What are you listening to? #4

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Having big Scottish ancestry (even Clan Bruce hence my avatar is their coat of arms, by my dads late mothers family well her father lol)

Sabhal Aig Neill (means Neils Barn, though in Gáidhlig Neils got multiple possible spellings pmsl, Niall can either mean Neil or Nigel as in King Robert I brother Niall Bruce (one of his brothers) was executed at Killdrummy after his coronation when he went on the run as an outlaw to Islay (pronounced eye-lah) is such an epic song!

• Heart
Reactions: 2
Having big Scottish ancestry (even Clan Bruce hence my avatar is their coat of arms, by my dads late mothers family well her father lol)

Sabhal Aig Neill (means Neils Barn, though in Gáidhlig Neils got multiple possible spellings pmsl, Niall can either mean Neil or Nigel as in King Robert I brother Niall Bruce (one of his brothers) was executed at Killdrummy after his coronation when he went on the run as an outlaw to Islay (pronounced eye-lah) is such an epic song!
As a Scot, I can appreciate this. Love a bit of Runrig and this belter at the end of every wedding:

• Heart
As a Scot, I can appreciate this. Love a bit of Runrig and this belter at the end of every wedding:

The ending of that versions epic!

Clan Bruce (or Brus in Norman French or even is sometimes spelt Bruis) where yeah from Normandy, likely present day Brix.

Was Robert de Brus (ancestor of King Robert I) who moved to essentially what became (though not sure at the time back then was called that) Yorkshire (now North Yorkshire) is south but between Middlesborough and Saltburn, founded Gisborough Priory in Guisborough (whats left of it now lol) was given the title of Annandale (King Roberts father (also named Robert, hell of a lot of Roberts in Clan Bruce historically lol, think was the 5th Earl of Annandale, the Normans stepped up the nobility hugely after the Anglo-Saxons (who spoke Old English more a dialect of German sort of, where the name England comes from though Englaland meaning Land of the Angles, or Engle in their language hence England lol

Though is sad can hardly hear the Gaelic/Gáidhlig in this

Norrie's a friend of Facebook haha, was dubious if was actually genuinely him but it is haha

Last edited:
  • Heart
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.