Weird Or Oddly 'Normal' Things People Do (nothing dodgy)

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
As soon as my husband gets up and goes downstairs the tv goes on. Whether hes watching or not its on. If he goes outside its still on.
I do the same thing, I drive my husband nuts but mines more of I can’t have silence at any time, even rocking the baby to sleep, tele on, doing anything, there has to be background noise and yes even putting the washing out, my tv will be on

Reactions: 3
I don't know if this is weird but it's weird to me, my partner brushes his teeth with hot water. I think that must be the least refreshing way to a clean mouth
Definitely weird to me too! Also does the hot water not ruin his toothbrushes really quickly? 😳
---
I do the same thing, I drive my husband nuts but mines more of I can’t have silence at any time, even rocking the baby to sleep, tele on, doing anything, there has to be background noise and yes even putting the washing out, my tv will be on
I definitely get the companionship side of the tv being on for long periods, seems quite a few people do this. Interesting isn't it. It was always drummed into me as a kid that the tv must only be on if there's a definite programme to watch. Now if I'm alone in the evening I'm more likely to have the telly on for a bit of background, but always on mute unless I'm actually watching it.

Last edited:
Its always blasting. He's always shouting over it. Its just totally unnecessary. And yes... I am constantly turning it off. He always comes in 20 minutes later asking why I've turned it off.
When we go out I have to tell him to turn it off. It's not natural at all for him!

I should have known tbh. Its my own fault. When we both lived at home he would leave the TV on and his family never said anything so it's obviously just their norm!
I always have the tv on too. More just for background noise as I WFH but even if I'm just reading in the evenings, I have the tv on and some programme I've probably seen 100x over just on in the background.

Reactions: 5
When I'm travelling in a vehicle, I count 1,2,3 up to telegraph poles, signposts etc. or marks on the road (like pothole repairs). It's from when I rode horses and was learning to jump, instructor had me shout the last three strides before the jump. The telegraph poles etc. are the "jump". I've done it most of my life now.

Only when I'm sat in a front seat, mind. Oh, and I'm counting in my head, not out loud!

With the hot water teeth brushing, does the partner have teeth that are sensitive to cold? I use warm water because of this.

when I’m buying milk if there is one that’s left on it’s own, I’ll have to get it so it’s not on its own. If there’s 2 left on one shelf, I’ll chose one from the next shelf, so that one isn’t left behind on its own.

• Heart
Reactions: 11
When I'm travelling in a vehicle, I count 1,2,3 up to telegraph poles, signposts etc. or marks on the road (like pothole repairs). It's from when I rode horses and was learning to jump, instructor had me shout the last three strides before the jump. The telegraph poles etc. are the "jump". I've done it most of my life now.

Only when I'm sat in a front seat, mind. Oh, and I'm counting in my head, not out loud!
That's interesting about counting down to the telegraph poles or obstacles. Certain habits we've learned when young just stay with us don't they. Glad youre counting in your head though & not out loud! I bet you barely notice you're doing it. x

when I’m buying milk if there is one that’s left on it’s own, I’ll have to get it so it’s not on its own. If there’s 2 left on one shelf, I’ll chose one from the next shelf, so that one isn’t left behind on its own.
I've only just seen this. I can see how this seems weird but in a kind of humanising way at least you're thinking of the welfare of the milk on the shelves! 😊🥛

Reactions: 1
Aw I do similar things. Like if I need to bin some veg or something that went off I apologise to it to say sorry it didn't fulfill its destiny of being eaten lol

• Haha
Reactions: 8
The tv volume can only be on a number divisible by 5. If it’s on 23 let’s say, i can’t do it. It will have to go up or down.

• Wow
Reactions: 4
Aw I do similar things. Like if I need to bin some veg or something that went off I apologise to it to say sorry it didn't fulfill its destiny of being eaten lol
I can relate to the idea of apologising to uneaten food.... and being a tad frustrated with myself too for not using it. x
---
The tv volume can only be on a number divisible by 5. If it’s on 23 let’s say, i can’t do it. It will have to go up or down.
I get you totally on this! I like the tv volume on even numbers though, so 12, 16, 20 etc. Weird innit?! 😂

Reactions: 4
I can't set the morning alarm for anything on the hour or half hour. It's something like 7.34am or 7.17am.
I don't know why.

When you have a box of items (spoons, cups and saucers) each fitted in a designated position and one is missing. I have to fill in the slot or throw the box away as I can't bear the empty place. It really upsets me.

• Sad
Reactions: 2
I like the tv on for background noise I fall asleep to tv when husband is away. I need noise to sleep to.

Probably a bit weirder but I will give tv weather people nicknames like bellend cnut and tittyanna. I'm not going to say who those weather people are. Everytime bellend comes on tv I say his nickname.

• Haha
Reactions: 6

With the hot water teeth brushing, does the partner have teeth that are sensitive to cold? I use warm water because of this.
I rode when I was young too and while I don't count, I do mentally 'jump' poles in my head as well.

I like the tv on for background noise I fall asleep to tv when husband is away. I need noise to sleep to.

Probably a bit weirder but I will give tv weather people nicknames like bellend cnut and tittyanna. I'm not going to say who those weather people are. Everytime bellend comes on tv I say his nickname.
I know who that weatherman is without a name needing to be said :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
I speak to myself when I'm alone in the house. Not actually chat, just the odd thing like 'Right, that's that!' if I've finished doing something, or 'What'll I have to eat?' as I wander into the kitchen... Bit weird.

Reactions: 5