What are the best presents you’ve ever received?

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Since there’s a “worst presents you’ve ever received” I thought it would be fun to make this one and give everyone some nice ideas before Christmas!

🎄

Reactions: 3
My sister has given me some wonderful presents over the years - last year, I got a UK map with marathons on it. I've also had a running jacket from her too.

This is going to sound sad; but slippers.

• Heart
Reactions: 2
I've had a teddy since I was tiny and it goes everywhere with me, always has. It was bought on a ferry to france and I adore it. I lost it when I was about 2 and I was devastated. My dad went back to France to hunt one down but they only made a larger version by then. It took a few weeks before I would accept it and even at almost 30 its in my bed every night. Its been repaired so many times it looks nothing like it originally did. My mum used to whip it out while I was asleep to wash it, and I once woke up in the night so she microwaved it and melted the nose 🤣🙈 my dads always looked in carboots, second hand sales and ebay for another and a couple of years ago he found one! He got it sent over from france and gave it to me for Christmas. I actually screamed with excitement 🤣 its nothing like my beloved teddy but I love that I have an original one. Best present ever.

• Heart
Reactions: 23
I’ve had loads of good presents over the years! But last Christmas my mum booked and paid for my eyebrows to be microbladed. I’d wanted them done foreverrrrr but it’s just not something I’d think about spending my money on. I love how they turned out so that’s up there with with one of the best gifts I’ve ever got

• Heart
Reactions: 5
1.Mini colouring pencils when I was 7 from my grandmother.

2. VTECH laptop from my parents that had spelling, math and music games. I spent hours making songs on it.

3.A paperchase journal from an old bestie.

• Heart
When I was a kid: A dozen massive and new cardboard boxes. Forget Barbie or pink Legos or stupid Christmas socks. One of my uncles always brought a staple of boxes to birthdays, and made us kids happy with it. - As an adult I kept that tradition, I buy my kids and my nieces a bunch of large moving boxes now and then. Makes them go creative to no ends and beats any other present. (y)

• Heart
When I was a kid: A dozen massive and new cardboard boxes. Forget Barbie or pink Legos or stupid Christmas socks. One of my uncles always brought a staple of boxes to birthdays, and made us kids happy with it. - As an adult I kept that tradition, I buy my kids and my nieces a bunch of large moving boxes now and then. Makes them go creative to no ends and beats any other present. (y)
For a little while during lockdown, a big name online retailer was including stencil outlines on their shipping boxes so people could give them to their children to play with 😂

Reactions: 2
I've had a teddy since I was tiny and it goes everywhere with me, always has. It was bought on a ferry to france and I adore it. I lost it when I was about 2 and I was devastated. My dad went back to France to hunt one down but they only made a larger version by then. It took a few weeks before I would accept it and even at almost 30 its in my bed every night. Its been repaired so many times it looks nothing like it originally did. My mum used to whip it out while I was asleep to wash it, and I once woke up in the night so she microwaved it and melted the nose 🤣🙈 my dads always looked in carboots, second hand sales and ebay for another and a couple of years ago he found one! He got it sent over from france and gave it to me for Christmas. I actually screamed with excitement 🤣 its nothing like my beloved teddy but I love that I have an original one. Best present ever.
That is adorable! 😂❤

Reactions: 1
My Ghd’s, mobile phones when I was younger, when I was about 14 my brother got me the box set of two pints of lager and a packet of crisps, that was amazing.

When I was 5 I got my Labrador puppy Ben forever my greatest present and had 15 very happy years with him. I will add it wasn’t a whim a dog was well thought about way before Christmas.

My husband is really good at buying the type of presents that make your day to day quality of life SO much better if that makes sense? Which is what I try and do with my gifts now!

One of the first presents he ever got me was the Bose Quietcomfort noise cancelling headphones and omg pre lockdown I was never apart from them! Brilliant for commuting and sitting in an office, I don’t have any need for them anymore as we’ve since had a baby so they’re in his office in need of new ear pads now! Just realised he also got me air pods which have been brilliant for being up with baby in the night so I can listen to an audio book or podcast whilst waiting for her to re settle

Reactions: 4
Your parents sound absolutely magnificent! :love:

• Heart
Reactions: 4
OMG - Mr Happy NEVER gives me a birthday card or Xmas card, but about ten years ago I saw one under the tree. I saved it until last to open it and couldn't understand why he'd put a card under the tree, then I opened it ...

He'd typed a note inside saying that he knew I liked the Coliseum in Rome, but this time he was taking me to The Colosseum in Las Vegas to see Celine Dion. He'd booked flights, hotel, theatre, helicopter ride over the Hoover Dam which landed for us to have lunch before returning, hired a car to take us across the Nevada Desert to Santa Monica where we stayed a few nights too. It was amazeballs. 😍

Reactions: 7
Three best presents all from my late sister

One a day out, breakfast at Harrods, lunch at Covent garden and a show (Bloody brothers) in the evening

Two a huge package that had lots of things in that had to be opened one every hour of my birthday, filled with jokes, inspirational things, happy things, little toys like worry people etc

Three ..a huge oversize thick bathrobe that is now about 18 years old and I use it every day and it still looks as good as it did when she gave me it.

• Heart
Reactions: 10
As I get older I really appreciate good quality things that I can use everyday and sometimes wouldn’t spend the money on myself. 😂

So for me it’s

Wool mittens that I got 5 years ago when I moved to Norway
Extra warm down duvet, gives me joy everyday
Dutch oven pot, I use almost every day since I got it last year
Heated blanket

I guess I like being kept warm 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 7
I think a trip to Paris was the best I've received.

Unfortunately can't think of much else. My birthday is in Dec too so kinda merges into one.

My first mobile phone and laptop when I was 18 in 2001 and it was a big deal to have these things.

A trip to New York for my 21st in 2004 when my mum came into some money for a time.

I always did well for presents growing up as I had a big family, but those stand out especially the NY trip because we could never afford real holidays abroad and still don't nowdays, so it was a once in a lifetime thing.

As a kid, one of those big red and yellow toy Post Offices. I played with it non-stop.

As an adult, a KitchenAid. I’ve used it so much and it makes baking so much easier.

Of all time? a plush toy of my favourite cartoon character from when I was about ten. Oh I talked about it for MONTHS. I really wanted it. Christmas came and I waited, opening every present, until there was one left. And there he was. I cried. Eleven years on he has been on holiday and to countless hospital stays, looking a bit worse for wear by now. But it will always, always be my favourite present. 🥰

• Heart