Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

SavvyBee

VIP Member
Mum - money for a trip she’s planning, an ankle bracelet to match a necklace I got her last year, a coat and jumper she chose in Zara, a bag of hot chocolate flakes and a milk whisk and various caramel Joe&Sephs goodies, some angel wings pins for pillar candles, a photo calendar and some sleep spray/moisturiser etc as she struggles.

Husband - trainers, a few jumpers, pants, chinos, some nice photo books of recent trips with an IOU for doing all of our photos at some point this year! It was hard without being able to book much as usually I would get flights or tickets to something

Grandparents - photo calendar, a jumper for him and a lounge suit for my Nan, a set of Spode flutes that match the set she collects and the first two series of the Crown on dvd.

Step kids got loads, I shop for all of the smaller bits like their fav chocs, PJs / socks, perfumes and aftershave, makeup bits for the girl, gaming bits for the boy, clothes etc.

My close friendship group we did a table secret Santa for £10 and are going to do something nice in the new year whenever we can, a meal or a spa

Aunt - fluffy slippers and a HomeSense voucher
Cousin - a boots set, he hardly ever turns up so it’s a token in case he does

MIL - a metal wall art thing she wanted and two cliff richard calendars (she will get the four they sell in total and keeps them all in cellophane. Lunatic).

I had three new babies last year to buy for who all got a nice personalised Christmas Eve box. I got them all a new dressing gown / PJs, a little toy and a book each with the intention of seeing them before and they could go in the box but only managed to drop one set off with lockdown etc. One of my good friends had a baby recently so I got him a personalised box with bibs, a rattle, a baby’s first Christmas bauble, cute PJs etc. It was really nice getting photos from the mums of the older kids when they got the box out this year so I’m excited for that to be a little tradition I do for all new babies.

Oh and my Mum’s dog (my little brother!)I got him some chews and a bathrobe.

• Heart
Reactions: 2

bolimepipi

VIP Member
oh yes i almost forgot!
we also got our cat lots of treats, a new chewy ball toy thing, and a new green feather toy which she is in love with
she also got a home cooked meal for christmas with a selection of different meat and fish 😄

• Heart

coconochanel

VIP Member
Last year for a little extra gift I got everyone a Christmas mug with their initial on and popped a chocolate Santa inside.

• Heart

rainbowlemon

VIP Member
oh yes i almost forgot!
we also got our cat lots of treats, a new chewy ball toy thing, and a new green feather toy which she is in love with
she also got a home cooked meal for christmas with a selection of different meat and fish 😄
Lucky cat! My brother also bought treats for our cat from Dreamies.

Pets at Home although Amazon also have them! They come up small. Can’t say he was super impressed but it’ll be nice when he gets out of the bath as my mums house is freezing.
Omg that's so cute and something I would buy too. I just need a dog now!

• Heart

wastelandbaby

I have quite a small family, and we decided to stick to a budget this year because we're trying to live more minimally. I love giving gifts to people!

My mum - a new watering can for her houseplants, some fancy spices (she loves cooking), some socks and lipbalms

My gran - a new pair of slippers and a big tub of Celebrations (she is in a care home with late stage alzheimers so we are quite limited with presents, she doesn't know what to do with a lot of things and will rip up anything like photos etc.)

My best friend - some little decor bits to go with their newly decorated bedroom,some flowers from my garden that I pressed in the summer.

My friend who I got in a Secret Santa - some string lights they'd said they liked.

My grandparents on the other side of the family - some framed photos, we don't get to see eachother often and my grandad has just gone into a care home so my nan asked for some to go in his room.

I also brought my cat a new bed, a bag of treats and a new bouncy ball (she's batted all of her old ones under the oven)!

• Heart

kadykal95

Chatty Member
My husband and I didn't do gifts for each other this year as we are saving to buy a bigger house. I did get him some of his favourite chocolates though and said they were from the cat 😂

I got my best friend a Molton brown hand sanitiser and hand cream gift set and the new Nigella cook book.

Another friend I bought a hand made personalised bauble from Etsy with a picture of his dog on.

I got all my newphews either £30 gift cards to JD Sports, Footlocker or XBOX live and a NewLook gift card for my niece.

My dad is moving house so he wanted house stuff so i got him some new cutlery and a dinner plate set from NEXT.

I got my grandmother a calendar, some dark chocolate and slippers.

