Weaning 👶🏼🍽️🍼

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Hi everyone

I’m bouncing between the baby and the boddler threads at the moment trying to find my feet with weaning for the first time. Hoping that people might add a few recipes for ‘traditional’ and baby led weaning. I’m trying a combination of both so hit me up Mamas with anything your baby liked during this stage!

Hello!

Just jumping in here as we're coming up to 6 months so we'll be starting weaning soon and I need all the advice 😊

Reactions: 1
It’s an absolute minefield! I was told to give vegetables first and then try fruit. I’m watching Baby Hun eat vegetables that I gag eating! Fingers crossed she stays this enthusiastic! Carrot, parsnip, broccoli and pea purées were the first ones we tried. I highly recommend the mummy cooks pots for batch cooking because they are the correct portion size for their ages.

It’s an absolute minefield! I was told to give vegetables first and then try fruit. I’m watching Baby Hun eat vegetables that I gag eating! Fingers crossed she stays this enthusiastic! Carrot, parsnip, broccoli and pea purées were the first ones we tried. I highly recommend the mummy cooks pots for batch cooking because they are the correct portion size for their ages.

It's so weird to suddenly think about giving actual food. I hope the Little Punk takes to it, I like most veg but his dad is strictly carrots and green beans!

Oh they look good, thank you!

My daughter as a baby loved everything. She’s now a toddler 🫠 so she picks and chooses what she does and doesn’t like from one day to the next 😅 she really liked avocado, broccoli, anything with mince or chicken when weaning. Have to say, although she has her go to foods now, she’s always been good with eating her vegetables and fruit!

I've decided I hate weaning 😤 I hate not knowing if I'm giving him enough or the right things, the mess, the waste, having food spat and blown at me, sitting for an eternity holding the spoon because he just clamps his mouth shut and looks the other way, rocking back and forth and getting food everywhere other than in his mouth 😭

Reactions: 2
First time Mum 6 months into weaning now. Been lucky as baby has so far tried everything and generally been chill about the process. I get a lot of anxiety about baby led weaning though and constantly paranoid she’ll choke to death on everything so that’s fun 🫠

Solid Starts website/app is amazing though.

I got the recipe book what mummy makes and love so many recipes from it, I made butter chicken today for us all 🤗

@PunkRocker I’m having one of those weeks where I hate it too. I feel like I haven’t a clue and I should be more adventurous with food but I’m a plain eater myself. She’s tried loads but I’m finding that I’m always coming back to the same lunches and dinners. Baby Hun loves them but I feel like I’m limiting her

I still hate it 😭

I've spent most of this afternoon batch-cooking some meals, making far more effort than I do for anything I eat! Got him in the high chair for tea and he could not give a duck. He had about 3 spoons and was just looking around the room, avoiding eye contact with me and knocking food all over himself. OH came into the kitchen and just said 'Just leave it if he doesn't want it. These things take time.' 😤
I'm sure he's right but at this moment in time, he can shove his well-meaning platitudes up his arse! It's me thinking what to feed him, making it and sitting there like a bleeping lemon 3 times a day!
I just feel like I'm wasting money and time and he's not eating enough.

@PunkRocker I feel your pain. The time, effort and money that goes into batch cooking different things to keep the dinners and lunches varied is a killer. The little wagon would eat bolognaise for every meal and it would make my life so easy but I can’t do that! Dreading her going to crèche where I’ve to send in all her food and try to keep it varied so I don’t get judged

@PunkRocker I feel your pain. The time, effort and money that goes into batch cooking different things to keep the dinners and lunches varied is a killer. The little wagon would eat bolognaise for every meal and it would make my life so easy but I can’t do that! Dreading her going to crèche where I’ve to send in all her food and try to keep it varied so I don’t get judged
Oh wow, as if you've got to send her food in. I'm looking forward to sending the Punk to nursery so I get 2 days off menu duty 😂

We've had a much better week 🙌🏻 Tried salmon and some new veggies quite successfully. He doesn't seem very interested in finger foods, just waves them around then drops them. Not sure if that's normal at 8.5 months. Everything that's not food goes straight to his mouth 🤷🏻‍♀️