What do you miss about the 80’s?

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Ankle warmers with white stilettos
Going to see Wham in concert for £2.50! And knowing you were going to marry gorgeous George 😂
10p mix
Shopping in Tammy girl and C&A clockhouse range for teenagers
nightclubs thst played pop songs and everyone danced
Vinyl shops
Hitch hiking to Glastonbury and just sneaking in by crossing loads of fields 🙈

Reactions: 2
I used to love the run up to Christmas with all the adverts like Toys R Us and the decorations in our house. Also the Christmas songs that are now classics

Reactions: 1
Another 80’s baby 🙋‍♀️ I love the 80’s, I listen to absolute 80’ & heart 80’s the music was the best, I miss the Christmas build up, it was magical back then not like it is today plus had actual Christmas no1 songs, going out playing with friends in the street or going to the shop & buying a quarter of sherbet lemons, tv was better 4 channels, no remote control, loved my school, miss my grandparents, I had some good memories!

Reactions: 5
Ra-ra skirts
scrunch dried hair
choose life t shirts
sun in hair colour
jelly shoes
1/2p sweets in your pick n mix
Sunday night top 40 countdown
Rimmel ‘heather shimmer’ lipstick

Reactions: 4
Ra-ra skirts
scrunch dried hair
choose life t shirts
sun in hair colour
jelly shoes
1/2p sweets in your pick n mix
Sunday night top 40 countdown
Rimmel ‘heather shimmer’ lipstick

Heather shimmer ❤ I wore it proudly with dewberry scent from body shop 😂

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 9
Your mammy or granny cutting every single summer tee shirt you own into fringes 😐

1E426611-8EB8-4FD9-BE24-BF5731254128.jpeg

• Haha
Heather Shimmer lipstick 🤣 and Dewberry perfume from The Body Shop 🤢 used to drown myself in that stuff 😷😆

• Haha
Reactions: 3
Heather shimmer lipstick is still available to buy! I might treat myself to an amethyst shimmer lippy and roll back the years😂
Tucker boots and leggings, I was discussing this on another thread the other day, I have never stopped wearing leggings since the 80s

• Haha
I did buy myself Heather shimmer today! Straight back to the 80s😂
Then went into a charity shop and found the breakfast club and pretty in pink in the dvd section. All I need now is leg warmers and I'll be complete.

• Haha
Cycling shorts without cycling! Slow dances at the teenage disco - could make or break the night 🤣

• Haha
side ponytails all crimped with about 16 differently coloured scrunchies for good measure...

Smash Hits magazine, proper Xmas no. 1s, pyramint chocolate, wimpy parties, trainers with mahoooooosive padded tongues. Chopper bikes, Grange Hill, Neighbours when it was good, Prisoner Cell Block H, Holiday camps in the UK that entertained you like you were abroad, cones of chips in newspaper, penny mix ups, gaudy Xmas Decs, going out with your mates at sunrise and not coming back till sunset with no mobiles! 😳 cinemas that were like theatres with velvet seats and a velvet curtain, with a woman coming around with a torch to sell you ice-cream, proper family parties where everyone would dress up and dance in a dimmed living room 😄 going to the video shop to rent a title... god I miss being a child!! 😥

• Heart
Reactions: 1
side ponytails all crimped with about 16 differently coloured scrunchies for good measure...

Smash Hits magazine, proper Xmas no. 1s, pyramint chocolate, wimpy parties, trainers with mahoooooosive padded tongues. Chopper bikes, Grange Hill, Neighbours when it was good, Prisoner Cell Block H, Holiday camps in the UK that entertained you like you were abroad, cones of chips in newspaper, penny mix ups, gaudy Xmas Decs, going out with your mates at sunrise and not coming back till sunset with no mobiles! 😳 cinemas that were like theatres with velvet seats and a velvet curtain, with a woman coming around with a torch to sell you ice-cream, proper family parties where everyone would dress up and dance in a dimmed living room 😄 going to the video shop to rent a title... god I miss being a child!! 😥
my niece asked for a crimper for her birthday, she asked me to do her hair and it took me back 😂 Neighbours and Home & Away!!! I remember Pyramint choc but whenever I mention it nobody remembers 😩 Had a frightening perm too 🙈 use to use half a bottle of Wella curling gel on it everyday, looked like I’d been dipped in a chip pan 🤣 ooooh proper home made chips too 🤤

• Haha
my niece asked for a crimper for her birthday, she asked me to do her hair and it took me back 😂 Neighbours and Home & Away!!! I remember Pyramint choc but whenever I mention it nobody remembers 😩 Had a frightening perm too 🙈 use to use half a bottle of Wella curling gel on it everyday, looked like I’d been dipped in a chip pan 🤣 ooooh proper home made chips too 🤤
Omg I'm sure I had the same spray 😆 it never ever used to come out properly.. would clog in the little hole.. i used to top it up with water when it was running low.. I loved blue eyeshadow and black lipstick. My brother used to say my frizzy permed hair had the texture of pubes!! 😭🤣 I loved My Little Pony, Garfield, Thunder Cats, keepers, snuggle bums.. leggings that looked like sticks of rock, bumbags, long waistcoats in tartan fabric over white lace shirts🤣 Bermuda shorts and slogan t-shirts.. I could go on and on! I remember my parents getting a microwave and it was the size of like a fiat punto 😳🤣🤣🤣🤣 and everyone,.no matter how rich you were had a bloody horrible velvet striped sofa or a floral chintz thing🤣🤣🤣

• Haha
Omg I'm sure I had the same spray 😆 it never ever used to come out properly.. would clog in the little hole.. i used to top it up with water when it was running low.. I loved blue eyeshadow and black lipstick. My brother used to say my frizzy permed hair had the texture of pubes!! 😭🤣 I loved My Little Pony, Garfield, Thunder Cats, keepers, snuggle bums.. leggings that looked like sticks of rock, bumbags, long waistcoats in tartan fabric over white lace shirts🤣 Bermuda shorts and slogan t-shirts.. I could go on and on! I remember my parents getting a microwave and it was the size of like a fiat punto 😳🤣🤣🤣🤣 and everyone,.no matter how rich you were had a bloody horrible velvet striped sofa or a floral chintz thing🤣🤣🤣
Fiat Punto 🤣 I remember my mum buying a soda stream OD’d on dandelion & burdock 😆🤢
Had Rainbow Brite bedding and a massive hifi system I had no idea how to use!! Just played my Five Star LP over and over 🤣💃🏼

• Haha
Mongoose BMX bikes
Potato Puffs crisps for 10p
Ice Magic (put it on ice cream as a sauce and it “set” hard)
10p mixes
Being able to go into a shop with half a p and being able to get a little gummy bear
Garfield toys
Rubbers (as in erasers) that for some reason had been given a lovely smell
Big/Look-In/Smash Hit’s magazines
Bar Six chocolate bars
”Head” bags