• Heart

under the ivy

VIP Member
Mum - 2 Pandora charms for her bracelet, Clinique cream what she uses, pyjamas, bed socks, chocolates,

Nana - Countryfile calendar, Radley purse (bought in the sale absolutely ages ago and stored away), hand cream, chocolates, M&S voucher what she will spend online

Brother (he’s 11) - Amazon voucher, drawing/art stuff, calendar/pencil case/notebook all with a space theme as he loves space, pyjamas, David Williams new book, haribo selection box as he doesn’t like chocolate!

Auntie - pyjamas, chocolate, hand cream/wash set, sign that says ‘2 spoilt rabbits live here’ as she recently got some rabbits!

Sounds like a lot but I save all year for Christmas. I also donated some toys in B&M to their Christmas present appeal.

Reactions: 1

Silly Sausage

VIP Member
Cat- An Icelandic sheepskin

Husband- Nothing since we don't do presents

Mom- Samsung tablet, case, stand, ear buds and a $100 Whole Foods gift card

EllaEllaElla

I made most a medium sized personalised hamper of which included the likes of a bathbomb and candle in their fave scents, thermal hat/scarf/glove set, personalised socks, fluffy slippers, sweet jar full of their fave confectionery mixed, a bamboo notebook & pen set plus I added in a small first aid kit.

Our cats got an advent calendar each plus -
Bambi - new climber thing because she & Beau fought and somehow managed to get poo all over it 🙈 yeah I don't know either 😂; a crunchy noise ragdoll & a glow in the dark blanket.
Beau - new bed, a soft carrot that's half chewed already & the same blanket.

The dogs: chew toys because they keep running around the neighbourhood and burying them somewhere. Never to this day have we ever found any. Cosy mats each cos they like laying near the open fire, and they both received a letter from Father Christmas 🙃

• Heart

slugella

VIP Member
The past few years I've set myself the challenge to buy all gifts from small local sellers either in my city or people I follow online. Feels nice to support them. :giggle: I haven't bought much yet for this year just one present so far - a watercolour print and frame for my auntie.

I don't go mad I just buy for my mum, auntie and partner.

Husband - Airpods
Mum and Dad - IOU to take them out for dinner. Bought them vouchers in 2019 and they have only just used them. Spring bulbs in a nice pot
PIL - local produce hamper. Spring bulbs as well.
Niece - perfume
Nephews - cash
Friends kids < 3 - cute leggings. I don't buy them much and don't like to buy 'stuff'.
Friends kids > 3 - probably a board game. I like the orchard toys ones

Bought my friend some Soul and Soap bits cos she loves baths.

Unsure about my BIL and SIL and their kids. And two other friends.
I love the idea of Spring bulbs!

Tinkerbell cat

VIP Member
LOVEEEEE giving gifts... Would literally leave myself skint if it meant seeing the look on everyone's faces :):love:

Boyfriend - Trainers, Molten Brown Aftershave - he wanted one for so long I just had to and it was worth it seeing his face!, Two polo tops, Football top, Some shorts for holidays when we can get!, Shaving set from Kiehls, Some white company stuff, Socks, Boxers, Chocs, Whiskey, PJ's.

Mum - Chanel Perfume, Shortbread, a top, a jacket, a little glass thing with a sunflower in it (mum/daughter gift), vodka, a joint gift along with my stepdads of their pic permanently on the wall at Anfield.. they are mad liverpool fans!

Stepdad - Paul Smith aftershave £20 a bottle - he loves it and I wasn't complaining haha bargain!, A top, A jacket, Joint gift along with mums, Sweets, Bottle of Baileys.

Dad - Two polo tops and some sweets... my dad and I always keep it simple.

Little Sister - Pink Gin, Mixer for the Gin, Lipgloss set, Nivea body set.

Big Sister - Crazy Tortoise lady cup, Metal Bookmark, A personalised family tree frame, A tortoise plant pot.

Little Brother - Football training top and scarf.

Niece - some little bits of glittery makeup and lipgloss, Smartie tube, LOL bubble bath set, Unicorn top and matching pink leggings

Nephew 1 - Spiderman bubblebath set, Lynx gift set (yessss i did it, i know everyone slags it off haha but he is 5 and likes it!😂), Jeans, little polo top, Smartie tube

Nephew 2 - playstation Cup, Playstation PJ's and Playstation voucher, Smartie tube..

Boyfriends Mum - Kiehl's Skincare set

Boyfriends dad - Top

Cat - Lots of treat tins, Stocking!

