What are the best presents you’ve ever received?

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I had to go to inpatient treatment for a while after a mental breakdown (I tried to end it all). My boyfriend bought me a Nintendo Switch and Animal Crossing to keep me occupied and it really helped get me through a rough patch and made my hospitalisation seem that bit more bearable. I'm still hooked on Animal Crossing to this day haha.

• Heart
Reactions: 13
In terms of sheer pleasure, the Pippin Annual I got for Christmas 1972, aged nearly four. I loved those colourful pictures and their rural settings and their innocent gentleness and humour.

• Heart
Reactions: 3
Toy kitchen when I was little. I loved it

when I was pregnant at Christmas my boyfriend got a ‘your first record book’ of all the firsts for the baby. I still go through it now I love it

same Christmas he got me ‘magnificent Mum’ socks it was just nice he was getting me Mum things when I was pregnant

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Toy weighing scales that came with plastic fruit and veg plus there was a little drawer that contained fake coins and notes.

A Cindy doll with the horse and all the horse gear and outfits.

The first ever bottle of perfume I got was for my 15th birthday which was Red Door by Elizabeth Arden. I still have the empty bottle.

• Heart
love this thread , I really like thoughtful presents, anyone can throw money at something (providing you have it) but I really value the thoguht and effort that goes into things ❤ . When I was a child my grandad made me a doll's house, it had wallpaper, lights that worked with tiny lightbulbs, a fireplace... just amazing. I still have it and will never give it away despite the fact that it is just in a cupboard :ROFLMAO:
As an adult someone who I met at a concert ended up becoming a really good friend made me a collage in a frame with photos from the concert, the concert ticket and some memorabilia. I was very taken aback by the effort and thought he had put into it 😻

As a kid, one of those big red and yellow toy Post Offices. I played with it non-stop.

As an adult, a KitchenAid. I’ve used it so much and it makes baking so much easier.
omg I always wanted one of these! I loved my fisher price kitchen and also (weirdly) had a fake supermarket checkout with the belt that actually moved and made the beeping noise, having later worked in a supermarket I was amazed I would have wanted tp pretend to do so for fun as a child 😅

• Heart
Reactions: 2
My little pony dream castle and a Commodore 64..

Probably not helpful for this decade!

• Haha
Reactions: 6
I love thoughtful gifts. My husband bought me a beautiful set of chopsticks as I love Japanese food. Also loved when he got me a kindle, I read a lot and was getting tired bringing a lot books every time we travel. This year he bought me gorgeous earrings I'd pointed out a while ago saying how lovely I thought they were.

when I was in school my sister got me a pen with a mini etch a sketch on the top of it. It was so fun and it distracted me a bit too much in boring lessons

• Haha
Reactions: 2
I got a wooden dolls house as a kid and it was my favourite toy. It was second hand too... it had no front either, wasn't a posh one. Cherished it for years.

I also got a desk one year when I was around 11 and I was so made up!

Menace II society on VHS when I was about 12.

Reactions: 1
My beautiful late Mum realised I had a talent for painting and drawing when I was a very young child. She was keen to foster that in me, and presented me with a set of Rowney oil paints for my 10th birthday. I almost peed myself with delight. I still have the original box and instructions to this day. And I was adept at painting in oils very quickly, producing work that amazes me now as an adult. I still frequently paint in oils. Thanks Mum, for the best present ever...

• Heart
Reactions: 6