What do you miss about the 80’s?

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
As an 80’s baby, what makes you feel nostalgic? What music, tv shows or food do you miss?

The definitive 80’s Christmas decorations!
Reading the Argos catalogue
Proper Cadbury’s chocolate
Game Shows on TV
Mix tapes
Top of the Pops
The ‘fashion’
The music!!!!

I could go on!!!

Reactions: 7
Make up and clothes! I never had a puffball skirt and if they ever come back into fashion, I'm having one.
Miss watching totp with all the screaming every Thursday night 😂

Reactions: 3
Make up and clothes! I never had a puffball skirt and if they ever come back into fashion, I'm having one.
Miss watching totp with all the screaming every Thursday night 😂
OMG puffball skirt I never had one either 🙁 had a shell suit though 😂💃🏼

• Wow
Reactions: 1
Mainly the Music.

However the fashions were quite good, especially Rara Skirts, quite a few girls in knew back then wore them.

• Heart
I miss my white canvas boots 😂
60 60 nights (60p to get into a club and 60p a drink) :love:

Crimping and dyeing my hair, backcombing it and spraying it with half a can of Bristow’s hairspray ... it wouldn’t budge for a week.

I loved all the New Romantic fashions at the time.

• Heart
Reactions: 5
I was a small child in the 80s . I miss the way people looked, like goths we saw on the street, I thought they were so cool. Party dresses at Christmas. And places that aren't there anymore, especially where my grandma took me.

Reactions: 6
I had a puffball, it was white and I wore it with a cropped striped jacket, thought I was the bees knees though it looked like a giant nappy.

• Haha
The freedom - going out for hours, no phones, no recording of anything, just making sure you were back in time for tea
And roller boots, I bloody loved mine

Reactions: 8
Those amazing brightly coloured punk Mohawk hairstyles that people had. I used be fascinated by those as an 80’s child.

The freedom - going out for hours, no phones, no recording of anything, just making sure you were back in time for tea
And roller boots, I bloody loved mine
Ah roller boots. I used to go to the roller disco every Saturday afternoon. Loved mine! Tried skating again a couple of years ago and I was not as graceful 😂😂

Reactions: 2
Seeing Pepsi and Shirleys clothing range in top shop, I was too little to wear them but can remember thinking how amazing they looked and so jealous of my older sister who had some of them 😂😂

And this orange desert from school. I recently found out it's jelly and condensed milk whisked together, then chilled and served with chocolate covered cornflakes.

The 80's was a great Decade for films so many films now deemed as "classics", Disney upped their game and delved into Science Fiction with success with the film "The Black Hole" in 1979 and "Tron" in 1982. A number of films gained the classification of "The Chick Flick", Pretty in Pink was a perfect example and a personal fav of mine. There was a few trilogies made, one of which became the most talked about, "Back to the Future" was a Trilogy which was a perfect family film. Even now all these decades later it's still talked about and probably one of the most memorable film of the decade.

Music wise, got off to a great start, new music, new technology but IMO the music scene declined around 1987 with the arrival of SAW who produced a lot of mindless drivel, however they did give us Kylie.

One thing that really changed was the amount of number one singles, during the decade the amount of number one's increased, not many singles stayed at number one for 4 or 5 weeks which used to be the norm.

The Christmas number one has always been the "Holy Grail" if your single made number one for Xmas it was number one for the following week.
This was because back in those days the Pop Charts took a break for xmas, I don't know when that changed.