Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Shinythings

VIP Member
Had the misfortune to watch that new series on C4 - Fur Babies. Absolutely awful.

Not only are they promoting hobby breeding for profit in a cost of living crisis, but rehoming centres are absolutely overrun right now with unwanted/unaffordable pets from the pandemic and irresponsible breeding.

The fact C4 thought this kind of show was needed and appropriate is a disgrace. Especially in the run up to Christmas, which is the peak time for unwanted pets to be purchased and discarded.

Not to mention the awful breeding practices they were showing and the lack of awareness of animal's behaviour/body language and needs. Awful concept for a program. They should be ashamed of themselves. The fact it was sponsored by bloody Pet Plan is beyond a joke too.
It was absolutely shocking wasn't it? I couldn't believe what I was seeing. I made my first ever complaint to Ofcom and Channel 4. Mindblown it was ever allowed to go out.

Reactions: 8

Sir Lancelot

VIP Member
Slow Horses, new season.

If this show was on BBC One it would be as big as Line Of Duty or Killing Eve.
Instead, it is hidden away on AppleTV and nobody sees it.

• Heart
Reactions: 7

Oheck79

I’m currently watching episode 2 of Beckham. I think it’s an upsetting watch. I can’t believe how awfully he was treated after the World Cup. Something should have been done. And he handled brilliantly. No wonder he still gets upset now talking about it.

• Heart

ranchdistressing

Had the misfortune to watch that new series on C4 - Fur Babies. Absolutely awful.

Not only are they promoting hobby breeding for profit in a cost of living crisis, but rehoming centres are absolutely overrun right now with unwanted/unaffordable pets from the pandemic and irresponsible breeding.

The fact C4 thought this kind of show was needed and appropriate is a disgrace. Especially in the run up to Christmas, which is the peak time for unwanted pets to be purchased and discarded.

Not to mention the awful breeding practices they were showing and the lack of awareness of animal's behaviour/body language and needs. Awful concept for a program. They should be ashamed of themselves. The fact it was sponsored by bloody Pet Plan is beyond a joke too.

• Angry
American horror story Asylum. Still think the reveal that
dr threadson is bloody face.
is one of the best moments in the show. I miss how great this show used to be

• Heart

Aussie

VIP Member
A Man Called Otto and that was a dumb idea. I have to keep pausing it to cry . the odd thing is i was trying to distract myself from crying like i did last night lol
I watched that on a long haul flight recently. I had to fly home to say goodbye to my mum, so I was already in a vulnerable state. Well fuck me, I cried & cried

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 6

Lola UK

VIP Member
Harry Potter and the goblet of fire. I still enjoy the film but they miss out sooooo much of the book! I can’t wait for the tv series, I hope it follows the book way more closely

• Heart
Reactions: 6