Wedding gift

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Depending on how much you can afford and how much the wedding has cost, I would give £50.

Reactions: 2
I usually give about £50. I gave £70 to my BFF and £100 to my sister. My partner accused me of being tight with money so I'll be interested if anyone else responds to this thread! And what people give if it's night-do.only?

I usually give about £50. I gave £70 to my BFF and £100 to my sister. My partner accused me of being tight with money so I'll be interested if anyone else responds to this thread! And what people give if it's night-do.only?
My best friend gets married soon and I am going to be bridesmaid this seems a reasonable amount too me as shes going to be asking for money and I had no idea how much you give sort of thing, x

Depends on how much I like the person lol some one I was in the bridal party for or family I would do £100 unless you have had to contribute for your dress etc . Anyone else I would do £50.

When me and my husband go to weddings we follow this:
Attending all day: £100
Evening only: £30
Bridal Party or Groomsman: £200

Reactions: 1
Depends on how much I like the person lol some one I was in the bridal party for or family I would do £100 unless you have had to contribute for your dress etc . Anyone else I would do £50.
I have one of my best friends weddings in 2 weeks and I’m a bridesmaid but have paid out quite a lot already for the wedding - we paid half of our dresses, paying for own hair and makeup and I’ve also paid for 2 hen dos as one got cancelled and I haven’t been able to get my money back from the company.What would you all recommend in this instance?

As a member of the bridal party, is cash an acceptable gift? If yes, how much would you give?
It’s all about how much you can comfortably afford. I’ve given gifts anywhere from £30 to £250 (my circumstances improved hence the leap in gift) .

I’ve also given vouchers for date days : clay pigeon shooting, comedy nights etc .

Reactions: 3
I have one of my best friends weddings in 2 weeks and I’m a bridesmaid but have paid out quite a lot already for the wedding - we paid half of our dresses, paying for own hair and makeup and I’ve also paid for 2 hen dos as one got cancelled and I haven’t been able to get my money back from the company.What would you all recommend in this instance?
In your case, I would say as much as you think can afford. Do you know the other bridesmaids, could you all agree an amount together and maybe club together so it looks bigger if you know what I mean. If you have forked out so much already I would probably be looking at the lower end of the scale like £50.

Reactions: 5
I’m in a similar situation 😬 obviously happy to be bridesmaid, but for this wedding I would have paid over £500 🙈 definitely can’t afford another £100 gift on top

• Wow
Reactions: 5
Depends where it is- if it’s in Ireland/Irish friends/family we tend to do £1-150 depending on how close. We did £150 when my other half was a groomsman but would have done more if we hadn’t already spent around £800 on hotels, car hire and flights.

Over here we would tend to do £50-80 depending on how close we are to them

When I got married last year , we didn’t get any physical cash of our bridesmaid or best man (married together )because their gift to us was the overnight stay on the wedding night which was so thoughtful and they also had contributed a long the way with the hen party and stag party

Reactions: 3
I’m in a similar situation 😬 obviously happy to be bridesmaid, but for this wedding I would have paid over £500 🙈 definitely can’t afford another £100 gift on top
Okay you’ve spent WAAAY more than I have! As someone else has said £500 is nuts!

It’s crazy how expensive weddings get!

Okay you’ve spent WAAAY more than I have! As someone else has said £500 is nuts!

It’s crazy how expensive weddings get!
I’m glad you’re saying this, I’ve been thinking in my head ‘am I really stingy?!?’ I know it’s all relative, but her two other bridesmaids have better paying jobs than me, and so things like the hen kept getting more and more expensive 😭

I love the bride, she’s one of my best friends of course I want her to have a special day, but I’m spending £500 for someone else to get married! Meanwhile I have no savings and our house needs reno 🙈

I think back in the day, a hen would be a night out, traditionally the bride would pay for the dress, hair, make up, etc etc. It’s not the same anymore! I blame social media (which I blame for everything) 🤣

It depends on how much you are already spending. I would say £50-£150 is an acceptable amount.

At home In Ireland we always do £100-£200 per person / per couple (would still not give less than £100 if single) but since living in England £50 per couple seems to be the going rate here!
I’ve had friends in England tell me that £100 is far too much as a gift! culture shock for me