Walking shoes

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Mum is looking walking shoes for Christmas, anyone have any recommendations?

Will be for walks through muddy fields so must be waterproof

was looking on millets and seen some great expensive ones down in the sale, but reading reviews none seem to be waterproof 🙈

Look for anything that is Goretex lined, they should be waterproof enough for walking through wet fields.

You could also consider Sealskinz socks, a bit pricey but their stuff works.

I have these Brasher ones. They’re very comfortable, strong and waterproof! They need some breaking in though - wore them first doing a trek up Pen Y Ghent and feet were covered in blisters!

I recently got some from Mountain Warehouse, they are so comfortable and waterproof.
I got mine in the sale so they weren't too expensive.

The best walking shoes I've had by far are Scarpa Moraines which you can get miles cheaper than the RRP on Ebay. I've 2 pairs one was £33 and the other pair £40 both brand new with tags. In the shops they are about £150ish.
If shes going anywhere really muddy I'd get her boots personally as mud and water can go over the top of a shoe, and a shoe can get sucked off as well! Nothing is totally waterproof even Gortex can fail and you have to keep spraying them etc with Nikwax etc.