Wanted Down Under

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I do feel some people use this a way to get a trip out there. There was a lady on it years ago who was Australian & I think lived in Scotland. Her husband did not want to move & you could see this was going to cause issues. My husband has no desire to move there also so I saw the angst it must of been causing.

Reactions: 4
I do feel some people use this a way to get a trip out there. There was a lady on it years ago who was Australian & I think lived in Scotland. Her husband did not want to move & you could see this was going to cause issues. My husband has no desire to move there also so I saw the angst it must of been causing.
totally, I've lost count of the episodes i have seen where one partner clearly has no desire to move, whether it be to australia or anywhere else, so a trip will not do anything to change their mind

totally, I've lost count of the episodes i have seen where one partner clearly has no desire to move, whether it be to australia or anywhere else, so a trip will not do anything to change their mind
And do not get me started on the emotional blackmail videos relatives do 🙄

Reactions: 3
omg i know! I know if my family/friends realised I could have a better life elsewhere they wouldn;t cry to convince me not to leave even if they didn;t want me to

omg i know! I know if my family/friends realised I could have a better life elsewhere they wouldn;t cry to convince me not to leave even if they didn;t want me to
You can also guarantee granny that is laying it on really thick, only sees the Grand kids once a year

• Haha
I often wonder now if people that did move regret it at all, I think most of the time they would have imagined being able to come back for holidays every couple of years/have friends and relatives visit... obviously all of that has changed now, and who knows if it will ever go back fully to normal

Reactions: 1
I absolutely loathe these. Even the one today, the woman’s mother just could not put her daughter and granddaughter first, it was “I would rather you stayed in the UK”.

Do they even realise how they come across?

I absolutely loathe these. Even the one today, the woman’s mother just could not put her daughter and granddaughter first, it was “I would rather you stayed in the UK”.

yeah exactly, I wonder if they are told to act really emotional like this? or are so many people really that selfish?

It really pees me off. Luckily my family were really supportive

I often wonder now if people that did move regret it at all, I think most of the time they would have imagined being able to come back for holidays every couple of years/have friends and relatives visit... obviously all of that has changed now, and who knows if it will ever go back fully to normal
I was on the F B group for it a few years ago, there were a few people who had appeared, then made the move but came back.

Is this a new series? I like watching Wanted down under Revisited, as i like to see what happened after their trial period in Oz

I always a remember a specific episode and would love to watch it again. If anyone comes across it on iPlayer let me know please!

A couple and two daughters wanted to move out there, and they decided to. Mum and youngest daughter (11 yo?) moved abroad whilst Dad and oldest daughter (15 yo?) stayed in the UK whilst the house sold.

Anyway they did a Revisited episode and drama!

The house didn't sell so Dad and oldest daughter remained in UK. Mum and youngest daughter had made a life abroad, and the parents divorced. Youngest daughter had a full on new accent, new hair colour etc.

• Wow