What did you GIVE for Christmas?

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
i was enjoying the 'what did you get for christmas thread' and kept thinking how nice it would be to share what we gave people 😄
so i will start 😄

for my boyfriend i found a special edition of a book he read as a child, about a man and a wolf travelling together, written from the perspective of the wolf, also lots of christmas themed spongebob squarepants and patrick the star socks 😂, some underwear, a few of his favorite flavors of cappuccino and some other drinks he likes

for my sister i got a nice astrology themed pyjama set, sushi socks, some jewellery and a friends holiday armadillo card

for my dad a few special beers, sriracha, chocolate coins (a tradition) and 2 pairs of christmas socks, 1 with christmas flamingos and 1 with christmas dinosaurs 😂

for my mom some jewellery (a nice earring-necklace set with daisies), a new pan, a hat, chocolate coins (again, a tradition) and christmas socks again, with penguins

for my grandma, a 'best grandma' christmas tree bauble, christmas socks, a nice card and a klimt-the kiss mug since it's her favorite painting

for my best friend a huge chocolate, a christmas tree decoration (i get her a special beauty themed one every year as a tradition) and christmas socks

for my boyfriend's family we sent a lot of food, drinks, various sweets, a nice bottle of wine, some local treats and sauces for his dad, 2 special hand-made christmas tree baubles for his brother and gf, and a locally made rose cream for his mom because she adores it

for my cousins and nephews i got lots of mini nutellas, cookies, chocolates and, guess what, christmas socks 😄

it's been modest this year as i lost my main job, but i know i put thought into the gifts and they all seemed to like them :)

• Heart
Reactions: 8
Good thread!

For my fella - a new coat that he asked for, rubber sole slippers cos he had ones that proper slapped the floor and he didn't like them and ended up always wearing my leopard print slippers 😂 best Dad ever socks, strawberry and white chocolate Lindor and orange matchmakers. We went going crazy for each other this year cos we have the baby

My Mum - a Sophie Kinsella book and a TK Maxx voucher. It's her fave shop

My sister - pjs and trainer socks that she asked for! And a box of mint matchmakers

My brother- he's recently got into drawing so I got him some watercolours and a sketch pad

Got all my nieces and nephews different board games each cos their at the board game stage

My MIL - a mug with a pic of her dog and cat on

My fellas Nan - a jigsaw with her dog on

• Heart
Reactions: 3
For my fella - a new coat that he asked for, rubber sole slippers cos he had ones that proper slapped the floor and he didn't like them and ended up always wearing my leopard print slippers 😂 best Dad ever socks, strawberry and white chocolate Lindor and orange matchmakers. We went going crazy for each other this year cos we have the baby
hahaha unbelievable, my boyfriend used to wear my leopard print slippers until i bought him proper ones for last christmas 😂

• Haha
My brother is obsessed with Lego even at 33. I got him some of the Lego Architecture collection which has been retired. He was thrilled and started building it straight away 😂 this is a man with a very serious job but he becomes a child when Lego is around. It was a little more than I’d usually spend but I thought what’s the point in buying tat he won’t want and wasting the money. So I spent a bit more and just won’t have my weekly fillet steak.

• Heart
Reactions: 10
My husband and I didn't do gifts for each other this year as we are saving to buy a bigger house. I did get him some of his favourite chocolates though and said they were from the cat 😂

I got my best friend a Molton brown hand sanitiser and hand cream gift set and the new Nigella cook book.

Another friend I bought a hand made personalised bauble from Etsy with a picture of his dog on.

I got all my newphews either £30 gift cards to JD Sports, Footlocker or XBOX live and a NewLook gift card for my niece.

My dad is moving house so he wanted house stuff so i got him some new cutlery and a dinner plate set from NEXT.

I got my grandmother a calendar, some dark chocolate and slippers.

• Heart
Reactions: 2
I have quite a small family, and we decided to stick to a budget this year because we're trying to live more minimally. I love giving gifts to people!

My mum - a new watering can for her houseplants, some fancy spices (she loves cooking), some socks and lipbalms

My gran - a new pair of slippers and a big tub of Celebrations (she is in a care home with late stage alzheimers so we are quite limited with presents, she doesn't know what to do with a lot of things and will rip up anything like photos etc.)

My best friend - some little decor bits to go with their newly decorated bedroom,some flowers from my garden that I pressed in the summer.

My friend who I got in a Secret Santa - some string lights they'd said they liked.

My grandparents on the other side of the family - some framed photos, we don't get to see eachother often and my grandad has just gone into a care home so my nan asked for some to go in his room.

I also brought my cat a new bed, a bag of treats and a new bouncy ball (she's batted all of her old ones under the oven)!