• Heart

fxckmanet

Chatty Member
Thanks to those who replied about my make up query. Ended up getting 2 BeautyBay own eyeshadow palates a Maybelline mascara and 2 Anastasia Beverly Hills lipsticks.
she only really wears it when going out out

coconochanel

VIP Member
I really enjoyed last xmas, very low key, my family all just got each other a couple of small things. Much preferred it, I really realised how unneccessary buying so much is , I love buying presents and tend to get swept up in the consumerism but i won't be doing it again
Yes its so easy to buy this and buy that and before you know it you've spent loads.

Nosymum

VIP Member
My daughter-dolls house, magnetic tiles, books, water painting stuff
Mum-dress
Horses-bag of carrots each
Dog- toys
Chickens-dried mealworns
Guinea pigs- new toys
nephew- clothes
Sil- voucher
Parter- Nike trainers and little bits
Totally stuck on my brother and dad who Also both have birthdays in December how inconsiderate!im trying not to go mad with my daughter as she’s only 2 and my parents will spoil her no doubt. I’ve booked a couple of grottos and Christmas trips for her too.

rainbowlemon

VIP Member
Mum - money for a trip she’s planning, an ankle bracelet to match a necklace I got her last year, a coat and jumper she chose in Zara, a bag of hot chocolate flakes and a milk whisk and various caramel Joe&Sephs goodies, some angel wings pins for pillar candles, a photo calendar and some sleep spray/moisturiser etc as she struggles.

Husband - trainers, a few jumpers, pants, chinos, some nice photo books of recent trips with an IOU for doing all of our photos at some point this year! It was hard without being able to book much as usually I would get flights or tickets to something

Grandparents - photo calendar, a jumper for him and a lounge suit for my Nan, a set of Spode flutes that match the set she collects and the first two series of the Crown on dvd.

Step kids got loads, I shop for all of the smaller bits like their fav chocs, PJs / socks, perfumes and aftershave, makeup bits for the girl, gaming bits for the boy, clothes etc.

My close friendship group we did a table secret Santa for £10 and are going to do something nice in the new year whenever we can, a meal or a spa

Aunt - fluffy slippers and a HomeSense voucher
Cousin - a boots set, he hardly ever turns up so it’s a token in case he does

MIL - a metal wall art thing she wanted and two cliff richard calendars (she will get the four they sell in total and keeps them all in cellophane. Lunatic).

I had three new babies last year to buy for who all got a nice personalised Christmas Eve box. I got them all a new dressing gown / PJs, a little toy and a book each with the intention of seeing them before and they could go in the box but only managed to drop one set off with lockdown etc. One of my good friends had a baby recently so I got him a personalised box with bibs, a rattle, a baby’s first Christmas bauble, cute PJs etc. It was really nice getting photos from the mums of the older kids when they got the box out this year so I’m excited for that to be a little tradition I do for all new babies.

Oh and my Mum’s dog (my little brother!)I got him some chews and a bathrobe.
Do you have a link to the bathrobe for the dog? Curious to see what they look like!

coconochanel

VIP Member
I adopted a bee for an old friend who is keen on helping bees and is an aging hippy. It cost £1, £1.50, or £5 depending on which type of bee and the money goes to help local hives. I was able to print out a nice adoption certificate and laminated it. Have also bought him a recipe book. And that is the extent of my shopping thus far.
So I have made a start.
Thats a good idea. My friend adopted a Donkey for her relative.

• Heart

rainbowlemon

VIP Member
I only bought for my siblings this year and don't give gifts for my parents or my brother and just bought for my youngest sisters (20 +17) :

Sister 1: Korean noodles, Cadbury Flake, Ferrero rocher chocolate, Tony chocolonely chocolate.

Sister 2 : Green & black chocolate, Ferreror rocher chocolate, Tony chocolonely chocolate bars x3.

It might not be fantastic or expensive, but I mainly just stuck with food this year as there wasn't anything they really wanted or needed.

My brother is obsessed with Lego even at 33. I got him some of the Lego Architecture collection which has been retired. He was thrilled and started building it straight away 😂 this is a man with a very serious job but he becomes a child when Lego is around. It was a little more than I’d usually spend but I thought what’s the point in buying tat he won’t want and wasting the money. So I spent a bit more and just won’t have my weekly fillet steak.
Well done on the fab gift. I honestly love Lego too!

Last edited:
  • Heart

JLXRD

VIP Member
Oooh good thread!

Husband - a PS5, a jumper, a top, pjs, chocolate and some biscuits

Niece - buckaroo, play dough, a jumper, some books and chocolate

Niece 2 - personalised teddy and 4 outfits, some chocolate

SIL - new make up brushes, chocolate

BIL - phone case, chocolates, beer

PIL - a Miller and Carter voucher and chocs