What are some insider secrets?

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Could be from your own profession (general industry stuff or maybe a specific controversy or joke).

Reactions: 3
Not a biggie (my aunt was a NHS whistle blower), but Royal mail and their union have agreed to a deal. ;)

It will be publicly announced maybe tomorrow onwards. My relative wants to buy back the shares they panic sold when Royal mail threatened insolvency.
---
Also if you're also super nice to your local barista or hairstylist in general they will give you freebies.

Reactions: 4
Not a biggie (my aunt was a NHS whistle blower), but Royal mail and their union have agreed to a deal. ;)

It will be publicly announced maybe tomorrow onwards. My relative wants to buy back the shares they panic sold when Royal mail threatened insolvency.
---
Also if you're also super nice to your local barista or hairstylist in general they will give you freebies.
The CWU have announced this on their social media so it’s already pretty public. It’s a ‘provisional’ agreement though- it has to go to a vote yet (again also stated on the same post) and from what I’ve seen already no-one is exactly enamoured with any of it (I’m married to a postie)

There’s an all out strike of the PCS union on the 28th of April (I don’t think this is especially a secret though) The union have rejected the government’s pay offer and the government have publicly stated that they aren’t bothered about the financial aspects of the civil service strikes. There are some grades in some departments who are technically at the moment on less than minimum wage and some who are on less than living wage hence the strikes (I’m one of them- I looked at a retail job yesterday that was a heck of a lot less responsibility and better hours than my job that paid £2 per hour more. If I could physically do the retail job I would be first in the queue to apply!)

• Heart
Reactions: 2
I think it's been announced. What did she blow the whistle on or would you rather not say?

One I didn't know is the 'help' (what is the word? lol) on websites can read your query before you've sent it, supposedly to speed stuff up. So be careful what you type lol.

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: 5
I think it's been announced. What did she blow the whistle on or would you rather not say?

One I didn't know is the 'help' (what is the word? lol) on websites can read your query before you've sent it, supposedly to speed stuff up. So be careful what you type lol.
This is true! I used to work in web chat and we could see what customers were typing before they hit send. Lost count of the amount of times people have typed "duck off" or something then deleted it and replaced with "thanks for your help" lol Also you get lots of seedy old men typing rude stuff then deleting it

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 19
Consulting companies are mostly a bunch of people wearing suits pretending they know what they’re doing
(Probably valid for a few other professions out there 😂)

• Haha
Reactions: 8
Call centre operators can hear you when they put you on hold!
I always assumed this which is why I'm so irritated whenever someone asks me how it's going? what did they say? etc. So awkward lol.

Not very exciting but if you buy the asda counter pizzas, there's a good 90% change the base of the pizza has been dropped on the floor at some point and picked up again and used.

I've been to 5 different stores to cover, and seen it happen at them all.
Usually when they're being got out the freezer as the boxes are so weak. So they end up on the floor and reboxed 🙃

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 10
Not very exciting but if you buy the asda counter pizzas, there's a good 90% change the base of the pizza has been dropped on the floor at some point and picked up again and used.

Usually when they're being got out the freezer as the boxes are so weak. So they end up on the floor and reboxed 🙃
5 second rule :ROFLMAO:🤷‍♀️

• Haha

My Dad has been a postie for over 20 years and he's told me something else he's heard, I can't post it but jeeeeesh, if it gets passed then there will be chaos for RM!!!

Reactions: 2
I know that those bread rolls that you drop on the floor at Morrisons and a member of staff pick them up and say they are going in the waste, they just take them back to the bakery and get re wrapped and sold on. Lovely 🤤🤫

• Sick
  • Haha
My Dad has been a postie for over 20 years and he's told me something else he's heard, I can't post it but jeeeeesh, if it gets passed then there will be chaos for RM!!!
There’s a lot of Chinese whispers going round at the
minute but husband says things are pretty tense for that reason.

The whilstleblower thing was along the lines of about hiring people who weren’t necessarily qualified for the role. Putting patents at risk.

• Sad
Reactions: 1
I always assumed this which is why I'm so irritated whenever someone asks me how it's going? what did they say? etc. So awkward lol.
This would only happen if they’re just “muting” themselves.
If they’re using a true hold, they shouldn’t be able to hear you. So if you can hear call hold music you’re good, if it’s just silence, you’re on mute and they can hear you!

This also happens in restaurant kitchens. I used to work in one and whenever we’d drop food on the floor, the supervisor would just say stick it back on the grill for 5 mins and burn off the bacteria 😂. Had a 5* hygiene rating and everything lmfao.

• Wow