• Heart
I only bought for my siblings this year and don't give gifts for my parents or my brother and just bought for my youngest sisters (20 +17) :

Sister 1: Korean noodles, Cadbury Flake, Ferrero rocher chocolate, Tony chocolonely chocolate.

Sister 2 : Green & black chocolate, Ferreror rocher chocolate, Tony chocolonely chocolate bars x3.

It might not be fantastic or expensive, but I mainly just stuck with food this year as there wasn't anything they really wanted or needed.

My brother is obsessed with Lego even at 33. I got him some of the Lego Architecture collection which has been retired. He was thrilled and started building it straight away 😂 this is a man with a very serious job but he becomes a child when Lego is around. It was a little more than I’d usually spend but I thought what’s the point in buying tat he won’t want and wasting the money. So I spent a bit more and just won’t have my weekly fillet steak.
Well done on the fab gift. I honestly love Lego too!

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 1
oh yes i almost forgot!
we also got our cat lots of treats, a new chewy ball toy thing, and a new green feather toy which she is in love with
she also got a home cooked meal for christmas with a selection of different meat and fish 😄

• Heart
Mum - money for a trip she’s planning, an ankle bracelet to match a necklace I got her last year, a coat and jumper she chose in Zara, a bag of hot chocolate flakes and a milk whisk and various caramel Joe&Sephs goodies, some angel wings pins for pillar candles, a photo calendar and some sleep spray/moisturiser etc as she struggles.

Husband - trainers, a few jumpers, pants, chinos, some nice photo books of recent trips with an IOU for doing all of our photos at some point this year! It was hard without being able to book much as usually I would get flights or tickets to something

Grandparents - photo calendar, a jumper for him and a lounge suit for my Nan, a set of Spode flutes that match the set she collects and the first two series of the Crown on dvd.

Step kids got loads, I shop for all of the smaller bits like their fav chocs, PJs / socks, perfumes and aftershave, makeup bits for the girl, gaming bits for the boy, clothes etc.

My close friendship group we did a table secret Santa for £10 and are going to do something nice in the new year whenever we can, a meal or a spa

Aunt - fluffy slippers and a HomeSense voucher
Cousin - a boots set, he hardly ever turns up so it’s a token in case he does

MIL - a metal wall art thing she wanted and two cliff richard calendars (she will get the four they sell in total and keeps them all in cellophane. Lunatic).

I had three new babies last year to buy for who all got a nice personalised Christmas Eve box. I got them all a new dressing gown / PJs, a little toy and a book each with the intention of seeing them before and they could go in the box but only managed to drop one set off with lockdown etc. One of my good friends had a baby recently so I got him a personalised box with bibs, a rattle, a baby’s first Christmas bauble, cute PJs etc. It was really nice getting photos from the mums of the older kids when they got the box out this year so I’m excited for that to be a little tradition I do for all new babies.

Oh and my Mum’s dog (my little brother!)I got him some chews and a bathrobe.

• Heart
Mum - money for a trip she’s planning, an ankle bracelet to match a necklace I got her last year, a coat and jumper she chose in Zara, a bag of hot chocolate flakes and a milk whisk and various caramel Joe&Sephs goodies, some angel wings pins for pillar candles, a photo calendar and some sleep spray/moisturiser etc as she struggles.

Husband - trainers, a few jumpers, pants, chinos, some nice photo books of recent trips with an IOU for doing all of our photos at some point this year! It was hard without being able to book much as usually I would get flights or tickets to something

Grandparents - photo calendar, a jumper for him and a lounge suit for my Nan, a set of Spode flutes that match the set she collects and the first two series of the Crown on dvd.

Step kids got loads, I shop for all of the smaller bits like their fav chocs, PJs / socks, perfumes and aftershave, makeup bits for the girl, gaming bits for the boy, clothes etc.

My close friendship group we did a table secret Santa for £10 and are going to do something nice in the new year whenever we can, a meal or a spa

Aunt - fluffy slippers and a HomeSense voucher
Cousin - a boots set, he hardly ever turns up so it’s a token in case he does

MIL - a metal wall art thing she wanted and two cliff richard calendars (she will get the four they sell in total and keeps them all in cellophane. Lunatic).

I had three new babies last year to buy for who all got a nice personalised Christmas Eve box. I got them all a new dressing gown / PJs, a little toy and a book each with the intention of seeing them before and they could go in the box but only managed to drop one set off with lockdown etc. One of my good friends had a baby recently so I got him a personalised box with bibs, a rattle, a baby’s first Christmas bauble, cute PJs etc. It was really nice getting photos from the mums of the older kids when they got the box out this year so I’m excited for that to be a little tradition I do for all new babies.

