.
I don’t feel anymore well off than when we were child free and earning less , if that makes sense.

I’d say about £2k a month for me, Of course more would be nice but that few extra hundred a month would really make a big difference. Me and my boyfriend rent at the moment we’re not managing to save but we earn enough to pay our bills, have decent food shops every week and still buy treats, clothes, takeaways etc. We have cars on finance so when they end we’re putting that money away as savings. People saying 5/6k is insane 🤣🤣 would love to know what jobs you can do to earn that kind of money. 🤣🤣

• Heart
Reactions: 7
I’d say about £2k a month for me, Of course more would be nice but that few extra hundred a month would really make a big difference. Me and my boyfriend rent at the moment we’re not managing to save but we earn enough to pay our bills, have decent food shops every week and still buy treats, clothes, takeaways etc. We have cars on finance so when they end we’re putting that money away as savings. People saying 5/6k is insane 🤣🤣 would love to know what jobs you can do to earn that kind of money. 🤣🤣
My husband easily takes home £6K per month. He’s a tradesman.

Reactions: 4
My boyfriend takes home 8k/month as a software developer! I take home around 1.5k as a designer 😭

I think the ideal amount would be about £3k a month. I currently take home £2k a month, my partner is £3k a month.

Starting to regret my career choice as a nurse 🤦🏼‍♀️😩🤣
£3k take home pay would be nice.....Husband gets anywhere between £2400 - £3400 take home pay depending on his shift payments and overtime.

I would say it depends. I’m a contractor and my take home a month is 5k after taxes. Still not enough for me because I’m a heavy spender and I like nice things😭

Pre covid we took home £5k. I’m a big saver so to be honest even if we took home double I’m not sure our spending would change that much maybe a few more dinners and nicer clothes.

When I was a student we didn’t have any money and that was hard but since then no matter whay we’ve earnt we’ve lived within our means.

Id say ideally £8-10k as a household would be the dream. I wouldn’t worry about money at all then.

I take home €2.5k a month, salary is €42,000 a year. My ideal salary (which is realistic) would be €55k.. roughly €3.5k a month.

Dream salary is €70k - €80k a year :love: