Wavy/curly hair suddenly straight??

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Okay so I know this sounds crazy but I’ve noticed in the past month or so my previously wavy/curly hair has started to air dry straight? And if I plait it it doesn’t seem to hold the wave like it did only a few months ago...has anyone else experienced this?

A few points:
  • Not changed my shampoo
  • I guess my stress levels have gone up over the past year
  • Had my implant out last august, not on BC for the first time in 7 years
  • A few months ago I was losing more hair than normal, but it seems to have slowed down. I had what I assume was COVID (partner tested positive at Christmas) and apparently hair loss a few months after the fact is a noted symptom?
  • it seems to be since I trimmed my hair a few weeks ago, could it be the way I trimmed it? I even gave myself some layers so in theory it should be bouncing back up curly but it’s not 😓
  • Over the past year I’ve changed my diet and definitely eating less

Last edited:
Could be hormone related - pregnancy changed my poker straight hair to a lovely wave/curl. Really strange!

• Wow
Reactions: 3
Most likely hormones.
I’ve had curly/wavy hair all my life, it’s only now it’s changing, do you think there’s a chance it’ll ever go back curly? It was curly before birth control
Edited to add the hairs underneath right by my neck are still curly

Reactions: 1
did it go back to straight after you gave birth?
No, it started getting wavy during my first pregnancy, then my second was only 6 months after that so it got curlier. Its annoying though, because two bits at the front stayed straight 😂 i wish it all went curly! Kids are in primary school now and its still curly

I’ve had curly/wavy hair all my life, it’s only now it’s changing, do you think there’s a chance it’ll ever go back curly? It was curly before birth control
Really strange isnt it! Mine hasnt changed back, so who knows! Could just be your hormones being in a bit of a tizz after being off BC after so long

• Wow
Reactions: 3
Mine did this too! I had proper Victorian doll ringlets throughout my childhood & teens and when I was twenty, they just vanished. I was living overseas at the time and I put it down to the change in shampoo & conditioner and the fact that the water in my bathroom wasn’t 90% chalk like at home. But it’s stayed like that ever since - not poker straight but I’d feel almost as if I was exaggerating to call it wavy. Could it be hormonal then?

Reactions: 2
Vaccine side effect?
No not had the vaccine but I very likely did have covid at Christmas, then after about 4/5 months my hair started falling out more which I read is a documented side effect, seems to have slowed down though! I’m also starting to go grey and I’m in my mid 20s...maybe I’m just going through a change ☹

No not had the vaccine but I very likely did have covid at Christmas, then after about 4/5 months my hair started falling out more which I read is a documented side effect, seems to have slowed down though! I’m also starting to go grey and I’m in my mid 20s...maybe I’m just going through a change ☹
Oh the greys, once they start coming through 🙄 got my first few in my late teens, 33 now and got loads.

• Sad
Reactions: 1