VLCD - Cambridge/Exante/SNS etc

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
So I started the Cambridge diet plan on Friday so day 2 for me! Slight headache and hunger pangs but manageable. I’d like to lose about 6 stone which feels huge but hopefully it’ll go down quickly.

I know there’s the general weight loss thread but as these kind of diets are quite niche I wondered if there were others doing similar and wanted to chat/support each other?

Reactions: 1
I'm doing plain ol' calorie counting but my ultimate end goal will likely be around 6 stone too, so I'm popping in to cheer you on! Good luck! 🤞

So I started the Cambridge diet plan on Friday so day 2 for me! Slight headache and hunger pangs but manageable. I’d like to lose about 6 stone which feels huge but hopefully it’ll go down quickly.

I know there’s the general weight loss thread but as these kind of diets are quite niche I wondered if there were others doing similar and wanted to chat/support each other?
I did Cambridge years ago and it works really quickly. I'd put on weight after my children and lost 3 stones in two months. The first days are hard but it gets much easier and I found I had loads more time as I wasn't eating meals and snacking or thinking about it.
My advice would be to keep on the shakes and don't have any food at all as you almost feel like you're starting again when you do.
I did find my breath was rank though.

I'm doing plain ol' calorie counting but my ultimate end goal will likely be around 6 stone too, so I'm popping in to cheer you on! Good luck! 🤞
Thank you 💖

I did Cambridge years ago and it works really quickly. I'd put on weight after my children and lost 3 stones in two months. The first days are hard but it gets much easier and I found I had loads more time as I wasn't eating meals and snacking or thinking about it.
My advice would be to keep on the shakes and don't have any food at all as you almost feel like you're starting again when you do.
I did find my breath was rank though.
Lol yeah I’ve got some mouth wash to try and combat that, luckily I’m still working at home so it should be too much of a problem, thank god for masks now 😂
Day 3 and not feeling as hungry which is great, real struggle will be working tomorrow but I’m hoping it should be ok, I’d like to start exercising again on my bike too but nothing too hardcore
Definitely preferring the shakes to the meals so far!

Reactions: 2
I have a consult tomorrow with a Cambridge consultant. Need something easier to stick to (former SW but lockdown has not helped lol). I have a little weekend break and a wedding approaching for which I don't want to be strict for I.e I want alcohol and I know its not allowed but how does it work? Can you take cheat days?

I think because you go into ketosis you shouldn’t have alcohol because you can react very badly to it the same for cheat days really, you would be having to go through the hunger all over again after that meal, but I guess if you don’t mind that then it’s up to you

I lost 9lbs in my first week, chuffed ☺

• Heart
Reactions: 4
I think because you go into ketosis you shouldn’t have alcohol because you can react very badly to it the same for cheat days really, you would be having to go through the hunger all over again after that meal, but I guess if you don’t mind that then it’s up to you

I lost 9lbs in my first week, chuffed ☺
I got all my bits for my first week. We did discuss my night out and weekend break and how to work it so I'll be starting fresh in the morning! Fingers crossed and well done on 9lb. I pray I can shift similar!

I got all my bits for my first week. We did discuss my night out and weekend break and how to work it so I'll be starting fresh in the morning! Fingers crossed and well done on 9lb. I pray I can shift similar!
Aw nice good luck! Which packs have you gone for? I’ve got my second lot arriving tomorrow and ordered a lot of the apple and kiwi drink lol

Aw nice good luck! Which packs have you gone for? I’ve got my second lot arriving tomorrow and ordered a lot of the apple and kiwi drink lol
I think I've got 1 of everything 🤣 one of each smoothie & porridge then one of each of the mini meals like mac cheese and a few bars. I've started on step 2 as not 1 stone over BMI to do Step 1. I don't usually like kiwi so I avoided that.... is it very kiwi like?

Nah I think it’s more apple to be fair, can’t taste much kiwi. Honestly it’s amazing! My favourite is that, toffee bar, caramel bites and the veggie, Thai and leek and potato soups. I was keeping a tab of what I liked as I tasted them

Nah I think it’s more apple to be fair, can’t taste much kiwi. Honestly it’s amazing! My favourite is that, toffee bar, caramel bites and the veggie, Thai and leek and potato soups. I was keeping a tab of what I liked as I tasted them
Yeah that's what I plan to do. I have a veg and potato/leek soup too! I did add some of the pop crisps as crisps are my weakness so I have these if times get hard especially in week 1

How are you getting on @Allthevest20 ?

