Vitamins/supplements

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
It’s interesting that you say this as my optician this week told me I have severe dry eye which is causing blurriness rather than my prescription like I thought. He just gave me eye drops to use 8 times a day for the next couple of months and didn’t say anything about supplements. Definitely something to look into!
What drops do you use? This sounds like me but my optician just bumps up my prescription every time (I’m going to go to someone else next time)

For the folks with dry eyes - my Dad and I both have dry eye syndrome, the optician he sees gave him a supplement to try called MacuShield which I think is l-cartinine based, to help ‘moisturise’ his eye balls. Now his is worse than mine as he also has AMD, but he seems to think it’s helping.

• Heart
Reactions: 3
What drops do you use? This sounds like me but my optician just bumps up my prescription every time (I’m going to go to someone else next time)
They gave me Hycosan Extra which I’ve been using for a couple of days. My eyes definitely feel fresher after use so hoping for some improvement. It’s definitely worth a try - I thought my eyes had deteriorated badly but actually the optician only made the smallest tweak to my prescription! And eye drops are definitely cheaper than new glasses!

For the folks with dry eyes - my Dad and I both have dry eye syndrome, the optician he sees gave him a supplement to try called MacuShield which I think is l-cartinine based, to help ‘moisturise’ his eye balls. Now his is worse than mine as he also has AMD, but he seems to think it’s helping.

That’s great thank you, I’m definitely going to look into this!

• Heart
Reactions: 2
They gave me Hycosan Extra which I’ve been using for a couple of days. My eyes definitely feel fresher after use so hoping for some improvement. It’s definitely worth a try - I thought my eyes had deteriorated badly but actually the optician only made the smallest tweak to my prescription! And eye drops are definitely cheaper than new glasses!

That’s great thank you, I’m definitely going to look into this!
You’re very welcome - also thanks for the heads up about the drops you’re using. I need a decent recommendation as the ones I’m using aren’t doing enough!

• Heart
Reactions: 1

Thank you for the link. It’s quite pricey for me so I’m going to speak to my opticians but the reviews I’ve read sound very positive. Glad your dad has found something to help him. What do you use for your dry eye syndrome?
---
You’re very welcome - also thanks for the heads up about the drops you’re using. I need a decent recommendation as the ones I’m using aren’t doing enough!
I use Hycosan too! The one with the red label I use in the morning and night and the ones with the purple label I use throughout the day.

Reactions: 1
My late brother was an optician, and he recommended hycosan for dry eyes- I tried it and it made a huge difference!

Reactions: 2
Thank you for the link. It’s quite pricey for me so I’m going to speak to my opticians but the reviews I’ve read sound very positive. Glad your dad has found something to help him. What do you use for your dry eye syndrome?
---
It is quite pricey - I think my dad gets it discounted through his optician, but still not cheap and he’s in his late 70s.

I’m going to give Hycosan a try - but normally I use Thealoz drops. I’ve also tried the A Vogel moisturising eye drops too. Both good - but I need something more!

I bought Hycosan Extra today. Can’t believe I’ve lived my life so far thinking Optrex is the only option 🤯

Reactions: 3
Searched for this thread and surprised to see the dry eye talk because that’s why I’m looking here! Has anyone found anything that helped since they last posted??

I’ve ordered lutein+ and vitamin A as apparently they help with eye health and a website I found had them on sale. I’ll probably have to go back to hycosan drops again. I bought the second most expensive ones when I went away and barley used them but now can’t find them.
---
I want to add have you all tried hot eye masks for your dry eyes?? That I remember did seem to make a difference for me when I used to do something about my dry eyes. Seems to have got worse again recently so going to start doing more. Have to start the heat eye masks again.

Last edited:
Searched for this thread and surprised to see the dry eye talk because that’s why I’m looking here! Has anyone found anything that helped since they last posted??

I’ve ordered lutein+ and vitamin A as apparently they help with eye health and a website I found had them on sale. I’ll probably have to go back to hycosan drops again. I bought the second most expensive ones when I went away and barley used them but now can’t find them.
---
I want to add have you all tried hot eye masks for your dry eyes?? That I remember did seem to make a difference for me when I used to do something about my dry eyes. Seems to have got worse again recently so going to start doing more. Have to start the heat eye masks again.
Yes!! Ive been meaning to post in here to say that the Hycosan Extra definitely makes a difference! I use them a few times a day.

I’m trying to be on my phone less (not that’s it’s really working) but I don’t think you blink as much when staring at a screen, which makes your eyes more dry.

Haven’t found anything else though. What are the heated eye masks?

Yes!! Ive been meaning to post in here to say that the Hycosan Extra definitely makes a difference! I use them a few times a day.

I’m trying to be on my phone less (not that’s it’s really working) but I don’t think you blink as much when staring at a screen, which makes your eyes more dry.

Haven’t found anything else though. What are the heated eye masks?
I always used a microwaveable one but I just read that an electronic one is better as the other kinds lose the heat too quickly to be effective. I’ll have to look into an electronic one
IMG_5718.jpeg