Viva Las Vegas! recommendations for hotels / places of interest

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
We only went for 5 days so had a tight schedule of trying to fit things in.

I used a website called Viator to book and pay for all our trips before we got there to save time trying to do it out there. It was great, hassle free and everything ran smoothly.

We did the Hoover Dam and the Grand Canyon with the Skywalk, a ghost hunt out in Goodsprings, dinner at the Top of the Stratosphere (booked before we went), a show at The Venetian, breakfast at the Bellagio and the Mob Museum and downtown, as well as all the usual sightseeing stuff (Siegfried and Roys Secret Garden, Shark Reef at Mandalay Bay, the Las Vegas sign, the chapels, etc) and mooching around all the hotels! I was knackered when we got back!

Reactions: 1
I’d like to revive this thread as I’m going for the first time in September, so if anyone has anymore vegas tips or recommendations I’d appreciate it 😀
Has anyone bought one of those vegas passes or do you just generally buy tickets separately?
also not sure what shoes to wear whilst out and about, I know trainers are the most obvious choice but feel like my feet will be really hot and sweaty in the heat 🤔
I’ve been a couple of times and could give you lots of tips but I’d recommend you watch a girl on YouTube called Travel Ruby as she lives there and is completely up to date.

Yes, your feet will be hot and tired, everything looks closer than it is from your window as the buildings are huge so don’t try and cover too big an area each day. Don’t be fashion conscious with your feet, go for comfort, maybe something like Sketchers go walk sandals or lightweight trainers like Allbirds.

You must keep drinking water as that affects your feet too. Desert heat is very dehydrating as is the air conditioning everywhere. Go to Walgreens when you get there and get some Jergens Aloe Vera moisturiser. Even my armpits were dried out!🥴. You’ll love it.

Bit of a late reply but thank you to those who responded to my post! Does anyone have any experience with the 20 dollar trick for a room upgrade?😂

Bit of a late reply but thank you to those who responded to my post! Does anyone have any experience with the 20 dollar trick for a room upgrade?😂
I honestly think that’s a myth? But I could be wrong. You can just ask if there are any room upgrades available? Didn’t get an upgrade but got a sweet upgrade on the flight going home. 😍

Just discovered this thread.

Me and hubby absolutely love Vegas - have been 7 times since our honeymoon in 2002. We love that you can sit by a pool in the morning (pool season), chill out before hitting the Strip for a bit of lunch, shopping, getting back to your room for a Nana nap (don’t judge 😂😂) and then out for dinner and a show.

We were last there in June 2019 and saw Gaga twice (Enigma and Jazz), Celine (who’ve we have seen 3 times in Vegas) and Xtina.

Hubby always wears trainers when out walking but I wear Birkenstocks. Wear whatever you find comfortable. Plenty of opportunities to cool off in AC in the hotels.

If you can, definitely hire a car for one day - you save so much money using a hire car then taking cabs/Ubers. We use the car to go off strip shopping at Town Square Mall (cheaper than the Strip as shops at the Mall have sales), Target and Walmart. Also can go to Hoover Dam without doing a coach tour and The Neon Boneyard. We also drove one year to Death Valley National Park - just over 2 hour drive from the Strip.

We prefer staying at MGM Signature as rooms have small kitchenettes which means I can make a proper English cuppa in the mornings. Plus we have breakfast in our room (purchase cereals and milk from CVS) as you eat enough for lunch/dinner! In 2019 I told a little white lie and said it was our 20th Wedding Anniversary (it wasn’t it was our 17th!) and we we’re upgraded to a fabulous corner suite on the top floor (not penthouse). The $20 is a bit of a myth. Think it worked many years ago!

The only downside to our trip in 2019 was the smell of Weed when walking the Strip 🤢

Definitely plan what you want to see and do. Check Ticketmaster US to see who is playing at the time you are there in case you want to book tickets. A Cirque show is always worth seeing - we loved Beatles Love.

Las Vegas sign go as early as you can to beat the queues.

🇺🇸

Just discovered this thread.

Me and hubby absolutely love Vegas - have been 7 times since our honeymoon in 2002. We love that you can sit by a pool in the morning (pool season), chill out before hitting the Strip for a bit of lunch, shopping, getting back to your room for a Nana nap (don’t judge 😂😂) and then out for dinner and a show.

We were last there in June 2019 and saw Gaga twice (Enigma and Jazz), Celine (who’ve we have seen 3 times in Vegas) and Xtina.

Hubby always wears trainers when out walking but I wear Birkenstocks. Wear whatever you find comfortable. Plenty of opportunities to cool off in AC in the hotels.

If you can, definitely hire a car for one day - you save so much money using a hire car then taking cabs/Ubers. We use the car to go off strip shopping at Town Square Mall (cheaper than the Strip as shops at the Mall have sales), Target and Walmart. Also can go to Hoover Dam without doing a coach tour and The Neon Boneyard. We also drove one year to Death Valley National Park - just over 2 hour drive from the Strip.

We prefer staying at MGM Signature as rooms have small kitchenettes which means I can make a proper English cuppa in the mornings. Plus we have breakfast in our room (purchase cereals and milk from CVS) as you eat enough for lunch/dinner! In 2019 I told a little white lie and said it was our 20th Wedding Anniversary (it wasn’t it was our 17th!) and we we’re upgraded to a fabulous corner suite on the top floor (not penthouse). The $20 is a bit of a myth. Think it worked many years ago!

The only downside to our trip in 2019 was the smell of Weed when walking the Strip 🤢

Definitely plan what you want to see and do. Check Ticketmaster US to see who is playing at the time you are there in case you want to book tickets. A Cirque show is always worth seeing - we loved Beatles Love.

Las Vegas sign go as early as you can to beat the queues.

🇺🇸
Great tip about the Birkenstocks, been struggling deciding which comfy shoes to take as trainers in that heat just doesn’t seem right to me haha

Honestly, don't expect anything. $20 has been mentioned as the 'trick' for years - its funny its never went up with inflation! Personally I'd just ask nicely at check in if there are any free upgrades available and then tip them if they find one for you. It depends as well on when you are going. Monday, Tues, Weds more likely to have some free rooms than the weekend.

Reactions: 2
We saw Penn & Teller at the Rio. They stuck around after the show to meet the audience/autographs/selfies. Their show was really good, and very funny.

I’m going this month and staying at Planet Hollywood, does anyone know if you have to have a damage deposit as well as pay the resort fees?

I’m going this month and staying at Planet Hollywood, does anyone know if you have to have a damage deposit as well as pay the resort fees?
Yes usually a hold is placed on your card as a deposit. Recommend using a credit card, not a debit.