Oh and my Mum’s dog (my little brother!)I got him some chews and a bathrobe.
Do you have a link to the bathrobe for the dog? Curious to see what they look like!

oh yes i almost forgot!
we also got our cat lots of treats, a new chewy ball toy thing, and a new green feather toy which she is in love with
she also got a home cooked meal for christmas with a selection of different meat and fish 😄
Lucky cat! My brother also bought treats for our cat from Dreamies.

Pets at Home although Amazon also have them! They come up small. Can’t say he was super impressed but it’ll be nice when he gets out of the bath as my mums house is freezing.
Omg that's so cute and something I would buy too. I just need a dog now!

• Heart
Oooh good thread!

Husband - a PS5, a jumper, a top, pjs, chocolate and some biscuits

Niece - buckaroo, play dough, a jumper, some books and chocolate

Niece 2 - personalised teddy and 4 outfits, some chocolate

SIL - new make up brushes, chocolate

BIL - phone case, chocolates, beer

PIL - a Miller and Carter voucher and chocs

Husbands grandparents - afternoon tea hamper

Sister 1 - asos voucher, alcoholic lollipops

Sister 2 - new look voucher, chocs

Brother 1 - asos voucher, chocs, beer

Brother 2 - PS voucher, chocs

Dad - American sweet hamper, whiskey lollies, wine

Mum & stepdad -eat out voucher, chocs, lollies, candles

Nan - tea hamper, candle, sweets

• Heart
Son - skateboard and pads, Amazon fire tablet, board games, felts and colouring book, science lab kit, torch, books, dressing gown, slippers and Lego watch.

Mum - PJs, slippers, earrings, book, DVD box set and a Photobook of the family.

Brother - Molton brown set, leather wallet, sketch pad and brush pens and PJ’s.

Brother in Law - 2 books, a coffee set and some Lindt chocs.

Cat - cat nip toy and a dreamies stocking.

Fish - food and a spongebob pineapple house.

Grandma - PJ’s and framed photo of the family.

Grandmas dog - treats.

Best friend - PJ’s and face mask.

Other friends - sanctuary hand kit and face masks.

Friends kids (I have 8 to buy for) - Christmas book and selection pack.

Nephew - Amazon voucher and Lindt chocs.

Ex partner (sons dad) - photo book of son, mug, smellies and wallet with daddy personalisation.

Ex boyfriend (I’d bought presents already and we’d broken up 2 weeks before Xmas so still exchanged them) - money towards a PS game, socks, Lounge wear, smellies.

• Heart
Dad - QNap Media server. Some DeWalt power tool thingies for his "ongoing projects"
Mum - Sauna & Indian Head Massage pamper day at beauty clinic, slippers, bathrobe
Sis - Amazon vouchers, Kindle, 32" HD TV
G/f - Sony PS5 games console, "other stuff"

Other friends and relations - chocolates, booze, vouchers, SD cards, flash drives, smellies, carriage clock, kitchen clock, biscuits etc

• Heart
I made most a medium sized personalised hamper of which included the likes of a bathbomb and candle in their fave scents, thermal hat/scarf/glove set, personalised socks, fluffy slippers, sweet jar full of their fave confectionery mixed, a bamboo notebook & pen set plus I added in a small first aid kit.

Our cats got an advent calendar each plus -
Bambi - new climber thing because she & Beau fought and somehow managed to get poo all over it 🙈 yeah I don't know either 😂; a crunchy noise ragdoll & a glow in the dark blanket.
Beau - new bed, a soft carrot that's half chewed already & the same blanket.

The dogs: chew toys because they keep running around the neighbourhood and burying them somewhere. Never to this day have we ever found any. Cosy mats each cos they like laying near the open fire, and they both received a letter from Father Christmas 🙃

• Heart
Great thread!

My fella- Lego (yes! 😂) Mr Bungle’s latest vinyl, a new kindle and cover, a tea pot he’s always wanted and some nice loose leaf tea and chocolate. He was beside himself with his gifts this year.

Sister- Fitbit, a moon lamp with a wee stand, filter coffee machine and nice coffee, perfume, Clinique skin care & the Ordinary, a dove bath set she likes, new PJs and fairy lights.

Brothers x3 - drink, chocolates, smellies and cash.

Mum - PJs, dove smellies and new leather boots (unfortunately they are too narrow, shame as she loves them)

BIL -aftershave, whisky, chicocies and a meal out voucher in a fancy hotel (cracking deal found on it so we’re going on a double date once lockdown over)

Niece- 1st Christmas so got her loads of Duplo Lego as her Mum said she was loving the small set she got a few months ago. Got a couple beautiful dresses as well.

Other odds and sods such as make up, drink, chocolates, restaurant vouchers etc. For some others (brother’s gfs mainly)

Went a bit crazy this Christmas but it’s been a tit year for everyone so treats were a must.

• Heart