Wedding gift help

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Guys I need help- my other half and I are both in the wedding party of our best friends at the end of the month and I’m drawing a complete blank on a wedding gift for them! They have a gift list and have asked for money for their honey moon but as a bridesmaid and groomsman I feel like we should do something more special … but not sure what.
For anyone who’s already got married, what was your favourite gift from your wedding party or if you’ve been in the same position what did you give?
All ideas welcome!

Reactions: 2
Guys I need help- my other half and I are both in the wedding party of our best friends at the end of the month and I’m drawing a complete blank on a wedding gift for them! They have a gift list and have asked for money for their honey moon but as a bridesmaid and groomsman I feel like we should do something more special … but not sure what.
For anyone who’s already got married, what was your favourite gift from your wedding party or if you’ve been in the same position what did you give?
All ideas welcome!
do you know where the honey moon is? If so what about buying an experience?

Reactions: 1
I’ve been bridesmaid twice, for one I got one of their engagement photos printed and framed. She had sent me a link as a sneak peak so I did it without her knowing and knew they didn’t have any printed!

For the other, they got married in a nice hotel by the sea and I got them a voucher for a meal to have in their venue after the wedding as a post wedding come down treat!

Where are they travelling?! You could get them dollars or euros if they want money?

I think most people give money as gifts now you can get some really nice personalised keepsakes on places like etsy if they would like something like that.
We got mostly money for our wedding and I used some of it to get the lyrics to our first dance song and the words to our readings at our ceremony printed out nicely and put them in fancy frames. Just an alternative way to rambert the bag day

I’ve been a bridesmaid 7 (!!) times (ranging from some of the best days of my life to the absolute worse) things I have got the couple;

- a weekend trip to a fancy hotel (budget depending I,e the pig etc) - could also go half with another friend to make the budget bigger
- restaurant voucher but somewhere special - I got my friends a voucher for the river cafe in London
- le creuset dish
- I actually bought one friend an expensive pan (hilarious I know) and then bought them a voucher for a fancy butchers near their house so they could get a proper steak / deli bits and have a night together

hope that gives you some inspo! X

I’ve been a bridesmaid 7 (!!) times (ranging from some of the best days of my life to the absolute worse) things I have got the couple;

- a weekend trip to a fancy hotel (budget depending I,e the pig etc) - could also go half with another friend to make the budget bigger
- restaurant voucher but somewhere special - I got my friends a voucher for the river cafe in London
- le creuset dish
- I actually bought one friend an expensive pan (hilarious I know) and then bought them a voucher for a fancy butchers near their house so they could get a proper steak / deli bits and have a night together

hope that gives you some inspo! X
why the worse? I am intrigued 🤣

why the worse? I am intrigued 🤣
I’ve had two bad ones 😂 on the first my friend was just the worst bridezilla I have ever come across. Had a breakdown cos our gel nails were all slightly different shades of pink, gave us a detailed itinerary of our roles on the day which included things way out of the scope of what a bridesmaid should be doing, basically had a go at us from the moment we got there to the moment we left 😂

the second was one of my friends who is very into raves, techno music and loves drugs. She got extremely nervous whilst getting ready and got a bag of cocaine out of her bag and decided to snort a huge line. She was then so jittery she could barely say her vows and was gurning! Her husband also got so mortally drunk that he was sick and had to be taken back to the hotel by 10. Hideous 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 6
I’ve had two bad ones 😂 on the first my friend was just the worst bridezilla I have ever come across. Had a breakdown cos our gel nails were all slightly different shades of pink, gave us a detailed itinerary of our roles on the day which included things way out of the scope of what a bridesmaid should be doing, basically had a go at us from the moment we got there to the moment we left 😂

the second was one of my friends who is very into raves, techno music and loves drugs. She got extremely nervous whilst getting ready and got a bag of cocaine out of her bag and decided to snort a huge line. She was then so jittery she could barely say her vows and was gurning! Her husband also got so mortally drunk that he was sick and had to be taken back to the hotel by 10. Hideous 🤣
🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣i duno what I was expecting but it defo wasn’t the second one🤣are you still friends with them?🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 4
🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣i duno what I was expecting but it defo wasn’t the second one🤣are you still friends with them?🤣
Yep I am 😂😂😂 oh and also on the second one - she had spent HOURS planning the wedding food, going back and forth on menus and arguing with the venue to get it just right. She ended up doing so much coke that she totally lost her appetite and couldn’t eat one mouthful, such an idiot hahaha. To be fair we now look back and laugh but at the time I honestly thought she was going to overdose

• Haha
Reactions: 3
Yep I am 😂😂😂 oh and also on the second one - she had spent HOURS planning the wedding food, going back and forth on menus and arguing with the venue to get it just right. She ended up doing so much coke that she totally lost her appetite and couldn’t eat one mouthful, such an idiot hahaha. To be fair we now look back and laugh but at the time I honestly thought she was going to overdose
🤣🤣🤣🤣bleeping hell, people probably still talk about it🤣

When we were in bridal party, my partner and I gave money, paid for part of honeymoon hotel, paid for wedding car, paid for music for day 2, personalised wine cooler (all separate wedding presents, I'm not that wealthy to give all that to one couple 🤣🤣🤣).
Agree with whoever suggested money and some personalised token from Etsy.

Reactions: 1