I’m down a stone now woo! Delighted, finding it really easy to stick to the the plan and on a roll. I am going away for a long weekend in 3 weeks so won’t be on plan then but hoping to lose a decent chunk and not go too crazy 😂

Did your consultant give you advice on how to manage going off plan? There will definitely be drinking that weekend 😂

How are you getting on @Allthevest20 ?

I’m down a stone now woo! Delighted, finding it really easy to stick to the the plan and on a roll. I am going away for a long weekend in 3 weeks so won’t be on plan then but hoping to lose a decent chunk and not go too crazy 😂

Did your consultant give you advice on how to manage going off plan? There will definitely be drinking that weekend 😂
I have weigh in 1 tomorrow so Im hoping for a loss! Figured out the products I don't like (just tried the crisp things... BLERG) and struggling a bit with dinners but soldiering on. I'm going out tomorrow night and I shall be drinking - she just advised me to be careful and then keep on plan after and hopefully by the next weigh in I'll be OK. I'm also going away end of July and I will be eating WHATEVER I want as it's the seaside and I want hot dogs and ice cream 🤣

• Haha
I have weigh in 1 tomorrow so Im hoping for a loss! Figured out the products I don't like (just tried the crisp things... BLERG) and struggling a bit with dinners but soldiering on. I'm going out tomorrow night and I shall be drinking - she just advised me to be careful and then keep on plan after and hopefully by the next weigh in I'll be OK. I'm also going away end of July and I will be eating WHATEVER I want as it's the seaside and I want hot dogs and ice cream 🤣
Oh fair enough! Doesn’t sound too strict then, good to hear, hopefully my consultant is the same when I tell her 😂

haven’t tried the crisps, I’m strictly on shakes, meals packs and bars but tbh I’m only going to getting the kiwi drink and bars when I next do my order, might as well just have things I like!

let me know how you get on! Fingers crossed for a good result!

• Heart
Oh fair enough! Doesn’t sound too strict then, good to hear, hopefully my consultant is the same when I tell her 😂

haven’t tried the crisps, I’m strictly on shakes, meals packs and bars but tbh I’m only going to getting the kiwi drink and bars when I next do my order, might as well just have things I like!

let me know how you get on! Fingers crossed for a good result!
6lb off and various inches off places! I'm very pleased with that and means I have 1 stone 3 to go until target yay

• Heart
6lb off and various inches off places! I'm very pleased with that and means I have 1 stone 3 to go until target yay
Well done! That’s such a good result 😊 I think that’s why I prefer this kind of plan, the big results are such good motivation to make you stick to it!

• Heart
Well done! That’s such a good result 😊 I think that’s why I prefer this kind of plan, the big results are such good motivation to make you stick to it!
Thank you! I've learn what meals I do and don't like now too so I have a week of things i know I enjoy. I'm about to make their fish and "chips" receipe of the website so hope its yum (courgette "chips")

How are you doing @Allthevest20 ? I’m down 22lbs now, next weigh in Thursday and then I’m away for a long weekend, bringing some ready made drinks with me with breakfast and sometimes lunch but the booze will definitely be flowing so will be having a normalish dinner!

• Heart
How are you doing @Allthevest20 ? I’m down 22lbs now, next weigh in Thursday and then I’m away for a long weekend, bringing some ready made drinks with me with breakfast and sometimes lunch but the booze will definitely be flowing so will be having a normalish dinner!
This is me so far. Still nothing come off my tummy/hips where I want it to but its coming off top...just over 2 weeks until my weekend away/weekend off!

Attachments

• Heart
Reactions: 2
This is me so far. Still nothing come off my tummy/hips where I want it to but its coming off top...just over 2 weeks until my weekend away/weekend off!
Well done that’s great! It’s a great feeling isn’t it, I’m hoping my legs will start to slim out a bit but noticed my stomach feels a lot slimmer, think I’ve lost 3 inches from there so far.

How are you feeling about your weekend off? Are you only doing it up until then? I’m very excited about having 3/4ish days off but conscious I don’t want to undo the good work so far 😂